A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Yes they do, big time lol.

Apart from the seedlig that got broken by the fan, the other 2 are doing well, with sebrings revenge starting its fourth node, and the ISSXBB getting its first set of leaves. Not sure any of the others are going to hatch they went in the soil on Tuesday.

Clones are getting some training early I want to get a bank of plants up and running prior to going into the veg tent the training seems to slow them down a bit in growth. Temps and RH remaining stable in here.

I am experimenting with different types of wire and ties at the moment. A Hog being pulled over and all the lower branches are now taking off and growing well.

Blue Heaven getting some as well.

Veg Tent is going OK they are starting to pick up but not fast enough. I am keeping the first four plants that were going in the flower room, back another week, possibly 2, they are not big enough, and I dont want to waste them, putting them in before they are ready, just to try and keep to a time schedule.
I raised the temps in here to 80F from 78F just to see if it would speed up growth. humidity has been up and down a bit this week with the weather but remaining below 60%.

Group shot.

Hog starting to stretch out those branches they will get pulled down again this week.

King Tut is expanding well. thats going to get pulled down more as well.

Blueberry Cough doing the same, seems to be happier this week.

Picture of my sticky traps, there are 18 in the tent and they are all looking the same as these after 1 week. I hate fungus gnats.

Flower plants still staking on the weight with 3 weeks to go at 42 days now. Some are still chucking out white pistils, mainly the TUT and Hog. I will start to drop the night time temps a bit this week, hopefully get them a bit frostier, and maybe some color in those buds. Thought I would take some pics with the lights off.

Group shot of the flower plants.

The Pale Hog, now out budding the other 2, pic is a bit bleached out I need a decent camera.

The 2 other Hog.

Normal leaf Tut.

GDP close up, starting to frost up now.

Back GDP.

Blue Heaven and Tut at the back.

Close up Blue Heaven cant wait to try this one its a new strain for me.

Close up Wonky leaf Tut. Starting to get some amber pistils on her.

19 Likes

things are budding up nicely. i guess we are on about the same schedule.
those tuts look to be filling in nicely.time to start the outdoor ones.are you putting any out this year?

2 Likes

Hi man, yeah, they are, hoping they are going to get a lot bigger as well :yum:

I am thinking about it, might put some the new CBD strain out there, once it’s big enough to take clones and get them up and running. I was thinking of getting some 60 litre super soil bags and just cutting the top of the bag off, put a few holes in the bottom for drainage.

3 Likes

We have all had our fights with fungus gnats. Some suggestions are nematodes, Strateo S. Mites, and/or put a 2 inch layer of playground sand over the top of the soil.

6 Likes

Yeh I will be getting some nematodes as soon as it gets above 0c at night. The last lot I ordered froze in the post and died.

Strateo mites sound good, I will look them up, I have a cover crop on my plants so dont want to use sand or gnat nix. I also use gnat dunk in the water, supposed to stop them eating and breeding like neem oil does, but I think they are immune to it lol.

5 Likes

Just ordered some Stratiolaelaps scimitus off amazon. They dont mind the cold like nematodes do, thanks for the info Rekio, I forgot about these as I couldn’t find anywhere in Canada to buy them, without a big shipping fee, when I looked over a year ago. I should have some here bye Wednesday. I cant wait to destroy those gnat larvae, those mites will get very fat lol.

10 Likes

Yeah, they will take care of the larva. Keep up with the sticky traps to take care of the adults.

7 Likes

Another week gone, life is flashing by, cant believe we are nearly a quarter the way through the year already.

7 inches of snow last Monday and today we are at 17C in the shade today, 2 days a go, I walked the dog in the morning and had to take off the hoodie, and T shirt, it was nice and warm with no wind, @ +1C lol. Surprising how we get used to different climates.

Just checked the temps in the FR and they are 75F I think once the temps hit 18C as a constant, I will have to put the AC on, hoping to get another 6 weeks before that, all helps with the electric bill.

Clones doing well, still only 1 Sebrings Revenge going, nothing appeared from the last 3 sown, so pissed the other one got snapped, but hoping they will pop up, put 3 more ISSXBB in and have 1 cracked as the other 3 only developed 1 seedling, which is doing well but don’t know the sex yet, the last lot I did, produced 3 males out of 5 plants.
The training on the 3 Hog and 1GDP is going well despite the low light in the clone cabinet and only the GDP is stretching big time. I have put 3 of the smaller GDP and Sebs Rev in larger pots this week.

A GDP clone and ISSXBB seedling under the full spec 28w light bulb…

Group shot.

Sebrings CBD seedling doing well. Another week and I top it.

