A series of possible fortunate events

Nice names, somebody worked hard on those… Zeus Juice :rofl: :joy: :+1:

I haven’t seen those around here, how do you like them?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Just some pics. This 4500k light is really keeping the stretching down ( minus when I had it to far on the mighty glue )
I’ve been writing up my planned feeding schedule for them. Gonna get that finished today. I also have my first back to back days off in almost 11 weeks starting now so I’m gonna get some work done. See if I can find some stuff to split that shower into 2 separate levels.

I also have a friend coming over tomorrow with a LED and another 4x2 tent I might try and set up somewhere. Not sure on that part yet but the light will definitely come in hand during veg.

I’m gonna top the mighty glue tomorrow. Once its recovered and growing again I’ll do another update.

5 Likes

I had some… unforeseen circumstances arise and I had to ditch my last grow . That’s ok tho, everything went to a good home. I decided to get rid of my tents and other stuff to gift to a friend and over the past few months I’ve been trying to plan a new spot/grow . So instead of just using the shower for veg, I gutted out the entrance to it and have turned it into a 5x3x8 spot. I still need to level the floor and I have another light to hang ( veg light ) but its enough to get me started now .
Some pics of the space now-
I took out the towel rail and medicine cabinet to open up the corner, and finally hung my 16 inch hurricane fan.
Went up to lowes and grabbed some “hangers” that I anchored into the ceiling to hang the light .

Taped the excess wires to the wall to organize it up a little and now I just need a timer and a black out curtain. Maybe along the way I’ll put a more excessable door with velcro or zippers . I plan to add another floor fan, and a cheap little a.c unit to go into the room.

I have wedding cake , blue gelato, and a few others on hand , not sure what I’m gonna start first but I’ll decide by tonight and get those germinated . Using nectar soil, emerald harvest nutrients, general hydro PH up/down, and starting in 2 gallon smart pots to finish in 5 .

3 Likes

Day 1 , both blue cindy and wedding cake germinated in less rhan 48 hours. I just put them in pots this morning with nectar for the gods soil. I was going to just start all 4 of the strains I got ( blue gelato 41, and purple princess on top of these 2) but I’m curious about this blue cindy as theres only a few grow logs out there and there seems to be many different phenotypes . So depending on what I get I may clone her .
Either way I think starting with 2 while I finish up the rest of the room is the best idea for the plants and myself.

My water is pretty hard and comes out at about 7.5, I grabbed some declhorinator a while back that I never got to use so I’m gonna stay on top of that this round and see if it really makes a noticable difference.

Also, I got these nutrients from a vendor event i went to a while back but have yet to use. Any personal experience with any of these would be appreciated as I’m going to try and add these in with the emerald harvest line

3 Likes

Awesome idea to use a spare shower! I started back in growing and joined around the time you had stopped. I’ll be watching this progress.

3 Likes

Thanks man! Glad to have you here.
After moving around 3 different tents over the period of a few years I decided it was time to just build a permanent spot . This entire back bathroom can be used so I’m tossing around some ideas for the tub on the other side to and once I decide I’ll put the build progress on here as well.

1 Like

We have movement , and here we gooo…
Day 1 above ground for both the wedding cake and blue cindy . The wedding cake got stuck in her shell so I had to get that off for her. Theres still a small peice latched on but I got her sucker leaves opened up at least.

Light has been lowered to 30 inches for now. I’ll lower it a little bit every day until we hit 16-18"

Happy late thanksgiving to everyone ! Hope you guys had a good time with some great food and people <3

5 Likes

The last ones I had this happen on, I misted with a spray bottle. The water helped the plant open the shell up more. I have seen some people that use a dropper. I still ended up helping them, the next day, but much less than I would have. They popped the shell 60% overnight. If I would have been more patient, they may have finished out on their own. I’ve seen it in pictures with the guy that used the dropper. It makes me nervous doing surgery on a tiny seedling.

I’ve only had it happen to me twice. This time it was fully stuck in the shell , last time it just hung on one of the leafs and I used a spray bottle it came right off. For this one I used tweezers very carefully . No harm done. Shell fell off completely the next day on it’s own :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re at a week above soil today . I noticed the blue cindy doesnt respond well to early feedings and lower temps (cold front hit and I was away so couldn’t turn the heat on ) and it seemed to stunt her for a few days.

