A5Haze/Thai fun from Doc D (Zang!, Sour Diesel x A5 Haze/Thai, Bandaid Haze ix 3.0)

Thanks for the heads-up! I wasn’t aware of this thread, but I’m following it now for sure.

6 Likes

So the Sour Diesel “male” must be a reversed, yeah? Those didn’t come from Doc, did they? I have no idea how a Sour Diesel “male” would perform, but pop them, dude! Let’s find out! Haha.

Anyway, nice thread. Just read through it all, looking forward to the smoke reports. I’m on day 61 with four Bandaid Hazes and two of Doc’s Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy plants. I love them haha.

Noticed you mentioned that you grabbed some of those Santa Cruz Pure Haze seeds; if you log those and you remember, please tag me. I just ordered those seeds from Doc about five days ago, after hemming and hawing since January 1. I’m not gonna plant any next run (I don’t think), but I may plant some for my fall grow, on September 1.

Anyway, yeah, love this thread haha.

6 Likes

Hey thanks man :call_me_hand:So I grabbed the Sour from Lifehouse genetics, I think he made an f2 of Karmas bx2. I picked up those which I’m running now as well as some other crosses he hit with it like Bandaid Haze, Chem, Headbanger etc. I just finished smoking some of the Sour Diesel x A5T (which is unreal, smoke reports definitely on the way) and my only complaint with it was how short and squat it stayed, like a typical Afghani leaning plant. I’m hoping with a BA Haze Female I’ll get a bigger structure. Definitely curious!

Oh man I’ve had to talk myself out of buying those Columbian x DE on an almost daily basis since Jan 1. I grabbed the A5T x DE so I’ll be keeping an eye on yours for sure.

The Bandaid Haze ix 3.0 I ran was a runt and fussy, but had these unique leaves compared to the other two so I rolled the dice. Still got around 3 oz from her of fluffy green buds that smell righteous like leather and mud and a little of something like a bright musk. The high sets in a minute or two after smoking and it’s a scatterbrained, energetic “man I’m high right now” but pleasant feeling. Like you can see why Bodhi added the Bandaid name to it. I definitely got a weird pheno though so I’m interested to see how yours turn out. I’m running the BA no.7 x AfPak right now and I’m hoping I get a better performer but with the potent high. Also running the Nigerian Haze x A5T right now and have very high hopes for it. Both are super vigorous so far.

Yeah I’m stoked on the SC Pure Haze and also picked up the CBH, Corinto Budder and Piff crosses to the A5T. I’ll document the current run I’ve got going this week, after that I’ve got a Vietnam Black project I’m doing and then comes an A5T party. I’m really impressed with that male. All 3 crosses to it I’ve run are up there with some of the best smoke I’ve had.

As a PSA, I can’t recommend the Zang! enough. It’s like a refined Vietnam Black and with the A5 Haze added, everyone that’s tried it can’t take more than two hits and won’t stop asking what it is. It’s got modern bag appeal although way too leafy for most, and the high is a drunken Rollercoaster ride through the cosmos. I’m an old fart that isn’t easily impressed, but I bought an extra pack to breed with or preserve since it’s almost sold out and unlikely more will be made.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I’ll post some bud shots here in a bit :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Some nugs of the 13 week pheno of Zang (Vietnam Black 164 Kiona Cut x A5 Haze / Mirakel Thai):

31 Likes

I think it’s weird how everybody just accepts Karma’s “Sour Diesel” as just being a true representative of Sour Diesel now, considering he used Rez’s SD, which by all accounts was some bullshit, not true-to-form, weak “IBL.” I’ve seen sooooo many people using either Karma’s Sour Diesel lines or even Rez’s “Sour Diesel” lately and calling it, uh, Sour Diesel haha. It’s not Sour Diesel. I’ve grown Karma’s Headbanger before, three females, and none of them reminded me of Sour Diesel at all. They were all really, really good smoke and ver tasty, but they definitely didn’t taste like Sour Diesel.

But you know… Whatever haha.

Grab them while you can. I mean, if you want haha. I planted four seeds, three sprouted, two females and they’re chugging along. Both of them are super-stinky and they really don’t look like they’re gonna take too, too long. One of them ended up gigantic, spread out all over the place and took up way too much room. I finally staked and tied her and did a little training a few nights ago, just to keep her from crowding everything else. But she’s a beauty. They both are. The other one actually stayed pretty short, but branchy. I’ll post a link to the grow in a second.

I wanted to grab those so bad, but I have to draw the line somewhere haha. I’ve got way too many seeds right now to be ordering more, even though I broke down and grabbed those SC Pure Haze seeds last week haha. I wasn’t planning on it, but then Doc mentioned that Malibu Pure cross and I was like,”Pssshhhhh… Okay, fine,” haha.

I was really leery of any Vietnam Black stuff, just because I’ve heard that it can be a little, uh, intense haha. But it sounds like it didn’t turn out that way for you, which, cool. I have some of the S1’s in the fridge that I got as freebies from Doc. I’m not in a rush to plant them, though haha.

Anyway, yeah, great log! I’m following along for sure.

