A longer high

Hi everyone,it’s a beautiful day to be alive and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.I was also hoping to get some thoughts on what factors influence and /or what is responsible for the duration of high and also what strains you have smoked that give a very powerful,crisp,clear,memorable,fun,motivational, up, high, that last a long time,is reliable,stable,and available in regular seed form. Thank you ahead of time for anyone who replies.

8 Likes

I would like to know this too

2 Likes

CBD modulates THC, so just guessing here, but high THC with a fair amount of CBD is a good start.
There are probably other cannabinoids involved, some terpenes probably have a small effect too.
I usually like to link a science paper to back up my thoughts, but I don’t have one today.

4 Likes

Alot of it can be harvest timing, the longer u leave it and the more amber the trichomes the more stoney and longer lasting it will be but if u pick it earlier at all cloudy then u get a stronger punch that just don’t last as long

5 Likes

Edibles seem to last a long time. Made some butter that hits like a football in the groin…in a good way
football-simpsons

12 Likes

genetic, environmental factors and cutting timing are the one.

For the kind of high you’re seeking, pure sativas would be the go to. But expect more difficult plants to manage (longer flowering time, more stretch,…).

3 Likes

Sorry to be lengthy.Thank you all.I do grow mainly thinner blade hybrids(as it’s hard for me to find pure stable sativa’s with any real world power that’s still pleasant,most are overrated or give that shitty anxious tight feeling,IME)and have found they do tick more of the boxes than broads do but they tend to be less fun and make me lazy and sleepy which I don’t like.I have some decades into toking and have been growing since the late 90s including years for a med club in a collective so we all traded clones during the days when you couldn’t talk about it or expect a rat,and I have grown a lot of strains,and there hasn’t really been much better lately than when I started and even the old school strains that were exceptional then sort of got weaker.When I smoke most of my friends weed that they buy at dispensaries or reserves I find it’s bland ,all about the same and boring,it is pretty looking but have empty trichromes and some are only 10 minute effects,so I smoke it so they don’t get offended or tell them I just finished one before they got here. I’m looking for strains that retain the up effects after they are mature and not so much dependent on timing.I remember smoking imported weed full of ripe seeds when I was in high school and as a young adult,and they lasted a lot longer and got you high not stoned so native environment is probably a big factor as mentioned. I’m looking at a strong hour as the norm and I’d like to double that. I do find when I make hash the effects are a bit longer. Edibles would be an option but they are hard to control and sometimes I just want a cple bong rips of potent weed right away to make the task at hand more enjoyable but still function and not do the job twice lol. I believe that it’s certain ratios of the main chemicals that are responsible and terpenes act on that or combine to enhance or detract,given the plant is grown properly. I don’t care about yield or length of cycle,my flowering room is 16 x 18 and veg room is 10x12 so they can get unruly all they like,I’ll add more light if needed,my days of growing production came to an end when the market dried from “legalization”. I have never had a good legit Kali or Jack, which is what I’m looking for next if anyone has real ones they vouche for I’d buy some or trade if anyone is interested and a good sk#1,or I’m thinking of the Malawi from ACE if it’s not a constrictor since they say it’s wicked. Nothing I have smoked in a long time comes close to a special c99,the only other ones in that league were a killer sk#1 and a Nirvana Ice and I foolishly let them both go and I should have selfed both

4 Likes

NLD (Narrow Leaf Drug) types of landraces are likely to have that euphoric ‘feel good’ high. Best of luck!

also I’ve found edibles to remain in my system for longer, regardless of the variety ingested

3 Likes

Yeah some sativas can trigger anxiety. Depends on the strain though.

I was wondering if you sometimes do breaks in you cannabis consumption? What you describe make me think of a high level of tolerance (not to disagree with your mention on latest hype strain being sometimes not so interesting). Had that syndrome too once, taking a break helped a lot to better enjoy the blunt. Doing it regulary (well…) since then. It doesn’t have to be super long for that to happen.

ACE’s malawi is potent, but I’m not sure you’ll get the “up” high you want with it. It’s also pretty blant on the smell/taste side and has quite a body effect too. ACE can be one of the seedbank to look at for what you want for sure. Their panama red has great success. As you seem to be in the US (“dispo” :slight_smile: ), you may also want to contact colorado sativa (website/contact should easy to find), he has a great collection and may help you, kind guy.

I’d say take your time reading the various landraces threads here and on other places like icmag, you would probably get a better idea of which sativa may suits you (specially regarding anxiety), then it’s a matter to find a correct seedbank that as some. Also often a good place to ask that question, there’s some sativa expert lurking in those threads and chances are they did not see your thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, I do smoke every day but usually once after work but on weekends I may smoke during the day but a bowl lasts me a couple days.I’m from Ontario Canada,I mentioned dispenseries as we can buy it off the shelf beyond reserves,I think you can mail order as well but I don’t use any of those because I already know what to expect.Thx for the Panama tip, I’ll look into that.

I’ve no clue what makes a high last.
C99 is my recommendation. Hits like a sativa then settles into an indica body buzz that lasts a few hours.

1 Like

I agree I bought c99 during the early release and made f2 and now I have it at f3 and as I mentioned I haven’t found it’s match in a long time,that’s why I was wondering if Jack is equal or better since I’ve never had it

3 Likes

Sorry buddy that last post looked very long and in all honesty and no offence to you what so ever I couldn’t be arsed to read it.
I’ve never tried jack herer myself if I’m honest but it’s supposedly some strong weed.
I usually grow anything except stardawg these days as the uk is fludded with it. I rely on people getting bored and wanting something different.
Being uk I usually grow fems but in ultra rare occasions I’ll pop a few reg seeds.
Hope you find what your searching for. :+1::v:

3 Likes

I grew a C99 from brothers grimm about 15 years ago. It was an old seed that came free with my order ( old stock). It was a female so I crossed it with my poly hybrid. I really liked her ! She was a wonderful smoke and a perfect plant to grow. The only thing I have found that comes close to her is a Ghost Train Haze #1 that I have.

2 Likes