A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Lol not good. Need a burner for that shit to he effective. Like @Herbie said microionized

2 Likes

I will check that later thanks, I have to go post 30 envelopes of seeds out now before the post office gets really busy.

6 Likes

Doing God’s work

7 Likes

I’m not sure about the conversion rate, shipping, etc, but it is cheap to make sure you have the right stuff.

https://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=2drhdp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvoHwzLDx7gIVph6tBh0iVwoSEAQYAiABEgIz1PD_BwE

Lye/ sodium Hydroxide is used to make hard soap, we want liquid soap. I ended up with lye my first go around, so it happens.

Turtle is the one that turned me onto it.

4 Likes

Yeah I was going to burn some sulphur when I got back from Kelowna, in the flower room, then I will see how bad it smells before doing it in the basement with the veg tent.

3 Likes

Great vid the stuff is super easy to make I wouldnt adulterate JWA by any means if I’m following the previous comments correctly I’ll post the section link here if it’s ok @TrevorLahey

The entire JWA covers about 10 posts in the above thread any other question regarding JWA I’d be happy to help ! Just PM me or what ever is easiest.

4 Likes

I’d suggest a metal paint stirrer in the end if a drill it has more torque when it starts getting to the MAYO stage!

2 Likes

I found this on amazon, they have the prices wrong, the one pound has the 2 pound price and the 2 pound has the one pound price :slight_smile: I am going to check with the nephews girl friend, she may be able to get this free for me.

https://www.amazon.ca/Potassium-Hydroxide-Food-Grade-Pound/dp/B085NG5TRJ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Potassium+Hydroxide&qid=1613588103&sr=8-4

4 Likes

They should sell as is not a bad price IMO!

3 Likes

Also would basically be a lifetime supply of ph up lol

2 Likes

I only need PH down so it would go to waste lol.

1 Like

Lemons…

2 Likes

I buy the 500ml concentrated Safers End All for what 1L of the premixed stuff cost. I add 10ml/L canola oil to really suffocate the bastards and ended a two year war against mites with it. Makes 10L.

Sodium or potassium hydroxide are much the same thing and used by tons of people to make soap. The pot. hydroxide makes a finer soap or something. I got a pound of it a few years ago and use it with Everclear to make the reagent needed to do the Beam’s Test for CBD. 5% solution and you only need a few drops for each test. I made 500mls of it and it may have gone bad. Will have to distill it to get my Everclear back so I can get pissed. :wink:

:peace:

5 Likes

Hey Shadey. This morning the wife saw an ad on the FB Buy&Sell selling grow gear. I ended up scoring a near new 2x4x5’h grow tent, no name 1500W LED cob light, 16L/min 2 speed air pump and a 4" vivosun inline fan for $175. Didn’t really need the air pump but he basically threw it in.

Now I have to figure out a space for the tent. Maybe downstairs outside the grow room but will have to hang some plastic to keep some heat in as it’s only 42F down there now. Could squeeze it into the grow room but would really jamb me up. Maybe the spare bedroom but already too warm with the lights the wife has on for her stuff. I’ll figure something out.

If I get my inheritance someday I’m buying a Ural bike with the side car and making a cross Canada trip. Two wheel drive with an axle to the sidecar wheel that can be switched on and off. Motels for sure!

We should see if we can meet up in Edmonton or something either coming or going. Get together for a coffee at least.

:peace:

6 Likes

I bought 3 of those last year, found them on sale, the mites seem immune to it. I put a leaf with mites on, in a baggie and sprayed it with safers, it took two days to kill them, I think most died from drowning not poisoning :worried:

I would like to try and meet up, it would be on the way back though, wife wants full steam ahead going. I want to take more time coming back, and check out some of the sites and beauty spots.

3 Likes

I’ve found with the End-all and pretty much any of the horticultural soaps it’s not very effective unless you can get it to foam up real good and cover your plants in big white suds.

2 Likes

Do you think if I added some washing up liquid to make it foamy it would work. I wonder if any of the night clubs around here have foam machines, go there with a pot under each arm :joy:

2 Likes

What I do is I mix up a 1L batch but only put in ~250ml into my pump sprayer, then I shake it vigorously to get the spray bottle full of suds, then unscrew the nozzle almost all the way off. Then just pump and spray, giving the bottle a good shake as you do it.

For me at least I can get it throwing out foam pretty good this way.

Another option is to put your mixed soap solution into a plastic bottle and put a piece of sock or panty hose over the opening. Shake it up to make it sudsy and squeeze the bottle and you’ll get great big clouds of foam that you can scoop off and lay on your plants.

6 Likes

Cheers Trevor, you got lots of smarts man :+1:

3 Likes

Just learned the hard lessons early. When I first started growing indoor, I had allllllllll the worst problems happen pretty much right away. Mites, scale, budrot, root rot, mold, herming, fungas gnats, you name it I had it within my first 6 grows. I guess it was a blessing in disguise because of the knowledge I gained from it, but man it tested my resolve to keep going.

7 Likes