7 Likes

Here’s the current grow: Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m curious what I’ll get from the Sour Diesels. I’ve never grown any from seed. I lived in NYC for years and smoked nothing but righteous Sour D, moved back to San Diego around 2010 and couldn’t find anything like it. Got a clone of what I was told was the “real deal” from my buddy who bred Dubtech and ADub but lost the entire grow about 4 weeks into flower. Hopefully I find the high and nose/mouthfeel or at least one :call_me_hand:

Hmm you’re selling me on those Colombians man, I love the big crazy plants. I need to catch up on your grow of the Soar since I’ve been eyeing those as the next lombo I want to run. Plus Doc speaks really highly of the DE. Ha the Malibu Pure almost got me too but like you, I’ve got to cut myself off. Telling everyone he’s moving to Mexico was definitely a genius marketing move.

Yeah I’ve collected a couple different VBs and I’m throwing a Zang in that run as insurance in case the others end up jungle herb. That high is worth the struggle though, it’s like Malawi but kinder, happier and drunk feeling. Still intense though, I’m zooted on the Zang right now brother :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

That first pic is Docs
Sour Diesel x (A5Haze/Thai bx) ??!!

I wasnt gonna grab a pack, but I did last second. I actually went for his 6 packs deal a few months ago and grabbed a few other of his A5Haze/thai bx crosses he released.

What are the terps you got off of her ? She looks beautiful.
Crazy as I was currently thinking of crossing her with an orange a grape and another strawberry strain I have to try to make 3 Sour D fruit strains.
I think this made mg decision for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As long as she actually tasted and smelled like the actual Sour D, then I am very much looking foward tk trying her when I can here in my state.

3 Likes

Hey man that’s awesome, I didn’t catch that special. The Sour Diesel x A5T is the strain I reach for in the morning, it’s not racy it just makes the sunshine come out. As for the terpenes, imagine the intensity of real sour d but blasting the smell of burning tires. It’s gnarly and I chuckle because it’s so offensive that it’s pretty rad. It’s like the Skunk I remember from the 80s and 90s but if it went bad :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Yeah, 2010 is right about the last time I saw/smoked really good, legit Sour in SoCal. Used to get it from one source and it was fucking amazing, but they got busted and that was that.

Get ‘em, dude. I mean, thirty bucks a pack, it’s not like you’re shelling out $600 or something. I actually have another 2+ packs and I’m sure I won’t grow all of them, so if you wanna hold off… I do like the two females flowering now, though. A lot.

I only got one female and she’s straight-up OMG. No Colombian Red influence that I can see at all. I actually chopped her a few days ago, day 56. Kinda disappointing, just because I wanted some of that C. Red-type weed, but she was a nice plant. Fucking STINKS just like pink grapefruit.

Haha, for sure. I’m sure he’s developing quite the little nest egg. I probably woulda gotten those Malibu Pure seeds (and the SC Haze, since I was placing an order anyway haha) regardless of whether or not he was moving, though. I loooooove Malibu Pure, haven’t seen any around in forever. Haven’t really been looking, either haha, but yeah, that’s good weed.

Sounds good! I’ll take your word for it haha, pretty positive I won’t be grabbing any of those. Way too much other stuff I’m much more interested in. I did grab a couple packs of Bodhi’s Zap a while back, that’s got a little Vietnamese in it, so…

9 Likes

vietnamese power, hehe… you ve got a couple more, hmmm

3 Likes

Some more bud shots. No filter but I got this econo light box from Amazon that makes things look wonky.

Sour Diesel x A5T:

Mextiza x Malawi:

Zang! (Hermi Unicorn pheno):

Bandaid Haze ix 3.0:

27 Likes

Whoaaaaaa… Are all those little yellow things on that Zang! flower bananas? That’s crazy.

6 Likes

Yup! It’s wild. They were all sterile but everywhere like Christmas ornaments. Such a weird plant but insanely good smoke.

8 Likes

Awesome grow and great pictures too. Now all we need are some smoke reports on those beauties :dash: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks man and you’re right, I suppose the fact I haven’t posted them is a testament to how strong they are and how ripped they’ve had me :laughing: I’ll get some up today

9 Likes

I bet this will be potent.

4 Likes

What’s interesting is that it’s not at all what I predicted and what you’d imagine, but what I smoke more than anything else in the stash. My buddy who owns a hydro shop loved it and had it tested, found out it’s 2:1 THC/CBD, probably something recessive from the Nepalese in Mextiza but really cool. Feels like the herb we used to smoke in the 80s and 90s with the happy, strong Mexican high and brightness but functional. The breeder sent me a bunch more to work with so I’m stoked to hunt for Oaxacan, Malawi and now CBD phenos :call_me_hand:

15 Likes

Those plants were beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Are there any pictures of their version of Vietnam black x a5thai. I just wanted to see how they look compared to the Vietnam black x 97nh (lui hann remake)an the a5 x Vietnam black Should be a interesting comparison.

Edit, i see its what you guys are calling zang, hmmm looks quite different more thicker budded. Thanks for the pics guys.

4 Likes