A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

ha ha that rekio has a wide reach. looking foward to it.

1 Like

Yes he does, I expect in the next few years he will go interplanetary lol.

Talking of which, here is a pic of the autos, all 4 above ground now, but the last one up seems to be stuck here the last couple of days, I had a closer look at it this morning, and one of the cotyledons looks as if it is almost torn off, as it was coming up through the peat puck, never seen that happen before, maybe the seed pod was caught on something. So it may not get a good a start as the others.

The other clones and seedlings getting bigger.

Veg tent.
In the cloner, 1 more Sebs Rev getting roots, I think the other 2 in the middle have had enough, and don’t want to play ball. Nothing showing yet on the other 6, that went in late last week.The plants in the big pots, Hog front left is going great, so is the Sebs Rev behind it, cant wait to see this one when it stretches, The ISSXBB back right, still on a go slow for the branches, 11 more days of veg, hoping for at least one cutting off it to create a mother.

In the flower room we have pics with the light off, so all the lovely colors can be seen without a big wash of yellow light over everything.

Tut back left, and BBC front left. 2 of the GDP newbies to the right, they are budding and stacking better than the last lot, I haven’t stretched their branches out as much as last time, for fear of damaging them.

3 BH, left bottom, middle, and top. 1 more newbie Hog bottom left, and 3 GDP in the left side corner.

BBC close up, looking very sparkly, I like the color fade on the leaves.

GDP close up, 3 weeks and 4 days to go.

BH close up, very stick plants, they are.

16 Likes

Did you spray the BBCs before the pic or is that how much moisture they’re building with the leaves?

1 Like

You got good eyes man, I had just watered them, they are so close top the top of the pot I have to pour it through the plant.

1 Like

Haha like a fluffin hawk bro :eyes: was more concern than anything mate my pal got powdery mildew before from the buildup in his bushes :blush:

1 Like

Hey Shadey,

Your girls look nice and ripe…Very resinous looking.

I bet the No-Till tastes as good as it looks…

K.

1 Like

I see a lot of tiny details in things as well, due to my airbrush painting. Playing spot the difference, between my picture, and my reference, The better you see detail the faster you catch problems with your plants. I think as ones growing abilities develop, you start to see more and more details in your plants, than just a green bushy thing, when you start lol.

I was worried about PM with all the extra plants I have in there, but so far so good. I sprayed them all the other day with some EM1 LABs I made, as a preventative.

5 Likes

Yes it does taste good, but I feel it could have a stronger flavour to it. One of my goals for this year, is getting stronger flavour, and smell, among other things. I am hoping the LABs help with this.

The year before last I was flowering at higher temps as I had no air con, and all the plants were from the same mother as I am using now, but the smell and taste was a lot stronger, unless I am starting to get nose and taste blind to it. I was not growing in no till then either, I was using Promix organic and doing it half arsed, and ending up chasing deficiencies, all the time but it tasted and smelled great lol.

3 Likes

This is a small problem I have with my new Super Soil… I am starting to see minor deficiencies starting out? But, I think they just need more food, as I have not been feeding them heavy at all…

As far as your nose, and taste go…It may be silly for me to even bring it up, but do you trim wet, or dry? And do you cure it when it is done, or just burn it? Because I notice a huge difference when I don’t take my time with the dry/cure…I am in no way trying to say you don’t know about this at all…More or less out of curiosity…

K.

2 Likes

No problem man, I am always ready to listen to people, there is always another angle to learn.

I kind of trim wet and dry, I rough trim all my mulch leaves when wet, then I hang the plant as a whole in the coolest spot I can find, for the time of year, and it can take anywhere from 4 days to 12 days, to get where the buds are crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle, I then take off all the sugar trim. Saves having 3 bowls going at the same time for buds sugar trim and mulch.

Then I Jar, or paper bag it, depending on the bud size, and how wet it feels. If I think its still a bit wet I will bag it for a couple of days and then jar it. Then depending on how fast it is needed, I will open the jars, and let them them breath for an hour a couple of times the first week, then after that the amount of time the jars are open drops, but still only a couple of times a week. I kind of go by feel, when they feel more compact and dry I will just let them sit and open them them up and check to see if the moisture has spread from the inside to the outside again, and repeat until they have just a little squish left in them lol. They sit like that, until I want to use them, which can be 4-6 months, and then I will usually see how they burn in my pipe if its a bit moist I will burp them once a day for 20-30 minutes until I think they are good.

I dont think its the cure, it may be the initial drying time is short?

What difference do you notice between wet and dry trimming?

4 Likes

With this soil I am using now, I have 12 x10 gal pots, which were running 6 flower 6 veg, constant cycle, the first 6 are just starting their 3rd cycle of flowering and the second lot are just finishing their second full cycle.

The ones going in next have been perfect no deficiencies, same as the other 3 that went in 2 weeks ago. The cover crops, bacteria, and worms are keeping it running so nicely, I am starting to get complacent.

