A sick baby plant :/

Thanks. Here she is again after a transplant and a little time:

2 Likes

Strawberry field from fox farm is way too hot for seedlings. Happy frog is what you should be using. I use the SF with Ocean Forest during my final up pot only.

1 Like

Thanks i have heard alot of people recommend happy frog I will probably try to get some before I pop any more beans :frog:

So I gave her a good saturation using the water from the bottom method two days ago…i think that’s exactly what she needed look how happy she looks!

I will definitely doing that from now on. I even did the same with a few of my house plants :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your soil mix is too hot.FF products spray thier soil with a artificial nitrogen sourceI started seedlings in it this year being my first grow and I burned up a lot of plants off the same bag even when I cut it I never fed those plants anything but that soil and bottle water.Over the past couple years FF has gone down hill in quality and I think they substituted something cheaper for cost and overhead in thier product.These days you almost better off building your own soil.I head good things about Coast Of Maine bag soils.Apparently they have thier shit together and all you have to do is water it.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check into that I gotta at least use up what I’ve got but next time I will probably look into other options. I briefly looked into building my own soil but it seemed more expensive to get all the ingredients rather then just a premixed bad but it seems it might be worth it in the long run also I’m still a bit of a noob so I have a lot to learn

2 Likes

That baby is looking good. Nice job :+1:

After growing all kinds of different soil mixes you will find what works for you but in the mean time you may want to check out this current thread about making your own soil. You don’t have to go that big but …

2 Likes

Word thanks! :+1::sunglasses: Will definitely check that out

2 Likes

So we planted her into her big girl pot yesterday (happy late 420) and she seems to like it she has a crazy 90° bend in her stalk which is kinda weird but also awesome looking lol like a little bonsai tree :joy: I added a wire to help add some support and I clipped one single leaf to help get some light to the underside of her which is totally cluster fucked lol but I didn’t want stress her too much. Hopefully I will have my greenhouse set up in the next few days and I can move her outside

2 Likes

So my little survivor has a new issue (I think) I have been attempting to harden her off to the conditions of my greenhouse that I just set up. Roughly 6 hours a day then back to the tent at night. I might just be a lil paranoid since she had such a rough start but this one leaf has me concerned. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also on a another kinda unrelated note this is my first time growing outside and my first time using a green house and I was getting temp readings of 120° f and it’s not even that hot outside yet. The plant didn’t seem to mind but is that something to be concerned about? Any tips on how (cost effectively) regulate temps/humidity in a greenhouse

Here is pic for reference
Any advice is appreciated :+1::sunglasses::green_heart::seedling: