A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

yea now times that by 20 lol and you are on the right track. RiU has been down for over a day or i would link it for ya

4 Likes

Clones are coming along, the 4 largest will be going into the veg tent tomorrow, in the big pots. They will be 3 Hog and GDP. The seedlings are getting bigger, the 3 ISSxBB I cracked earlier in the week and put in soil are a no show. So we will try some more. Temps have climbed this week outside, so I am opening the window more now, to get cooler air in the room.

In the Veg tent temps are remaining at a steady 79F with 50-55% RH. Plants have been growing, and have been trained down again, but they just keep coming back up, They are a bit smaller than I would like, but I am putting the first 4 of them into flower, just to see what I get from them, so I can calculate better what size they need to be the next time.
Definitely less gnats in here this week, not seeing any fly about when I open the tent, the grub grenade is working well, if it keeps up like this, its worth the money compared to all the sticky traps I go through.

In the Flower Room we are at week 9, or 63 days tomorrow. Dragged 3 Hog and 2 GDP out and rough trimmed them leaving the sugar trim on the buds, and cut them down :cry:

The lucky 3 that live for another week, and the CD1 CBD has 3 weeks left. Are 2 Tut and the Blue Heaven which is supposed to run 70 days, but looks done to me, by her trichs. So this week I dropped the temps down to 52F at night, that was the coldest I could get it, didn’t see any changes in colour of the buds, but the trichs built up a bit more.

Group shot of the survivors.

Blue Heaven.

Wonky Leaf Tut and close up.

Normal Leaf Tut and close up.

CD1

The not so lucky, before and after rough trimming. The trimmed pics have my trimmers on the plant to gauge size.

Hog 1

Hog. 2

Pale HOG.

GDP 1 this thing is so wide I had to stand another 3 ft back from it, to get it in the pic lol.

GDP 2 even wider.

Group shot gibbeted. The messy side of the workshop lol.

Hopefully I should average 80 grms a plant dried. In a couple of weeks we shall see.

23 Likes

How many hairs have you lost with those sticky yellow traps? :grin: At least you have “green fingers” that’s for sure, quite impressive job … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks George, they haven’t pulled any hairs out yet.

They are a pain to get them unstuck from your socks though. :wink:

9 Likes

Today I moved 4 pots from the veg tent to the flower room raised the light 3 feet above them and will lower it gradually over the week. The 4 empty pots put back into the veg tent, and planted 3 Hog and 1 GDP in them, and gave them a spinkle of clover, and alfalfa seeds, and they are now vegging nicely.

Put some tea on for the horde and the worms. Table spoon of bat guano 0.12.4, a half cup of neem meal, and some liquidized kelp I got off the beach a couple of weeks ago, blended up and put into ice cube trays and frozen, the rest went in the worm bin, half a cup of ewc, and a half table spoon of humic acid. In 2 gals of water.

I put my 7 Blueberry Cough and 4 Tut cuttings in the cloner with a load of aloe goo on the stems. My back is killing me now, so I will pot up some of the smaller clones tomorrow.

Cuttings in the cloner.

Clones waiting to be potted up.

New clones in their big pots at the back and right side middle, I think these may be too big in 9 weeks.

The 4 newbies in the flower room soaking up the light.

15 Likes

you appear to be outnumbered!

I’ve done that with some of mine. Hesitant about a few though they were meant to be spots to start with. I don’t think I should run those close to the canopy (sometimes I am 2 inches away so far) in such a small cabinet. I did remove the diffusers from some of the smaller ones.

Here is my just completed grow and the lighting is cobbled together from off the shelf parts as well.

Have you run the 100W equivalent Cree BR30 spot led’s without a diffuser? If so how close?

Tent is looking good! I hope to add another, taller cabinet for flowering and justveg in the current one. but it is what it is

Hey there I figured out how to shout!!! :slight_smile:

add three minus signs on the next line

5 Likes

I am always out numbered lol, the cat has started trying to follow us for a walk now.

I have never used the cree tech. I have a few 28w full spec bulbs I use as well as the cheap dollar store LED’s. I would not put them that close, I moved some plants in my clone cab, close to a light, while doing stuff, and forgot to move them back, they got burned bad. luckily they were mother plants, and had time to recover.

I tried that fridge curing, You need a seperate fridge it stank the whole house out every time you opened the fridge and by the end of the week anything in the fridge with oil or fat in it tasted and smelled like lemon weed.

6 Likes

Yup. Might as well flower without a carbon filter at that point it stinks your food. Your clothes. But Imma tell ya. Can’t beat it for a good product. Perfect would be 50% RH and 40 F for about a week. I wound up taking the big water leaves when they were dry…let the buds dry more.

2 Likes

Fuggin sweet Shadey…I am in the middle of building a bed, right now. Thanks for sharing this.

Regards,

K.

3 Likes

Put some more Sebs Revenge CBD seeds in 2 days ago 3 have roots and will go into peat pucks today 3 more have cracked today so looking good there.

Took down the Blue Heaven today, gave it a rough trim, it has a lot of trichs on the leaves. The first time I have grown this strain, its not a heavy feeder, and got burned up bad just after the stretch. The next ones get no extras, and we will see how that goes.

Before and after pics.

Got 77G and 80G dried off the 2 GDP. More trim jail later tonight, when I start on the 3 Hog.

13 Likes

Nice haircut :grin:, do you use the trimmed leaves as mulching? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yeah, anything that comes off with the rough trim, is mulch, anything that comes off the final trim, goes to making oil.

The buds on this are really dense and heavy, I had another sneaky popcorn bud sample last night. I can’t wait for it to dry and cure properly, it’s good now, it might not make it another 3-4 weeks lol.

7 Likes

Looks yummy that bro :drooling_face: I do plan on trying the soil properly at some point myself so I’ll be coming for tips and tricks at some point shadey :100::+1:

6 Likes

Its definitely yummy, to yummy for its own good and mine lol.

Yeh any questions you got on things you think I can help with don’t hesitate to ask man.,

5 Likes

This week we have one of Sebs Revenge above ground, making 2 in total, 2 more in peat pucks, and 5 more still waiting to crack. Getting about 50% germ rate on these. No roots on the cuttings in the cloner, this week, normally happens in week 2. There will be more of these clones going into big pots, once I replace the Tuts that came down today, and the BH that came down 3 days ago, I think. Not sure yet which ones I will choose, probably the Tut and BH and Sebs Revenge. Get those up and growing fast for cuttings.

Veg tent is going well, haven’t seen a Fungus gnat all week, I wish I had got that Grub Grenade earlier, those mites are kicking gnat ass, its so nice not seeing any of the little feckers flying about.

These next ones leaving for the flower room are, 3 GDP and 2 BH, should be pretty big by the time they finish stretching, bigger than what has just gone in the flower room. So I should get to gauge the veg time better doing this LST training. The ones following will probably be twice the size of these, as they have 2 months of vegging to go. I think that will be a problem lol, unless I keep the plant numbers down, or get a bigger veg tent. The ones leaving have only been in here 6 weeks, and the ones at the back 1 week.
Temps have been 76-80F days and 60-65 FF nights. Rh between 45%-60%.

Here we are week 1 for the newbies, and week 10 for the TUT, and the CD1 CBD at 8 weeks still needs a couple of weeks, as its the Sativa pheno, less bud but stronger effect. Its not a good producer unless in a scrog, I have grown it in a vertical scrog 2 winters ago, and it was really good. That’s why I have the netting up around the sides of my veg tent.

This week I turned up the temps in here, we are back to 78F days 68F nights, with RH 35%-50%. No gnats seen in here either.

Newbies

Oldies

CD1 CBD struggling to keep upright.

Close up of the bud on the CD1 very trichy plant loads of resin, great for making oil.

Pics of the recently departed

Normal Leaf Tut.
Before.

