A Very Happy Unbirthday, To You!

WoW !!!
What strains are you starting :smiley:
Oh this brings joy to my :heart: I feel excited with you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

P.S. Did you ever seed run those RKS ! Id be interested…well a lot of people would be :laughing: lmao

3 Likes

I have a few in the soil right now won’t know till later in the season where the wind blows but I have faith they are gonna be some good stuff in store. We shall see we shall see.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I’m Interested in the Nigerian mix if there are any left. (Edit: realizing that was from a long time ago.)

2 Likes

Hey @Enjoi802 . How’s all those plants you had up top going?

2 Likes

Welcome to overgrow, @Kbonsai. I know this is your first post after joining the site, but I also saw your Brian Lemon Berry #2 pheno post in the “Free your budshots” thread. Nice bud! You should check out the Introduce Yourself @OG thread and tell us a bit about yourself. Once people get to know you, you should have a much easier time getting hooked up with some beans. Oh, and if you don’t like talking - that’s fine, because WE LOVE PICTURES!! So you can just show us what you’ve got going and what you’ve done!

5 Likes

They are going crazy now. Just took some cuts. When they root the lady’s have a date with outdoors

1 Like

Hey glad to see you found the thread and as @Purple-N-Hairy said welcome to OG!!! I do have a few vials kicking around. But now they are going on three years old. Not sure what to expect with them.

3 Likes

I just saw this again since a while back. If you happen to still have any of the African mix I’d love to see if I have something to trade. I figured they were long gone. Just give a shout here or pm. peace

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome and the pointer! I am heading over to introduce myself now. Yeah the Brian lemon berry 2 is pretty special, may have just lost that cut. Reveg is not going great :frowning: .

4 Likes

Well I’m not sure I’ve updated this in a while but I’ve started the search for the princess and the pauper,

@MrSoul original c99 F2
@anon93244739 c99 & third dimension
@Baudelaire c99 Mix
Mel Franks Jack Herer
And just for fun I threw some RKS from the Alaskan cannabis cache as well as his Cambodian. I will be splitting them into individual threads. On for the princess search(c99,c99,and the mix)One for the pauper search (Jack Herer) and then one for @anon93244739 gift to me and the community of the @Subcool third dimension and c99 his buddy grew back in 2012. I will try to be as precise as possible for the crosses as I have limited seeds of the Jack and third. All three jack came up so far. Only two out of five third and none of the 2012 c99 yet. All 6 rks are up, and the Cambodian has a 3 out of 6 so far and the fdm c99 is a 3 out of 9 so far and the original c99 is 5 out of 9 so far. I will look back here to tie them all together but be on the look out for these threads to pop up in the near future. Planned this back in October and just now getting to it. Thank you all for the support and have a blessed evening my friends

8 Likes

@anon93244739 I’ve saved some that I will be putting into embryo encapsulates (tissue culture) to guarantee they are repopulated but this round I figured I’d see if the soil could whisper to them and get them to awaken.

3 Likes

You will have to teach me this magic, TC is something I really want to get into

1 Like

Wishing you well on the C99 project (well, each project, duh!). I have some fem made from a friend of Joey Weed C99. I seem to be cursed on this strain as I struck out 3 out of 3 tries. First one was on her way at about a month or so old. I chicken pluck ed it out of the pot and left it in the sun to die. Next two were mostly me I guess or gremlins. So, I have to try again since I have never smoked it but really want to, lol. I plan on starting some this summer at some point.

Maybe I can get some info from you as I don’t know exactly what to expect regarding different or preferred phenos. All I know is that I want to say I love it like everybody else, heh. Sending best vibes your way! peace

2 Likes

Cheap way to mess around is this kit. Hemp Multiplication Kit
A couple ball jars and the canner boiling pot or pressure cooker. Can find the pipets for micro measuring on the website also and the magnetic mixer on eBay for cheap. Just have to remember not to pour hot agar down the drain, can use your normal grow light or area. It comes with mixing instructions also. Then once you get good at clipping nodes and getting them to root in one solution you switch them to the shooting solution. All in I spent about 350 to start hands on learning. They also offer classes near where I live that @SCJedi has been to. So it helps with advance learning also.

4 Likes

What really helps is knowledge and practice of sterile technique and using the scientific method. All strains are different so you gotta figure out 4 or 5 baseline media protocols and figure out which of the 5 you have seen work for other cultivars works for the one you know nothing about.

The classes I did in Massachusetts were to purely brush up on my technique as I had been removed from a lab for 20 years. There’s not much more to it then that. Don’t expect them to let you walk out with their secret sauce recipe.

Embryo rescue is a bit different but still the same in some ways. I just unpacked a box of seeds handed to me from a buddy in Berkeley today. These are all from 1994-2000 and stored poorly. Including seeds from my white widow pheno hunt around 1997. These all all need to be surface sterialzed and have their embryos dissected…if they are still there. I’ll post pics as I attempt to hunt through some of these

10 Likes

Oh classic white widow would be a gem to have back!

3 Likes

Wow, this sounds so interesting but I doubt I can take on another expensive science hobby.

I’ll make sure to save some of these old Mexican seeds in hopes someone can rescue them. The closest any school would be that offered that sort of class may be as far away as Denver (3 hours). Maybe in Pueblo (1.5 hours away). I guess you could do a lot of it online but nothing can take the place of the lab work. At least not at my house.

1 Like

YouTube is your friend. I will also begin teaching online/zoom soon but it’s more valuable if people have a basic understanding of sterile techniques

2 Likes

Well, I know that these are real. The package is from 1999 and has my handwriting on it.

2 Likes