A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Well this was 10 or so years ago, when I was last growing. Led’s and auto’s have came a looooooong way since then.

4 Likes

I have a feeling @ganjajuana uses Platinum LEDs or was it Kind. I know other growers, not on here, who use them to great effect.

Interested to see how well they work for you, I seriously need to reduce my power consumption, problem is in winter I would have to heat the flower room as well, using LEDs, so I may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and run the HPS then, but it would be nice to swap to LEDs for the summer.

5 Likes

I looked at platinum LEDs before I dived into my SK. Definitely a top market product be interesting to see how it does too so I’ll be watching your thread when it’s up @HaRdRoC

And depends what LEDs you’d run and your ambient temps in winter @Shadey I’ve not ran my SK during winter yet I upgraded from HPS around January this year but with the temps it’s given me on my first journal around March April time but I’m assuming/hoping an praying I’ll be able to run it with minimal extractior fans throughout winter :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

I was looking at KIND led’s, but then I started watching all the youtube vids on the par and spectrum of these lights and I was hooked on 'em. 2 things I liked about the KIND was 1, you can program sun rise and sun sets, and 2, it has a remote. But…it looks like quite a pain in the ass to dial in and change the settings. So I went with the best par and simple plug and play.

I do have a journal that I started, HaRdRoC’s Perpetual, just got some music vids, what my plans are and a couple auto’s I chucked outdoors for shits and giggles.

2 Likes

No… doesnt really matter what LEDs I used, when its -25C out there unless its a fucking lot of them lol.

4 Likes

Yehhh that’s just tad lower than we get here in England :rofl: you have to add more bulbs in winter for temp? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yes I have 2 - Advanced Platinum P450. I got the first one 2 years ago and the second one 1-1/2 years ago. They replaced HPS 1000 and HPS 600. I get the same if not better yield and WAY more frosty plants from dropping my temps about 10-15f. I did lots of research and read lots of reviews before buying. Five year warranty and 100,000 life sold me over the cheaper lights. I paid $539 for first P450 and the second was $499. Both were new from Amazon. No issues at all so far. Never go back to HID. YMMV

8 Likes

Here’s one of my leds I put to work on the clones and re-veggers clones. I love those amare lights

12 Likes

Built a new worm bin this week, haven’t done much else other than water and pot up the 3 C99 X Doc holiday seedlings. Emptied the soil from the unused pots into the worm bin.

Temps have been nice this week sitting around 24-26C feeling like 30-32C with the humidex so its not taxing the aircon too much, wait and see what August brings.

Clone cab doing good all seedlings growing well especially the C99XDoc Hol thgey some support sticks as I did not put them down near the bottom of the solo cups and filled up as they grew. Just have to do it when they go into the 2 liter pots.
Clones and mothers doing well They are going to need a trim up soon. starting to get leggy.

3 C99 X Doc Hol the one at the back I remembered to put lower down it was an inch shorter that the others but its now only just over the rim. The peat pucks on the other 2 are just under the surface.

The 2 Big Bang sitting on the empty cloner to get them closer to the light. I tossed everything that was in the cloner as the ISSXBB were hermies and I had enough Tut and GDP for my buddy, once he harvests.

The veg tent is looking empty this week as I removed the pots without plants in.

\The 2 Blue Heaven still looking ruff, but getting better, they have had no water and lots of LITFA for a week now and the leaves are starting to green up a bit.

The Tut doing a bit better most of its leaves are horizontal instead of drooping down.

The girl and boy C99 X GHP doing ok, just wondering whether to bend it like Beckham lol, or let it go, all branches were topped last week, so its not done much growing this week, should start to take off again shortly. Might take some cuttings off the boy he is a keeper prefer his shape and size over the female so he should be a good choice for genetics structure wise.

Lastly we have the 4 ReikioX autos outside they got a little top dressing yesterday of high P bat guano, P bone meal, sulphur and Malted barley powder as they are now budding up nicely. A couple have been badly mauled by some bug or another :frowning: but are gaining size well.

The smallest and most chewed.

Next largest, these are younger than the last and biggest 2.

Next and second biggest.

This is the biggest somewhere around 20 inches atm I would say.

A pics of the worm bin for soil rejuvenation. 44 Inches by 24 inches high. Still got to add some pallets to the sides for winter insulation.

14 Likes

I got my Stroopwaffle biscuit thing and Chem OG seed by Female Seeds today, and a Vault Tshirt. I have 2 Vault Tshirts now :slight_smile: I wish they were a darker colour, I cant wear white for long, without it getting covered in filthy finger prints lol.

11 Likes

I used to have a shit tonne of attitude tee’s and mugs lol.
Dirty finger prints…just one of the hazards of always playing in the dirt eh??? lol

5 Likes

Looking awesome there Shadey… That girl in your last pics, are niice…

K.

3 Likes

If you mean the autos, its growing well, it added another 4 inches to her height since Sunday, hoping she will get more size on her, coming up 35 days this Friday since they went outside. I think they are around 65-70 days so halfway there. Not sure if autos carry on stretching as they flower until the end, or stop when they really start to bud up. I am going to make some of that fungal tea you put up, for them, and the ones I have in the flower room.

edit… just made some of the base up see how it develops until the weekend.

7 Likes

Yup, white tshirts are unflattering, especially when they are too small. lol

2 Likes

Like photos, once you see pistils forming they will continue to grow during the stretch (usually a week or two). They will then transition to heavy budding, this is when you would switch to flowering nutrients if you were running hydro.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks ReikioX, my top dress amendments should kick in just about right, for the 2 large ones, and a bit earlier for the smaller ones, which have really jumped in height, when I went out and gave them some tea for breakfast this morning, they really surprised me lol.

6 Likes

I got some dam thrips in my mother clone Cab, just found a leaf with some damage, and after a quick look see, I found a little fecker hiding. I guess I will have to start a cleanse of the cab and plants. PITA

4 Likes

Ewwwwww thrips…sorry to hear man, hope you wipe 'em out.

3 Likes

Had them last year as well on 3 plants, found them about a week before I was going to flip them. Threw my schedule out 2 weeks lol.

I will give the Cabinet a good clean out and wash and check them, then give them a good dusting of cinnamon powder, they hate the smell as much as I do lol. Cinnamon gets a real funky smell in a hot grow room.

5 Likes

Really? Did not know that!!! Coodos, good sir.

2 Likes