A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

I saw some minor thrip damage too. Going to spray spinosad before it gets to be a problem.

3 Likes

As they are clones and mothers, I am thinking I will give them a spray down with safers end all, as well, that will take care of any eggs on the plants.

5 Likes

Weekly Update.
Well I cleaned out the clone mother cabinet and sprayed all the plants down with safers end all, Then dusted with cinnamon powder not seeing anything atm. Hopefully they are sorted I may give them another spray down mid week and dust again.

New seedlings and a couple of my clones for a buddy. One of the C99X Doc Holiday has what looks like either light burn or P deficiency, it was close to the light bulb the other day, which is why I moved them on top of the cloner. They are starting to overtake the Big Bang seedlings that are a week to 10 days older.

Mothers, smelling like doughnuts lol. Apart from the thrips its going OK in here.

In the veg tent things are getting better, The 3 plants thet were roughly transplanted and then over watered are just about back to normal now. I will remove the damaged leaves that were affected and see if anything gets worse this week, but I think they are on the mend.

The female C99XGHP is growing fast, I bent one top branch Ok on Tuesday but the other one cracked, so I am supporting it atm with wire, just in case, but it looks good so far. If it was damaged to much I think it would be dying off by now. I am still not sure when I want to flip this but it needs it sooner than later, from Painted Fires instructions for stretch. It has about 10 good tops on it atm.

The small Blue Heaven most of its leaves back to normal they got watered with some Labs on Wednesday so thats almost 2 weeks without it.

The Tut in the corner looking a bit hungry still but picking up, I might give it a sprinkle of Jobes 3.7.4 organic ferts to help her along a bit faster.

The other Blue Heaven almost back to normal another week they should be good.

In the Flower room the 3 GDP should be finished but are not. I went in to take some pics before lights on and found a couple of light leaks, from some duct tape that had come unstuck around the door. :confounded: So that’s been sorted, might have been the cause for the ISSXBB throwing balls out, although Lab Rat said, one of the ISSXBB seed phenos, we have, according to the breeder, has a hermie trait, but wasn’t sure which one it was, so its probably that one.

The 3 GDP still throwing out new pistils and getting bigger at 9 weeks, I guess they might get a couple more we will see. damn lights came on just as I was about to take the pic.

HOG and Sebs Rev looking very splendid, they are both still stretching atm this is the end of week 3 for them

The HOG. I am constantly taking leaves off this one atm, there are some new branches lower down I need to trim off as well. Since I have upped the silica, its very difficult now to trim leaves and small branches with my thumb nail. They are no longer soft and pinch able.

The Sebs Rev. If they go the same was as Lab Rats they should produce some spectacular colas, with all these tops.

Last but not least, ReikioX Fam pack autos. They have all shot up this week, especially the 2 smaller ones. The two big ones are slowing down on their stretch and are about 28 and 26 inches atm. Big Girl doing well, a bit of damage on the leaves but the buds are starting to swell.

The next biggest only a couple of inches behind. She has a bit of damage as well, pulled a caterpillar of it yesterday.

3rd biggest, she is getting beat up bad, I had to remove 2 leaves off her as they had some kind of cocoon on their under sides. Every leaf has holes and has been chewed up, poor thing. She has a lower branch with 2 buds that have gone black. As I dont know the strain and what its should look like I have left it but will probably remove it soon the rest of the buds, look nothing like it.

This is one of her lower branches, the buds in the middle of the pic don’t look good, you may need to enlarge to see it properly.

The smallest one which is a week younger than the rest has almost caught up. I had to take a couple of leaves of this one as well. She is just starting to bud up now.

16 Likes

Man you got a lot on the go. I’m having enough problems keeping my stuff on track. I watered the Sebs last night just after the light came on but didn’t give them any of the Mega Crop. Gave them some Epsom, K, CalMag and some carbs and watered in from the top. It’s weird but they go through water much faster than the ISSxBB tho the ISS has such huge leaves in comparison. Conversely the Sebs have 4x the leaves tho much smaller.

I doubt I’m going to see spectacular colas but sure a lot more than those GoldFish CBD plants, The calyxes are really tiny compared to the regular plants so hoping they fatten up by the end or the buds will be very loose and airy. That’s OK it there’s lots of them!

Peas are coming in fast in the wife’s grow now. She picks and I shell most times. About a 4gal pail today and many more to come. She had to harvest all her onions and garlic as they got some sort of fly laid eggs everywhere and their maggots eat the bulbs.

Turned out that aluminum wire isn’t aluminum after all. I put a piece into some of the nitric acid yesterday and today it’s gone. I cut a cm wide strip from an aluminum catch tray that sits on the bottom of the oven and folded it twice to make something that will work like the wire should have. Chucked a piece of it in the acid yesterday and it’s fine so I’m good to go. Will do it outside as that acid gives off some nasty NOx fumes.

When I first put the wire in it turned a bright green and the wire fizzed and fell apart into tiny pieces. Then by today it had gone Tidy Bowl blue. Puzzles me as to what the wire is made of. Being silver and non-magnetic I assumed it had to be aluminum but obviously it’s not or it wouldn’t have reacted with the nitric acid.

:peace:

7 Likes

When I did metal finishing, and plating, there was stuff called die cast, which was a combination of Ali and something else like zink or tin.

When ever someone tried to plate this stuff it’s just dissolved.

3 Likes

Die cast is Al and Zn and used to make die cast objects by forcing molten metal into a mold.

Made the silver nitrate and it was easy-peasy. From my 8g coin I should have close to 12g of AgNO3. Small bit of coin left and that’s good as it tells me the acid was all used up in the reaction. Just have to let it dry out then I can weigh it and see what I got.

