A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

That’s a real pisser … on the predators, way too much of that stuff going on. Folks just acting up all kinda ways. Should be just the opposite during hard times. Hang in there brother.

4 Likes

Yeah I should have asked why they were on sale before I ordered them, but I never look a gift horse in the mouth as they say, trouble is they weren’t a gift :joy:

Nearly $70 with the shipping, which has to be 2 day with a courrier and cost more than the mites.

I should have gone with the beetles they had, at least you can see them and know if they are alive. They were closer to $100 without the shipping.

3 Likes

After 2 weeks you are supposed to be good. They cant last that long with no food.

3 Likes

I read they can go into suspended animation for long periods, if food or climate is not right for them, they must do that over the winter periods here, for at least 5-6 months of the year if outside.

6 Likes

The eggs can, right? I’ve heard something about that. Cold will kill the egss though, correct?

I know I’ve read the 2 weeks thing also somewhere.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble, brother.

Even the adults can “hibernate” to overwinter through adversity. They truly are a scourge. I think you’re on the right track with the no-pest strips but if they’re the borg (2 spotters) they’re pretty resilient to most treatments.

If the infestation is as bad as it sounds/looks there is no amount of predatory insect that’s going to make a dent on the population.

Best bet is to take a break for a couple months, during which drop temps as low as possible to inhibit reproduction. Run a humidifier if possible. Vacuum every nook and cranny, replace nearby carpets or furniture as they are perfect temp homes for them. Keep a couple no-pest strips in there if possible. Maybe even do a bomb if you can find a good one locally.

I had a pretty bad infestation a few years ago and I found the best weapon is just making the environment not suitable for them + a couple months break.

Lot of stuff to consider, you got a big grow and have been fighting them for a long time so I’m sure they’ve already found their way to other spots in your house. Hate to be mr. Negative here but it’s best to know what you’re up against.

They can be defeated though, but it’s going to take a monumental no-stone-unturned effort to eradicate them.

Whatever you decide to do, you got this bro!!

6 Likes

Did you try any of the soaps? It’s pretty hard to adapt to strangulation.

2 Likes

Shits about the mites man. I’d still contact them about it. Possible they got frozen along the way too. not sure if that’s bad for them but probably is.

Got my last order of beans from Sebring. The Point Break which are supposed to be a 3:2 CBD:THC like the Island Sweet Skunk CBD I bought in Kelowna a few years ago and was such good medicine for me. Got all these others coming up now so will have to hold off a bit. Repotting day tomorrow I hope. Just into 2L pots for now and have 9 all washed up and ready to fill.

I’m hoping to go out to the coast in Oct so have to plan for a near shutdown by then and hope anything I grow outside is all tucked away before I go. Gotta hit the Coho salmon run with my son before I go nuts!

That’s a hell of a drive for you guys so pace yourself and try to get in shape a bit before you go. I can get down there in about 18 hours only stopping for gas, coffee and getting rid of coffee but beat to crap when I get there and did that for a living.

:peace:

2 Likes

No not tried soaps, I have been looking for Dr Bonners but can’t find it locally, Amazon have some but the shipping is costly.

1 Like

I contacted them by email twice and asked him f the cold weather would be a problem for shipping, they said no that’s how they store them.

I asked if the temps and RH in the grow rooms would be suitable and they said yes to that as most predator mites like humidity above 60% and mine is 40-50%.

Yeah the wife is like we can do that in 5 days, I keep telling her you have to stop for piss breaks for us and the dog, plus eating

We are going to share the driving, swap every 2 or 3 hours, it will probably be 9-10 hours driving a day to do it in 7 days. That’s what I am aiming for, but we may have to take longer, depending on the pain levels, and extra day or two, won’t hurt. I want to take our time through the Rockies and enjoy the scenery.

Should be an adventure, always wanted to ride across Canada on my motorcycle, but a car will be a lot more comfortable :thinking: my arse could not handle it now :joy:

4 Likes

If you have an interest, you can make some jwa. A batch costs a little more than a bottle of safers soap, but makes 3.5 gallons of concentrate. It’s enough to last forever. You really need a drill and a mixer attachment. I’ve been using the one to mix mud fro drywall. Besides that, it’s just 2 ingredients, and one of them is cooking oil, so it’s easy to find.

Wish I was closer to run the drill for you buddy.

If you weren’t so close to shutting down, I’d find a way to get you some.

4 Likes

I’ve gone to the west coast and back twice with a straight through drive (one on the way, one on the way back) The last time, we took our time. Hotel rooms are great!

Nothing like driving over the rockies in a sleep deprived Haze at night :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think you’re being mr negative, more like mr realist :wink:. I have come to that conclusion that they are now endemic in the veg tent room, I had 3 months last August though October, growing autos in the veg tent, that did not have any problems and thought they were done, then they start appearing again.

Just tired of wasting money trying to eradicate the fuckers.

5 Likes

3 months and no problems, that’s super weird. That makes me thing possible reinfestation from somewhere.

2 Likes

You taking in clones Shadey, bringing stuff in from outdoors or storage possibly?

3 Likes

Yeah I have passed out at the wheel before, and ended up in the trees, nearly upside down in a lake, going over the side of a cliff is taking it to a whole new level :joy:

We will be staying in motels every night, I need a comfortable bed to sleep.

I have a drill and a wine degassing attachment it’s like a big whisk. I will check out the JWA.

4 Likes

Check it out. It takes alot of mixing, and I know your health isn’t the greatest. That’s why I recommended some help on the mixing buddy. The first round seemed like 10-15 minutes or mixing.

2 Likes

The only thing I can think that is new coming into the grow areas is soil from the worm bin, when I pot up seedlings. I am never using other people’s clones again, and not done for a year now roughly, which is how I think it started.

There may have been some on the alfalfa that was growing in one pot, when I re potted into the ten gal pots after growing the autos in 5 gals. I left the 10 gal pots on a pallet next to the workshop to let the rain flush them out a bit for that 3 months.

4 Likes

been fighting these for years. An extended break worked more and better than anything. As long as you are flowering plants no way to beat them they explode. Need to eradicate them in veg or start clean. Soap does seem to help …but yields suffer no matter as long as you are fighting them.

When you can’t ipm in flower and the humidity favors them if there are eggs in the leaves they just explode. Water wash/knock down then soap is about the best I could do and still feel good about smoking the results.

Ladybugs did a passable job…but they are possibly carrying other problems on their little feet and may not breed if taken a certain way…(I think you know all that lol)

5 Likes

Never heard of the lady bug feet problem.

The alfalfa sounds probable for sure. It would have given them something to survive on. Little bastards.

3 Likes