A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

When I sit in my lazy boy chair next to that couch, they all want to sit on me at the same time, Zeus thinks he is the same size as Izzy lol. He lays half on the couch and half on my lap with the cat on my chest and Izzy between my legs, lol.

7 Likes

I know how you feel :smiley::+1:, they give you back much more than they take, specially after all those years together … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I turned the heater off in the Flower room yesterday, so the plants could get chilled the next 3 nights, it has been around +3C the last week at night, but last night it dropped to -5C. Typical lol. luckily it didn’t drop below 52C in there with the residual heat. I was surprised the heat remained in the room that long, I must have done a good job insulating it.

Just had a sneaky test of the Blue heaven I am growing, just a small popcorn bud from the bottom, very surprised at how nice it is, even tastes good for a 3 day dry. Nice buzz as well, going to enjoy this one. I have 3 more in the next run :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking at the pics from a few days ago, you’ve quite a few about ready. Shouldn’t you be reporting to trim jail soon? Looks like sticky scissor time.

6 Likes

I am on the run, bounty hunters chasing my arse lol.

Yeah there will be 5 coming down tomorrow, the rest will be the following weekend. I am sharpening up the machetes for execution atm. I will take the 2 GDP, and 3 Hog first.

Probably dry them in my workshop.

As I sit here typing I am being watched relentlessly, by my two guards who want to go for a walk.

19 Likes

CFLs, LEDs and HiD…
seems like you got em all covered lol. nice thread

3 Likes

Thanks for dropping in and taking a peek at my grow Outlier.

I think you are mistaking my home made LED’s for CFLs, They have the diffuser part of the bulb removed, so they are basically a cob light and the HID are HPS for flowering.

LED with the cover off and some black liquid electrical tape painted on the live bits. I was tired of getting shocked every time I put my arm under the lights lol.

9 Likes

oh damn i was mistaken :smile:
they certaainly looked like the CFL fixtures i see ppl DIY, with some amazing success i may add. this one dude on RiU made one with like 100 cfls lol it was dope af tbh and his plants looked amazing. he was using them the same way ppl use the samsung strips just with daisy chained fixtures on a wooden frame

4 Likes

You mean like these I made. They work well.

13 Likes

yea now times that by 20 lol and you are on the right track. RiU has been down for over a day or i would link it for ya

4 Likes

Clones are coming along, the 4 largest will be going into the veg tent tomorrow, in the big pots. They will be 3 Hog and GDP. The seedlings are getting bigger, the 3 ISSxBB I cracked earlier in the week and put in soil are a no show. So we will try some more. Temps have climbed this week outside, so I am opening the window more now, to get cooler air in the room.

In the Veg tent temps are remaining at a steady 79F with 50-55% RH. Plants have been growing, and have been trained down again, but they just keep coming back up, They are a bit smaller than I would like, but I am putting the first 4 of them into flower, just to see what I get from them, so I can calculate better what size they need to be the next time.
Definitely less gnats in here this week, not seeing any fly about when I open the tent, the grub grenade is working well, if it keeps up like this, its worth the money compared to all the sticky traps I go through.

In the Flower Room we are at week 9, or 63 days tomorrow. Dragged 3 Hog and 2 GDP out and rough trimmed them leaving the sugar trim on the buds, and cut them down :cry:

The lucky 3 that live for another week, and the CD1 CBD has 3 weeks left. Are 2 Tut and the Blue Heaven which is supposed to run 70 days, but looks done to me, by her trichs. So this week I dropped the temps down to 52F at night, that was the coldest I could get it, didn’t see any changes in colour of the buds, but the trichs built up a bit more.

Group shot of the survivors.

Blue Heaven.

Wonky Leaf Tut and close up.

Normal Leaf Tut and close up.

CD1

The not so lucky, before and after rough trimming. The trimmed pics have my trimmers on the plant to gauge size.

Hog 1

Hog. 2

Pale HOG.

GDP 1 this thing is so wide I had to stand another 3 ft back from it, to get it in the pic lol.

GDP 2 even wider.

Group shot gibbeted. The messy side of the workshop lol.

Hopefully I should average 80 grms a plant dried. In a couple of weeks we shall see.

23 Likes

How many hairs have you lost with those sticky yellow traps? :grin: At least you have “green fingers” that’s for sure, quite impressive job … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks George, they haven’t pulled any hairs out yet.

They are a pain to get them unstuck from your socks though. :wink:

9 Likes

Today I moved 4 pots from the veg tent to the flower room raised the light 3 feet above them and will lower it gradually over the week. The 4 empty pots put back into the veg tent, and planted 3 Hog and 1 GDP in them, and gave them a spinkle of clover, and alfalfa seeds, and they are now vegging nicely.

Put some tea on for the horde and the worms. Table spoon of bat guano 0.12.4, a half cup of neem meal, and some liquidized kelp I got off the beach a couple of weeks ago, blended up and put into ice cube trays and frozen, the rest went in the worm bin, half a cup of ewc, and a half table spoon of humic acid. In 2 gals of water.

I put my 7 Blueberry Cough and 4 Tut cuttings in the cloner with a load of aloe goo on the stems. My back is killing me now, so I will pot up some of the smaller clones tomorrow.

Cuttings in the cloner.

Clones waiting to be potted up.

New clones in their big pots at the back and right side middle, I think these may be too big in 9 weeks.

The 4 newbies in the flower room soaking up the light.

15 Likes

you appear to be outnumbered!

I’ve done that with some of mine. Hesitant about a few though they were meant to be spots to start with. I don’t think I should run those close to the canopy (sometimes I am 2 inches away so far) in such a small cabinet. I did remove the diffusers from some of the smaller ones.

Here is my just completed grow and the lighting is cobbled together from off the shelf parts as well.

Have you run the 100W equivalent Cree BR30 spot led’s without a diffuser? If so how close?

Tent is looking good! I hope to add another, taller cabinet for flowering and justveg in the current one. but it is what it is

Hey there I figured out how to shout!!! :slight_smile:

add three minus signs on the next line

5 Likes

I am always out numbered lol, the cat has started trying to follow us for a walk now.

I have never used the cree tech. I have a few 28w full spec bulbs I use as well as the cheap dollar store LED’s. I would not put them that close, I moved some plants in my clone cab, close to a light, while doing stuff, and forgot to move them back, they got burned bad. luckily they were mother plants, and had time to recover.

I tried that fridge curing, You need a seperate fridge it stank the whole house out every time you opened the fridge and by the end of the week anything in the fridge with oil or fat in it tasted and smelled like lemon weed.

6 Likes

Yup. Might as well flower without a carbon filter at that point it stinks your food. Your clothes. But Imma tell ya. Can’t beat it for a good product. Perfect would be 50% RH and 40 F for about a week. I wound up taking the big water leaves when they were dry…let the buds dry more.

2 Likes

Fuggin sweet Shadey…I am in the middle of building a bed, right now. Thanks for sharing this.

Regards,

K.

3 Likes

Put some more Sebs Revenge CBD seeds in 2 days ago 3 have roots and will go into peat pucks today 3 more have cracked today so looking good there.

Took down the Blue Heaven today, gave it a rough trim, it has a lot of trichs on the leaves. The first time I have grown this strain, its not a heavy feeder, and got burned up bad just after the stretch. The next ones get no extras, and we will see how that goes.

Before and after pics.

Got 77G and 80G dried off the 2 GDP. More trim jail later tonight, when I start on the 3 Hog.

13 Likes

Nice haircut :grin:, do you use the trimmed leaves as mulching? :sunglasses:

5 Likes