A glimpse into my garage

A question. If someone of limited skill and resources came upon a plastic bag labeled with an almost mythic strain name, what would it take to authenticate the strain?

In particular, is G13HP88 recognizable in its vegetative state or would one have to grow it out and smoke it? For example, before considering a seed run.

Would one plant be enough for verification purposes.

Edit: I have learned that the bag is a mix and a hunt will be required. Think I will need to work some skills up first.

1 Like

Korin, back home*, awaiting seed viability demo before harvest.

What’s up with the way they cling to their dry wilted leaves?

*Don’t worry, everything is fine with GF. She just wanted her study back. The incident with the Water Waiters was minor and who looks at floors anyway.

3 Likes

Gonna reveg half of the clones I got and CS them. Need more seed making practice.

I will trim them back to low growth and put them under 18/6. How does one know a plant has revegged? I am guessing they make some non-frostly fan leaves. Did I hear something about weird morphology after reveg? How long to reveg/CS/flower? Three or four weeks? Everything stops for November. My other passions call.

10/2
Changed my mind. Took cuttings instead. The clones stay outside. Gotta protect the Mamas.

2 Likes

Old neglected Nora (Jillybean) clone. For shits and giggles I’m gonna see if I can graft her onto Korin.

Took another snip off a live Nora clone in the dirt. Dirty Nora.

Break out the new toy!

Match?

Good although both scion candidates are blooming, which isn’t great. Maybe if I cut the buds off Korin won’t notice.

Hmmm. Too small. My eyesight isn’t up to this. Tried spanning with a twig. No luck. Too small.
Try Dirty Nora.

Nope. The small diameters remove the tool’s advantage. Back to stone knives.

And we are good!

Day 2:
Looking good. Leave the humidity bag on for another day or two.

Day 3
Still looking good.

Tent off!

Nope.

15 Likes

Shit that’s a good looking trunk for that size of pot … what did it yield may I ask?

2 Likes

She was a beauty, fat colas, lots of em. Frosty. Probably Six oz. or so if she’d made it but I didn’t jump on a mold issue (expensive Newb mistake) and I lost almost all of her. Got two quart ball jars and this sad story:

Her sister is still thriving in the dirt (Dirty Laura) but those buds are nothing like the original. Probably get an oz or two from her.

5 Likes

I was going guess better than a QP looks about the size I had on my one and only plant last year!

2 Likes

Mama Laura seems to have gotten the reveg memo.

13 Likes

Nice, revegging can be tricky sometimes. How long did it take?

5 Likes

@beacher
Thank you.
I cut her back about two weeks ago. I let her rest in place for a few days then down potted. Then rest a few more days. I put her under 18/6 8 days ago.

One note. When I lollypopped these girls, back in July, I left live growth on the very bottom branches near the stem. This seems to have achieved my goal of keeping the mother area productive.

GSCxOaxacan

Jillybean

7 Likes

So, it appears my recent failed graft attempt has had a negative impact on an earlier graft further up the branch.

Any thoughts on how I might care for this? Selective foliar feed perhaps? The graft is on Korin who is currently putting their energy into making seeds brown. I have not yet succeeded in popping anything I have taken off of them.

5 Likes

A true scientist! Props for the kickass work you have performed. Great thread!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yesterday afternoon I did a feed and foliar of this:

That is what both root stock and scion were vegged on.
She’s not happy. Sun? Sun!

4 Likes

Note: after a couple hours it was clear that sun wasn’t the problem. My hydraulic “fix” didn’t hit the spot either. I wait for reveg to play more grafting games.

4 Likes

I think the old graft it’s not getting water from the stem. It was doing fine before I cut off the branch. Even when the new graft was dying.

I have the idea that removing the branch below the graft either shut off a “feed me” signal or that the cut remains open and is interfering with the hydraulic pressure to the scion. A rootstock native growth tip between the graft and the plant stem may have been necessary.

This is testable.

4 Likes

Laura (ColombianGoldxPanamaRed):

She’s continuing to reveg up nicely. She seems a bit deep into green. When she was first vegging she was a worrysome pale lime.

The graft of her branch on my herm is seeded and strong.

The graft of GSCxOaxacan is dead and drying.

5 Likes

Subbed for this. I always enjoy fuckery

4 Likes

@anon58740919 - If you only knew.

Just noted your “for that size pot” qualification. She was in a five gallon. I down potted her to this three and am considering an additional downsize. She is not drinking all her water and I am concerned for her roots.

1 Like

Ran out of likes. And I have a fair idea I’m a bit of a fuckerer myself :rofl: thought about grafting onto a mother for a multi strain but seems hard work. So I send anything I want to mother to a mate. (The one infested with bastard spider mites)

1 Like