A note about buying AC Infinity products (and probably others) on Amazon

first off i hope this is in the right topic and not redundant. and it is not a complaint about AC Infinity’s products.

im not an irritable guy but a bit annoyed at the packaging methods from my recent purchase on amazon.
i specifically clicked for everything to be shipped in its original boxes (which i correctly assumed would be labelled fragile by AC). two of those shipped properly directly from AC (the ducting and the carbon filter) however the two important, expensive and fragile items (tent and inline) were shipped together in an amazon box in an awkward arrangement, with no padding at all and without a fragile marker on the outside box. there are obvious dents from it being tossed around in transit.

its too late at this point for me to return them probably, unless i find real obvious damage inside the inline fan box and im forced to. its really not a complaint or a venting session just a warning, i find no reason to complain to amazon especially if im feeling a little irritable at the time, those people are not at fault, quotas in warehouses and profit margins are surely whats going on here.

i know AC would want to know this, and growers would as well, so i post this here and send the same to them in email form.

recently i bought ferts direct from jr peters etc so im not sure why i didnt try that with AC. thinking anything over $100 im no longer buying on amazon.

:peace_symbol:

12 Likes

Amazon is a cheap, lazy company. They only care about getting you the merch quickly. We used to get damaged boxes often. I don’t blame the drivers or warehouse workers. The company itself (owner, upper management) just doesn’t give a shit.

I have been paying a little more and getting items straight from the manufacturer or smaller retailer. Much better packaging and customer service than Analzon.

11 Likes

yea from what i understand amazon doesnt really make a ton of money off sending the packages, so i should assume corners would be cut. the thought that ive bought $10 worth of kitchenware on there and had it come in a similar size box with tons of bubble pads made me chuckle. that warehouse must’ve had more shipping supplies on hand at the time.

i agree, the employees are almost never the problem.

3 Likes

sorry to hear that – it’s best to purchase direct from “maker” or a rep- realer. Sure you might pay a bot more but it’s worth it in the end / I’m sure many have experienced a “bad” order, ect

6 Likes

check the controller for the inline fan i bet they sent you the old one… if they did email them and they will send you the new controller 69.

you do save more going thru amazon during deals though

5 Likes

I recently purchased a new uv aquarium light for my reservoir.

First one came broken, second one perfect. It took 2 extra days to get the new one and a trip to my local ups for the return but 24$ for a 13watt uv aquarium light with a built in timer is hard to say no to.

Also my uv light came in a larger box just like yours even though I ordered no other products and it was left to flop around.

2 Likes

FYI: AC is a pretty decent company to deal with on returns and warranty issues. I’ve purchased from Amazon had issues and returned and received replacement directly to and from ACI with only my Amazon order number. No hassle, only apologies for a defective product.
Hope nothing is damaged! If so and return to Amazon is not an option I’d try calling AC directly. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Just tell Amazon your shit is damaged. You bought a brand new product and you expect it to show up looking brand new. No need to cop an attitude or anything because they just don’t give a shit. They may just tell you to keep it and refund your money or tell you to keep it and send you another product. Like @BudWhisperer said, they are gonna do what ever keeps the Amazon machine spinning at top speed.

7 Likes

thats even more crazy, at least the person packing this one could try to claim they were being efficient.

its complicated i wont bore you but basically i either toss the mother plant i just bought and return everything or set it up. dont have lots of space. im tempted to do that though.

4 Likes

Did you open the boxes and check for issues?

6 Likes

Set up all the stuff AND tell them it’s damaged, even if it’s only aesthetically damaged and see what they do for you.

4 Likes

i cant find any issues with the inline, didnt open the tent box as its clearly marked fragile and wasnt shipped as such. even though im more concerned about issues with the fan.

i just submitted the return to amazon. i did this last time where i bought cuts, things went wrong and got delays and the cuts stalled out under weak lights and got bugs. doing this for a seed run for a legit human being, going to do it legit from the start. will give the mom to a trusted grower and bring her back when she has a proper home.

i think sometimes i use this place as a form of controlled peer pressure because you guys end up convincing me to do the right thing. always appreciated.

5 Likes

Just hit up ACI about some fans not playing well with the controller 69 pro a couple weeks ago. They think it’s the UIS cords, which is a weak point we’ve heard of in their gear.
Anyway, they pointed out the fans weren’t in our direct order history, we sent the Amazon order numbers, and they’ve got new UIS cable on its way to us now, as far as we know.
Solid customer service.
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

ETA Update: Not even just sending new UIS, they’re sending 2 new fans to replace ours. Should be here in 6 days. Nice.

5 Likes

The fact that a tent and inline fan weren’t packed in bubble wrap is making you return it? That’s wild. That’s how all of my AC Infinity stuff has come and it’s all absolutely fine. I’d be much more concerned with the quality of products, as opposed to shipping, if an inline fan and tent packed tightly in separate boxes and then put inside another box are damaged. This is a wild one. Haha

9 Likes

youre saying thats how the ac infinity products are shipped directly from them?

1 Like

They come in a box either way I’ve ordered. Those boxes are barely damaged in your picture. What do you think is wrong with the tent from being shipped like that? Are the poles bent from that tiny mark on the outside of the box it’s in? What’s wrong with the in-line fan from having some marks on the outside of the box it’s packed in? An inline fan breaks from being shipped inside of another box? I wouldn’t buy their stuff if it’s so junky it can’t handle the tiniest of damage to the box it’s shipped in. This isn’t Waterford or something.

7 Likes

Lol @PatHealy

Bro even if the shit isn’t damaged, tell Amazon it is anyway. Why? Cuz fuck em, that’s why? They ship all kinda bootleg ass shit to unsuspecting customers. Make em eat their own shit.

6 Likes

thats how it was shipped, the marks are from the two smashing together so obviously you cant see the one on the tent box. i specifically told them to not do that, its an option at check out, and they did it anyway so no the others are right theres no need to accept that, thats their problem.

2 Likes

I hate Amazon for sure, but they’re not doing any keep it and we’ll send you another any longer. Those were nice while they lasted. Haha They’re cracking down on returns to lower costs quite a bit now though. Company sucks so much. Bezos and his creepy ass son.

6 Likes

Hahaha So, because the boxes bumped during shipping and Amazon didn’t follow your instructions, but the items are fine you’re going to return them?

7 Likes