Another week gone, life is flashing by, cant believe we are nearly a quarter the way through the year already.
7 inches of snow last Monday and today we are at 17C in the shade today, 2 days a go, I walked the dog in the morning and had to take off the hoodie, and T shirt, it was nice and warm with no wind, @ +1C lol. Surprising how we get used to different climates.
Just checked the temps in the FR and they are 75F I think once the temps hit 18C as a constant, I will have to put the AC on, hoping to get another 6 weeks before that, all helps with the electric bill.
Clones doing well, still only 1 Sebrings Revenge going, nothing appeared from the last 3 sown, so pissed the other one got snapped, but hoping they will pop up, put 3 more ISSXBB in and have 1 cracked as the other 3 only developed 1 seedling, which is doing well but don't know the sex yet, the last lot I did, produced 3 males out of 5 plants.
The training on the 3 Hog and 1GDP is going well despite the low light in the clone cabinet and only the GDP is stretching big time. I have put 3 of the smaller GDP and Sebs Rev in larger pots this week.
A GDP clone and ISSXBB seedling under the full spec 28w light bulb..
Sebrings CBD seedling doing well. Another week and I top it.
This week the plants got some bat guano tea with added neem and kelp meal. I am trying to water them a little at a time to give the gnats little opportunity to lay eggs as possible. I got the Stratiolaelaps scimitus, hunter killer mites, on Thursday from **Grub Grenade on Amazon 32$ for 500+ mites. It also says only 25 mites per sq ft to control an infestation.
So when I got them I spent 2 hours chasing mites in a washing up bowl with some 100x magnification goggles and a fine artist paint brush lol. I only found 183 adults juveniles and baby's, so I broke out the 1000X digital micro scope in case I was missing anything, but found nothing. So I was a bit disappointed and sent Grub Grenade an email saying their calculations were off, and I was short of mites.
They replied the same day with a very informative email of what it takes to count mites, and only by soaking all the media, they came in, with alcohol, could I truly know how many there were, as they hide in the vermiculite, plus there are eggs.
They said even a professional mite counter can struggle sometimes, but they would be happy to send me some more. So that was great customer relations, and in the next few years if I need more, I will be going back to them. The email said, they breed well, and will wander around, if they run out of food, and search it out in all the nooks and cracks in the grow room. I haven't told the misses that. Not sure how she will take it, if they end up all over the house lol.
The plant that appeared in the pot with the Tut, I have just Identified as the Eastern Black Nightshade, berries may be toxic. Quite apt for my avatar name lol. May have to cull it, as it grows to over a meter tall.
Group shot of the veg plants and the new extra large yellow stickers $20 for 60, 6x8 sticky on both sides from Amazon.
A Blue Heaven started its training got a wire holding the top down.
A Tut just started getting the same treatment
A GDP fighting with the alfalfa to avoid getting buried. They have been staked out to hold the branches down, and stretched out a bit this week, I am going to let them grow up now, and top them multiple times.
The other 2 GDP doing the same. Struggling to get a cover crop going in the middle pot for some reason I have seeded it twice now, with clover and alfalfa.
Blue Heaven that has had all its tops topped and wired down, starting to bounce back now, I think I will leave it alone for this week, and see what it does, and how many tops it produces, may thin out a couple of leaves from the middle, so it has some air flow in there, or the PM will start.
Tut with the Night Shade, this had all its tops topped last Tuesday and branches wired down. Going to leave it this week as well.
Week 7 of 9, or 49 days down, 14 days to go.
Flower room is going well, I dropped the night temps last Sunday and its now at 64F at night 75-78F days. The trichs are coming on strong now, but no color on any of them. I have only once managed to get color on the buds, and that plant was outside last year. Humidity is behaving, and staying between 35% and 45% day and night.' They are not drinking as much this week, so cut the water back from 2 litres every other day to every 3 rd day now. They are only getting a bit of magnesium, silica, and coconut water in their water now. The leaves are just starting to deplete the nitrogen, and most, except the Tut have amber pistils, the Tut and the pale Hog are still producing new ones atm.
Closer shot of the back half.
Close up of front half.
Wonky Leaf Tut, probably the biggest yielding plant in the room.
Blue Heaven, not done much the last week, but it has the densest nugs of all of them surprisingly, being 80% sativa. probably the frostiest of the lot except the CD1.
Candida CD1 CBD doing much better than I thought she would, despite being right in front of the fan, she has actually 4 weeks to go, never had big buds with this plant just tons of 1.5 inch by 1 inch all over except the tops. I was hoping to get an ounce of her, but may be 2 now time will tell.
GDP its branches are a bit spindly seems to have stretched a lot, top buds are starting to fall over, and the lower ones are bulking up faster now.
GDP with the same problem top heavy buds. They are both depleting their leaves more than the others now, both getting a lot more Trich development. Had to put a support in for the main stem.
Pale Hog doing better than the rest of the Hogs, still throwing out new pistils and starting to get top heavy..
Normal Leaf Tut, this one is still going strong with new pistil growth, seeing very little amber ones either.
Smallest Hog very frosty.
The Hog in the corner catching up with the pale Hog for bud size, and also getting nice and frosty.