This week the plants got some bat guano tea with added neem and kelp meal. I am trying to water them a little at a time to give the gnats little opportunity to lay eggs as possible. I got the Stratiolaelaps scimitus, hunter killer mites, on Thursday **from Grub Grenade on Amazon 32$ for 500+ mites. It also says only 25 mites per sq ft to control an infestation.

So when I got them I spent 2 hours chasing mites in a washing up bowl with some 100x magnification goggles and a fine artist paint brush lol. I only found 183 adults juveniles and baby’s, so I broke out the 1000X digital micro scope in case I was missing anything, but found nothing. So I was a bit disappointed and sent Grub Grenade an email saying their calculations were off, and I was short of mites.

They replied the same day with a very informative email of what it takes to count mites, and only by soaking all the media, they came in, with alcohol, could I truly know how many there were, as they hide in the vermiculite, plus there are eggs.

They said even a professional mite counter can struggle sometimes, but they would be happy to send me some more. So that was great customer relations, and in the next few years if I need more, I will be going back to them. The email said, they breed well, and will wander around, if they run out of food, and search it out in all the nooks and cracks in the grow room. I haven’t told the misses that. Not sure how she will take it, if they end up all over the house lol.

The plant that appeared in the pot with the Tut, I have just Identified as the Eastern Black Nightshade, berries may be toxic. Quite apt for my avatar name lol. May have to cull it, as it grows to over a meter tall.

Group shot of the veg plants and the new extra large yellow stickers $20 for 60, 6x8 sticky on both sides from Amazon.

A Blue Heaven started its training got a wire holding the top down.

A Tut just started getting the same treatment

A GDP fighting with the alfalfa to avoid getting buried. They have been staked out to hold the branches down, and stretched out a bit this week, I am going to let them grow up now, and top them multiple times.

The other 2 GDP doing the same. Struggling to get a cover crop going in the middle pot for some reason I have seeded it twice now, with clover and alfalfa.

Blue Heaven that has had all its tops topped and wired down, starting to bounce back now, I think I will leave it alone for this week, and see what it does, and how many tops it produces, may thin out a couple of leaves from the middle, so it has some air flow in there, or the PM will start.

Tut with the Night Shade, this had all its tops topped last Tuesday and branches wired down. Going to leave it this week as well.

Week 7 of 9, or 49 days down, 14 days to go.
Flower room is going well, I dropped the night temps last Sunday and its now at 64F at night 75-78F days. The trichs are coming on strong now, but no color on any of them. I have only once managed to get color on the buds, and that plant was outside last year. Humidity is behaving, and staying between 35% and 45% day and night.’ They are not drinking as much this week, so cut the water back from 2 litres every other day to every 3 rd day now. They are only getting a bit of magnesium, silica, and coconut water in their water now. The leaves are just starting to deplete the nitrogen, and most, except the Tut have amber pistils, the Tut and the pale Hog are still producing new ones atm.

Group Shot.

Closer shot of the back half.

Close up of front half.

Wonky Leaf Tut, probably the biggest yielding plant in the room.

Blue Heaven, not done much the last week, but it has the densest nugs of all of them surprisingly, being 80% sativa. probably the frostiest of the lot except the CD1.

Candida CD1 CBD doing much better than I thought she would, despite being right in front of the fan, she has actually 4 weeks to go, never had big buds with this plant just tons of 1.5 inch by 1 inch all over except the tops. I was hoping to get an ounce of her, but may be 2 now time will tell.

GDP its branches are a bit spindly seems to have stretched a lot, top buds are starting to fall over, and the lower ones are bulking up faster now.

GDP with the same problem top heavy buds. They are both depleting their leaves more than the others now, both getting a lot more Trich development. Had to put a support in for the main stem.

Pale Hog doing better than the rest of the Hogs, still throwing out new pistils and starting to get top heavy…

Normal Leaf Tut, this one is still going strong with new pistil growth, seeing very little amber ones either.

Smallest Hog very frosty.

The Hog in the corner catching up with the pale Hog for bud size, and also getting nice and frosty.

21 Likes

Looks like a full-time job taking care of all that jungle :grimacing:, if Heaven exists it must be pretty alike, amazing work done … :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Cheers George, I am a lazy gardener, although I love growing, I try and keep it to a minimum. I try to keep to the LITFA practice.

I find the more time I spend with them, the more there is a chance of coitusing them up lol.

The most time consuming part is the clones and seedlings. So normally I would spend just 10 minutes, with the flower plants, every couple of days when watering, once they finish the stretch, even less.

Now I have started the LST with the veg plants, that’s occupying more of my time there.