Don’t breathe that shit! No visible reaction to the acid until it started heating up then it went fast. Maybe 10 min total. I only used about 10ml and added maybe 1 more near the end. I should have measured the exact amount of acid used for next time.

All done.

When that die cast stuff dissolved did it bubble a lot? The Zn in it would react to any acid in the plating sol’n. Would give off hydrogen gas.

:peace:

3 Likes

Yeah it bubbled all right like it was boiling, and it always stunk in the plating shop, from the acids.

Not a healthy atmosphere to work in, lots of ammonia and other crap stuff, cadnium plating was allowed back then.

Your beaker looks a right off, I hope it cleans up.

1 Like

Well I checked on my fungus production for flowering teas, as I forgot about it, but it’s looking good. So I took half of it and put in 8 litres of rain water and a bubbler, with a teaspoon of molasses, for the next 3 days then it will get fed to the flower plants. Some nice thick blue coloured lumps forming in it. I put some sticks in it as Tinytuttle recommended, and they have a nice covering on their undersides, I will stick them in the worm bin in a couple more days, boost my fungus in there as well.

I have been on Amazon and Ebay looking at these 7 bulb light holders, I was thinking of getting 5, but then saw that the cheapo chinese LEDS have dropped in price 50-60%, since I bought one 2 years ago. They claim 1000-2000 and even 3000w equivalents yet the voltage is all the same lmao @ 240 -250 watts each. Some don’t list their true watts consumption from the wall anymore, probably as most people have learned how to calculate close to true wattage equivalents from the wall consumption amount which I consider being double and a bit so 240w would be 500-600w equivalent.

The footprints on these are small though compared to spacing out the 7 bulb holders around the tent, so still thinking how I can run more LEDs and cut my costs shutting down the HPS lights.

10 Likes

Yip , you sure got alot going on. I’m surprised to see the Hog still stretching. Hope you get ahold on them bugs broski. Flower room looks dandy man.

3 Likes

Cheers man, I am really pleased with the Hog and Sebs rev, I don’t think I would like them bigger in circumference, they are about max for the light, they can go up as much as they like though. I think the light leak I found Sunday morning, has contributed to a prolonged stretch and the GDP taking longer to finish. It must have had the light leak since halfway through the last batch, as they were still throwing out new pistils even though the trichs were mostly milky.

I think I will veg and flower out in the workshop, I can’t see me getting the veg tent light proofed enough, inside. If I run LEDs out here I might get away without using the aircon.

7 Likes

I have a 2000w bestva bro. I love it. People talked about it on the sites like I was scum for having it. For 200 bucks it’s rated for 10000 hrs. If it kicks for a year it’s done it’s job. My buddy had to admit. It’s one of the better cheaper. @rooted would probably tell you it’s dexent for a 4x4 probably perfect for a 3x3. Just my penny. Here’s a bud pic from that side. You’re right it draws 400 at the wall tho.

7 Likes

Looks good man, yeh there is a lot of snobbery in growing lol. If it works use it I say, doesn’t matter what the label says. the problem I have is the foot print is usually small for these lights as they all come on a 10x12 board or there a bouts.

6 Likes

Today I took down the small GDP, not quite ready still after 10 weeks, my fault with the light leak, but I am not wasting any more electric on it. It got its mulch trim, and is hung on the running machine to dry now.

Pre trim.

Close up still chucking out new pistils.

After a bad rough trim and chop. I couldn’t be bothered to do it properly.

The C99XGHP now under the 600W HPS until my LED 7 bulb splitters arrive. I have ordered 8 to start and we will see how that goes. I had to raise the HPS light another 20 inches, so the other 2 large GDP will get less light intensity, until they are done soon, I hope. According to Painted Fire, this could stretch to 3 times its height. I hope not lol, I moved it in today as its grown 5 inches this week, and I cant afford it getting too tall in veg.

13 Likes

Yeah I should be been a little more in depth. They are on a board like you said. They have a piece of glass vented and they’re stout. I’m a tinkerer at heart so I’ll be building the next one unless a spider x or a hlg 550 drops in my lap.

Really a 2x2 would rock with this lil light. It’s surprisingly good for leds. I never thought Xmas lights would be growing pot. Leds are the shit. I really want 10 sol strips with dimmable drivers. I’ll get there. I decided to save about a grand for a light build. Have a good one Shade.

5 Likes

Sometimes I think is better just to grab it rather than the let it keep going and who knows it might start getting Bud rot. I think sitting too long with dense buds I think you did the right thing. Hate to see you put all that work in and have something bad happen to it rather than taking it now and having some meds you know are going to be good. Everything looks good though

5 Likes

GDP looks like you still got plenty out of it. And now you got more room and some good looking smoke so its win-win. Good shit man!

5 Likes

Too much lol, I have about 8 X 1 liter mason jars stuffed to the gunnels and 2 large freezer bags, as I have ran out of mason Jars, and have 2 more big GDP to go should get another 4-5 ounces off them each.

7 Likes

I’m puffing on some GDP as we speak that looks nowhere near as good as yours lol

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Looks can be deceiving though lol. Its a nice buzz off the GDP not complete couch lock but good for my pain and sleep. Its a favourite of mine and my friends.

Well the cheapest bulbs I can find atm are from Costco, a pack of 40 X 5000K 9w actual, 60w equivalents @ 750 LMs for $69.98 or $1.75 a pop.

Unless I can find cheaper, I will get a pack of those and run 5 splitters over a 4x5 ft area for a total of 450w actual @ 26250 lm which doesn’t sound much compared to the HPS producing 90,000lm @ 600w. Perhaps there is a lot of wasted lm with the HPS. I guess we will see lol.

5 Likes

Some manufacturers do some crazy shit like mount their diodes on breakouts to the side instead of straight down so I’d wanna be sure of what was under the shell of them before I pulled the trigger on a large pack

6 Likes