It needs time to develop, so just keep putting the teas into it, and slow release carbs and it will all start to snowball along, getting better and faster. Mine is just over 14 months since I made it up. The first runs were deficient in N and calcium, phosphorus towards end of flowering. 2 nd run was mainly nitrogen on about a third of them, and calcium late flower.

I also had to go back to PHing my water to 6.5 for the first run, my crab meal for calcium, and gypsum, took a while to break down.

The only thing that seems to be off is the Blue Heaven, everything else growing in it does great. First run thought it was too hot soil when flowering. The second time, tried cal/mag no change, next ones are getting extra potassium, see if that makes a difference, if not, I think the plant just starts dying off real early in flower.

2 Likes

Hey Buddy…

Everything you are doing sounds awesome to me. I usually just chop and hang dry, slowly. Around 10 days…Sweat it once, and burp it a couple times a day for a week. It takes a while, but I am never in any rush haha.

Both wet and dry have their benefits for me…Wet trim looks cleaner in the end…But dry trim smells and tastes better IMO. Also, the best part about dry trimming, is you can smoke the rub, and the bud as you trim :slight_smile: The worst though, is the texture between dry and wet…The worst trimming ever…

The only reason I asked, is because sometimes people quick dry, and can never seem to keep the nose, or taste because of it. I never could understand why people would take all that time, and patience to grow a plant properly, then go wreck it like that in the end. I have countless times watched big shows trimmed in five days…And on day 4, they were bagging it up, and moving it.

I have seen a couple of very nice crops with potential, go to shit in the end. because they wanted to go to Mexico two weeks early…Then end up sitting on it, and getting far less for it in the end.

Priority’s…Ha!

K.

2 Likes

Hey wonder if ya have played around with increasing your sulfur in the soil mixture iv heard it increase the terps quite a bit

3 Likes

Hi Tiny, Yes I have powdered sulfur, I have been upping the dose as a top dressing every flowering. I have them at a table spoon each when they went into flower this time, plus Epsom salts every 3-4 waterings. I am hoping this next lot will have stronger, taste and smell.

I will just keep picking away at it until I find the right combo.

I was thinking maybe it’s my clones, they must be 16th generation bye now.

I read they can lose potency over time but, can’t see any logic in that. A plant can’t lose or change its genetic make up, unless diseased I would have thought.

3 Likes

Yeah I know what your saying, the trimmers, get a fast build up of hash, dry trimming, it’s nice to have scissor hash, but it’s a pain scraping the scissors every 5 minutes. I put a little dab of coconut oil on my left hand fingers and scissor blades, it gives a couple of extra minutes trimming, before the resin builds up and makes it easier to scrape off.

I need to invest in another tent and a dehumidifier for drying, it may be fluctuating temps rather than a steady loss of moisture. Also harvesting all at the same time, the first plants trimmed are usually at the right time and, the later ones past their optimum a bit. So I have started to stagger my chopping, and also the flowering now to try and combat that situation.

4 Likes

Do you have garden gypsum? It’s got both calcium and sulfer. An excellent soil ammendment.

This is what I think people actually see when they claim a clone loses virality. Tissue culture is now being used to clean up some of these older cuts.
:+1::seedling:

4 Likes

This makes total sense to me… I have a friend who just had a giant butter tub full of little gaffers…He kept them in his bathroom, and every time he needed cuts, he would just grab the tub, level it, and grow it back in for his next run. I watched his quality steadily go downhill, I thought it was because how small all his mothers were, that kept getting bucked back…This makes perfect sense to see this explained like this…

K.

I think you may have it narrowed down here…I have seen differences in my flavor/smell, whenever I dry with my dehum cranked up too much, or when it is barely running…

The pull I just took down, had a dehum running harder than I would have liked, and I could not get back to my trailer to turn it down…It dried my herb out too much, now I am in the middle of adding moisture to it…It has effected the flavor a bit…(but then again, I am running new strains)…

It’s a fine line to walk…

Cheers Man,

K.

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering, let’s say you’re growing an indica dominant strain and you likes a heavy couchlock stone, humidity is always on the low side (climate here) and when trichromes are milky and amber you let your plant dry out and die completely while in the pot before harvesting. Would there be any negative effects, disregarding flavour, it’s for making oil. Wouldn’t that give you maximum THC, CBN (I want lots of this), terpenes etc?

1 Like

Yes I do, I added another cup full to each pot at the end of their second round as I was getting some calcium deficiency and also to deal with the high water PH. Probably have to much sulphur now lol.

Well we will see what happens with all the new genetics, I am starting, see if there is any difference in strength of taste and smell. I have 4 of your autos in 4 X 60 liter super soil bags I bought, see how stinky they get, maybe I am just, wanting too much, from my plants lol.

3 Likes