9 Likes

I miss a full garden. Thanks for your help on the art!!!

4 Likes

No problem man I enjoyed it, there is usually a couple of hours in the afternoon when the pain has built up, and I am waiting for the cookie to kick in. I normally play mine sweeper, to help the hand eye coordination and keep the problem solving part of my brain working, so swapping it for your pic was a welcome change of format.

Did the ones I re sent, come up as 300dpi?

4 Likes

of yea ! I think i finally have my order placed. !!! Sorry to hear about the pain . Thanks.

3 Likes

This week I have done some training in the clone cabinet, may have killed one of the bigger Hog, cracked the stem a bit to much, done worse and they have survived. It has plenty of time to recover, as it wont be going into veg for another week or 2 yet. Temps are staying a bit higher this week with the ambient temps going up, having to leave the window in the door open half way all day atm, to keep it around 80F and get some cooler air in the room. I put 2 more ISSXBB seeds in water 1 has gone into soil will put another in soil later today. Sebs revenge is going well and started training. The other SR seed I germinated did not get above ground :frowning:

Group shot.

I bent this Hog a bit too much yesterday. Looking very sorry for itself this morning.

The plants in the veg tent are taking off now, they got some training as well as topping any shoot I could find, this week. The extra mites I got from Grub Grenade off amazon went in on Tuesday, and seem to be doing good, I am already seeing less gnats on the new stickers I pout in at the same time. Temps and RH are remaining the same in the veg tent at 78F with Rh between 45 and 60% nights and days. Nights are warming up now which is good I will save some electric on the heating.

Group Shot.

The first 2 to be leaving the veg tent are the Blueberry cough on the right, and Tut on the left.

The other 2 joining them will be the Hog on the right, and the Blue Heaven on the left. Struggling to keep the top of the BH down, it keeps pulling the wire out of the soil.

In the Flower Room we are at week 8 or 56 days one more week to go I think. I checked the trichomes most are milky but no amber yet. I dropped the temps again this week in here. Its now 73 days and 60 nights with RH at 32% days and 43% nights, don’t want it too cold as the bacteria in my soil will slow down too much. I might drag the first 4 coming out, into the workshop, for the last couple of nights, let them get really cold. Tut are still producing pistils don’t think they will stop until they drop dead lol. The hog are pretty much there and the GDP are definitely ready to go.

Group shots from different angles this week.
Wonky leaf Tut in the back corner, Blue heaven back right and the 2 GDP in front.

Blue heaven middle and CD1 CBD back right.

Hog getting heavier and needing support now, the normal leaf Tut back left of the first 4 in front.

The Hog in the corner, hasn’t been in the pics much, struggling to keep upright even with 2 stakes in it.

Wonky leaf Tut again.

Hog and Tut and Izzy checking there are no squirrels hiding in here.

Some pics are a little out of focus in places, on the close ups got a bit too close.

Hog.

Pale Hog.

Normal leaf Tut.

GDP.

Blue Heaven.

GDP.

Hog.

Wonky leaf Tut.

GDP.

GDP.

20 Likes

:heart_eyes: little dogs in little cute neckerchiefs, OT Looking really nice man. Never really seen them tuts til coming to OG but like the look of the king tuts and the hogs you’ve got goin on there, what’s the blue heaven crossed from? Blue dream and some other chronics? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Thought it was a squirrei! :joy:

4 Likes

She came back from the dog groomers on Friday, they put the neckerchief on her, it will be gone in another week. She gets a hair cut this time every year, as her hair grows quite long.

Those Tut give good yields, mostly a daytime smoke, very little couch lock. Quite a strong strain, takes me a week of use, to get used to it.

Blue Heaven is a cross between Blueberry and Super Silver Haze. Bit finicky, I had 2 one hermied, they would go into shock every time I touched them. The one that hermied was right in front of the fan.

The one still growing, looked like it is now, since the stretch, I think they are light feeders, compared to the others in there.

She’s only a little doggy George, not like your horse dog. I have a horse dog here ATM, the daughters boyfriends dog, it’s a Berniece mountain dog, 137 lbs at 14 months and still growing.

10 Likes

Nice breed! :+1: Well, you know, I live alone, know how to cook, clean, put the laundry, sew … If I had a chihuahua, neighbours would start to gossip :grin:. Besides, she is a good guardian for my plants, better don’t upset her! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

She is an Australian terrier, new breed in Canada when we got her 12 years ago. Zeus the horse puppy, Izzy the Oz terrier, and Willow the cat, she is 18 years old this year.

18 Likes

Not much room left in the coach :smile:, good companions … :+1:

3 Likes