When I was researching this strain there seemed to be a lot of different phenos and I only found 1 actual harvest on a forum so I’m gonna try and get as much information on this strain as possible by the grow experience. I’ve heard a lot of people hate on G13 labs but I’ve never personally grown ANYTHING from them so this is a first .

The wedding cake is more stable to temp fluctuations as she didnt stop growing at all . I’m more excited for this strain then just about any other I’ve grown. When I traveled to CA I tried it for the first time and absolutely loved it . Havent had it in 2 years so I’m pretty stoked .
I hit both the BC and the WC with house and garden roots accelerator gold at .25% strength PHd to 6.4. I’m gonna leave them alone for another week before doing anything else

While I do like the 65w HLG 4k I’m running I’ve noticed slower growth then usual even compared to a few of my first CFL seedlings so I’m gonna leave this in for another 10 days and see if anything changes but if not im throwing in my cheap 200w led (blurple/red) to compare and see how growth goes with that. I’m thinking the low wattage is what’s preventing the faster growth . Thankfully I’m about to cop my flower light either way so this wont be a long endeavour. I’m grabbing a 320w kingbrite LED with uv/ir. Same exact thing as a QB just 1/3rd of the price.

5 Likes

Looks like your only spot watering at the moment ? consider roots will seek out to find spots to allow them to grow and if there happiest place is right at the base of your plant doesn’t give it a reason to go hunting. Also for a small light in a bigger space than it was meant for and being farther away than it should, the plant can only grow so much, and also if its on the cold side of things too.

2 Likes

I appreciate the advice on the watering, I’ll definitely change that. I had the light closer but the low temps made the BC shut down a little so I moved it up to evaluate the issue but I moved it back closer yesterday. I’m sitting at about 16 inches right now. I might move it closer in another day if there is no signs of stress. @Mr.Sparkle

1 Like

So I posted over in the equipment trade looking for a 4inch fan for my 6 and a few seeds for a QB 288 3500k board and got a hit . After talking for a minute getting ready to trade addresses turns out…
He lives 20 minutes away from me. Crazy. Anyways we met up, did the trade and heres what I got

I also ran to a friends house that lived around the area and he hooked me up with some samples
Star cake

Paradise waits

Blue dream

Thinking I might throw a few of those seeds in some water , but I’m gonna smoke on that :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Maybe smoking on the decision was biased, because why not throw more?
Afgani kush

While I’m here, the blue cindy has started its next set of leaves . I threw a little bit of mother earth’s grow amendment as a top dress and added some more soil on top so shes ready to hit that veg stride

The wedding cake. I’m kinda… let down. I know its early and things could change but shes really struggling to get that first set of leaves out. I see them starting but no progress over the past 2 days or so. Since the first cold night I’ve been on top of environmental control. Its stayed between 68-75° day and night , humidity right around 60% , the light is at 16" , steady breeze but not direct. I’ve done all I can but wait.

A few more days under this light and I’ll probably see how they fair under the cheap led.

4 Likes

Alright so the wedding cake first set of true leaves look… mutated. I’m not sure if this was from the shell getting stuck on but I have my doubts on that? Wouldnt that effect the colytedons instead ? So the next option would be genetics right? On the bright side its growing so I dont see this being a permanent issue but it definitely effected the speed of growth . What say you guys?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it just yet. Baby leaves grow fast and often look funny for a day or so.

3 Likes

Yeah no stress here, just gonna watch her do her thing. Thanks man

1 Like

Soon as I seen that floor haha. Nothing to see here just gonna take a shower in my home grown forest.

1 Like

Aye they feel the love that’s for sure hahah

1 Like

The WC mutant leaves are finally starting to look like actual leaves.

The BC has no issues, shes loving the added breeze

Since it’s been a little over 2 weeks, I added some mother earth grow amendment, at around 1/8th strength just to see how they might react to feedings down the line. Also I have this buried treasure seabird guano I used a little of last grow but with q nitrogen level at 12 I’m a little… scared to use it? Lol does anyone have experience with it? When should I start adding it or should I just stick with Mother earth ?

I have another question. These seeds have been in a paper towel for a little over 3 days, and within the first day one started to crack, however since then nothing’s come out but you can see the taproot in the crack. Any ideas? It’s been just like that for 2 days and I’ve never seen anything like it. I usually have either taproot or did seeds.

2 Likes