A glimpse into my garage

The one in that picture did not make it. I have three more. One with a somewhat less dramatic reduction is doing quite well. Two are struggling but I don’t think it’s because of the root ball reduction. One-trick may be to harvest on the early side, so that the plant hasn’t begun to die before you repot it
My belief is that as long as the demands on the root system are reduced along with the roots the plant has a good shot.

3 Likes

Temp in garage is 58° RH 48.

Bonsai Mother, ColombianGoldxPanamaRed still looking good. May pull a few clones to keep her working.

Two more struggling. Third in front was just cut down. No repot.

These were doing fine under the dome for about 5 days. When I removed the dome they started falling over.

Lights are far away.

These are doing fine. Potted at the same time as above but no dome, ever. Closer to 2x F20T12 lights. Gal in front started on a windowsill.

All the sprouts are CGxPR fems from Korin. Unless one or two show stunning qualities I expect to pull them all up before they mature. Just want to know what happens to them when I max out on LITFA.

Current plan is to fertize half of them when they show 3 blade leaves. Let the others ask for ferts. See what that looks like.

7 Likes

Small GSCxOaxacan bonsai clone may make it.

CGxPR is still going strong. No new clones taken.

8 Likes

Sprayed with citric acid last night.

Significantly fewer gnat flies today.

5 Likes

question regarding the pic about mama Laura reveg.

Do you have pic from potting? I am wondering how much leaves did you leave when you cut the plant and trimmed the roots.

I gather that this pic is 5-10 days after re-potting?
did you put something on the cuts to seal them? or something to clean them?

Great thread, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Yes @enomuumi the pics are below. When I lollypopped her back in July I intentiinally left the bottom green growth on the first two nodes. I attribute success to this and the fact that I got her turned around before her “time to die” signals went off.

The day I took her down. First Grow, popped in April

After the chop before the downpot.

The downpotting

Switching my attention now to the Jungle Spice grow here.

The front two are still hopeful GSCxOaxacan mothers. The rest are placeholders, CGxPR sprouts testing the environment for the coming JS. The small heater isn’t doing much but they are all sitting on a dog warmer.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Got a mat and some samples today. I asked the guy if he had a Micronutrient Mycorrhizol combo. He ran in back and got these. Anybody know them?

Anything I need to look out for using hydro stuff in soil?

5 Likes

It may be a premature announcement but…

It looks to me like Dora has decided to live on.

Of course, it ain’t over 'till it’s over. Still, I have yet another reason to smile in my garage.

10 Likes

Did you repot to reveg?

2 Likes

I got the same sample pack from my hydro store…
MicrobeLife has a good reputation for microbe-bennies that live up to the units claimed on the back of the label. Photo+ is especially well-liked by Nectar for the Gods users…

1 Like

Repot: No, this girl was a clone that began life as a first bonsai experiment. I planted her root riot sideways, braced her down with chop-sticks and the occaisional rubber band. She didn’t even flinch.
I am considering uppotting her as she’s the last of her cultivar. Gonna wait until she regains vigor.

Re Microbe Life. Any issues using them in soil? Up until today the above bonsai had been feeding on unreplenished micronutes since August.

1 Like

No problems in soil, coco, hydro, or whatever medium.
There are some good videos on youtube - Oregon’s Constant Gardner

Carl Gorka and Scott Berke have vids explaining the products and benefits.
(both from the company that makes the Microbe Life line)

1 Like

Here’s what we have so far:
I will need to partition this space for 12/12. Not sure how I am going to do that. May move the bonsais into the house if they can handle it.

CGxPR, doing fine. Have five clones in small containers. Going to try for a personal Solo cup grow. Didn’t get to taste her in maturity.

GSCxOaxacan, pretty sure she has begun to reveg. Gave her some Foxfarm bloom nutes a few days ago as she hasn’t gotten micronutes since August. Trimmed the bud ends off those middle shoots this morning.

These are the CGxPR clones

And these…

Here are some mistreated CGxPR S1s. I plan to expose them to my 12/12 while I iron out the wrinkles.

First CGxPR S1 to get potted. She may be allowed to live.

This will likely become the 12/12 area. With the veg off to the left, on the rack.

8 Likes

A note on the GSCxOaxacan.
I took the tiny little buds off of those two middle branches and stuck them under a microscope. Despite thriving through the entire summer and sitting around with various lights on it since then, there’s almost zero amber in the trichomes. Is it possible that something about its chemistry keeps its THC from converting to CBN?

2 Likes

Got a couple of these. 28/55 Watt so they won’t go in my splitters (which appear to be rated 25 Watt per split) but if I want to move the Mamas inside these may be just the ticket.

4 Likes

Darrion Gap (aka ColombianGold x PanamaRed) - the show goes on.

Korin spawn in a cup. Doing quite nicely. I may grow her out.

Laura,

Laura clones

5 Likes

Haircut.

Near side got rooting hormones. Far did not.

Edit: 12/19 no roots yet. Gave each a good shake. No heat under them. May be inhibiting root dev. Could take them into the house…

Edit 1/10/20
These aren’t doing well. A glimpse into my garage

13 Likes

Test tube clone idea is fascinating!

2 Likes