After, with beer can for size comparison. Nice to have a beer while trimming on a warm day :slight_smile:

Wonky Leaf Tut, I wish I kept a cutting from the wonky side of the plant. Its a better producer than its normal twin sister.

After Trimming, nice big sticky buds mmmmm.

Close ups

May take a little longer for these top colas to dry out being so thick.

Got 405G dry bud from the 3 Hog, and 2 GDP, so I am just over my 80G per plant average I wanted, the BH will be light, but the TUT will certainly make up for it :slight_smile: hoping for 100G + from each of them.

22 Likes

Good looking buds and very nice yields. Do you use topping and LST vegging up?

4 Likes

I have just started doing the LST and topping, The ones that have just gone in the flower room the last weeks have been, just experimenting atm to see how much I need to top and bend. 2 of the GDP that have just gone in must have about 30-40 tops already :slight_smile: and I just topped half of those tops again, lmao, it should be interesting when they hit the stretch. Going to get a bit cramped in there. Going to whittle the plant numbers down over the next couple of flowerings, to 3 at a time in 10 gal pots, provided the yields are better than non LST and topping.

This last lot that was flowered out, just had a couple of toppings done, the GDP were re veg’s which is why they were all over the place.

7 Likes

Just dropped in to my local garden centre, to get some super soil that they had last year. I wanted to try as its only $7 for a 60 litre bag, organic, and PH buffered 3.3.3. My daughter used it all up on her veggies, last year, instead of the bags I got for her. :persevere: I went back the next week, and they sold out and were not getting anymore until now. I will be testing it outside with 4 of Sebrings Revenge CBD plants as soon as its warm enough.

They also had praying mantis cocoons for sale, $25 a cocoon, with several babies in it. Cool looking critters. Don’t need them now, the mites are doing a great job.

9 Likes

Those are serial killers … :grin::+1:

5 Likes

The 2 Sebs Revenge are doing good, one has been put in a party cup the other will follow today probably. The numbers are dwindling, but I have 2 months before I need anymore at the moment, although the ones in the Tut and BB Cough in the cloner are now all producing roots except 2 of the BBC. I used some of the new Super soil to pot them up, looks like its a bit hot as the ones I put in the veg tent to get some extra light are getting a bit of tip burn. The Sebs Rev that hatched a couple of weeks ago is now in a 10 gal pot and doing well. I topped it and its just splitting into 2 main stems now. I took the towel off the top of the humidity dome as some of the clones were getting pale due to the low light.

In the veg tent things are picking up speed. These have between 8 and 9 weeks left of veg in the 10gal pots, I think I will cut my numbers to 6 plants in flower in 2 groups of 3 now. The veg tent wont be able to handle that either the way they are growing. Sebs Rev is middle back with a Hog either side in the next 3 10 gal pots we have a GDP and 2 more Hog, the 2 small ones at the front are a BBC and Tut on the left. there is also a island sweet skunk X blue berry, in the party cup, hidden in the front left, 10 gal pot, I need to get a cutting when its big enough to sex it in the flower room hoping its a girly.

Ok week 2 over for the first 5 and week 1 over for the next 4, this is going to get confusing lol. The first 5 are going well atm except for one of the Blue Heaven and the blueberry cough, I topped all these about 4 days before putting them into flower, which has caused it them to not have any flower development so far. I am constantly bending the tops back down on all of them and I am hoping that the stretch will produce some nice big colas, the node spacing is still tight on them atm. I am thinning out leaves here and there that are blocking light from bud sites as well. The last 4 in are just getting some white pistils being thrown out here and there

Group shot

Front left is Blue Heaven same for the one on the right next to it you can just see. Back left is a Tut with a Hog to its right with a few branches of the BBC top right corner.

Last 4 3 GDP and another blue Heaven back right. These GDP are going to get massive in the stretch lol, I hope I have enough room.

The CD1 got chopped yesterday, it was ready 2 weeks ago but I wanted to give it as much time as possible, being a sativa. Not big buds but very sticky.

To finish a pic of 95% of my harvest all jarred up and curing, still have the CD1 to do when its dry.

28 Likes