A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

thought we wanted potassium hydroxide not sodium?

2 Likes

Yes potassium hydroxide, same stuff as most pH up is made of.

3 Likes

Yes,

To little sleepā€¦zzz

1 Like

I can get PH up thats easy to find to here. What else is required?

3 Likes

wonder if sulfate of pot ash would work adding some sulfur and perhaps helping to kill the bugs?

3 Likes

Walmart has Bronners in cosmetics

4 Likes

It will kill bugs but its best not to add it to anything that will sit on the leaves a while as it will burn holes in them, it will convert to sulphuric acid as it oxidises.

5 Likes

excellent never thought of checking cosmetics, just looked in the soap isle.

4 Likes

yeahā€¦butā€¦sulfur is used microionized and is also an essentialā€¦the quantity required to make soap should be pretty low. Best usage I can see looks as though puttin it on at lights out and washing it off at lights on for a few days in a row works best.

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle has a whole thread on it iirc with info but itā€™s basically just the potassium hydroxide and oil.

This is a decent video guide

4 Likes

I have powdered sulphur I used to just blow it in front of my fan and let it spread around, until holes started appearing in the leaves.

3 Likes

Sulfur fumigation is tried and true results.

5 Likes

Lol not good. Need a burner for that shit to he effective. Like @Herbie said microionized

2 Likes

I will check that later thanks, I have to go post 30 envelopes of seeds out now before the post office gets really busy.

6 Likes

Doing Godā€™s work

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure about the conversion rate, shipping, etc, but it is cheap to make sure you have the right stuff.

https://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=2drhdp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvoHwzLDx7gIVph6tBh0iVwoSEAQYAiABEgIz1PD_BwE

Lye/ sodium Hydroxide is used to make hard soap, we want liquid soap. I ended up with lye my first go around, so it happens.

Turtle is the one that turned me onto it.

4 Likes

Yeah I was going to burn some sulphur when I got back from Kelowna, in the flower room, then I will see how bad it smells before doing it in the basement with the veg tent.

3 Likes

Great vid the stuff is super easy to make I wouldnt adulterate JWA by any means if Iā€™m following the previous comments correctly Iā€™ll post the section link here if itā€™s ok @TrevorLahey

The entire JWA covers about 10 posts in the above thread any other question regarding JWA Iā€™d be happy to help ! Just PM me or what ever is easiest.

4 Likes

Iā€™d suggest a metal paint stirrer in the end if a drill it has more torque when it starts getting to the MAYO stage!

2 Likes

I found this on amazon, they have the prices wrong, the one pound has the 2 pound price and the 2 pound has the one pound price :slight_smile: I am going to check with the nephews girl friend, she may be able to get this free for me.

https://www.amazon.ca/Potassium-Hydroxide-Food-Grade-Pound/dp/B085NG5TRJ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Potassium+Hydroxide&qid=1613588103&sr=8-4

4 Likes