Most uplifting, focus boosting strain you have grown?

What is the most uplifting strain you have grown or tried? I was lifting to a podcast “First Smoke of the day” and the host was talking about how zkittlez gave him the very focused, uplifted high, which got me thinking; that sounds like sour d to me. At night, I’m more about that relaxing, couch lock high. But during the day, I’d like to have more options for a good day buzz.

13 Likes

C99 is always a good choice.

A lot of varieties can be motivating if you chop when trichs are cloudy with just a hint of amber.

14 Likes

Still on the hunt for this one. Good thread!

5 Likes

When I worked at Chicago Board of Trade we smoked any Sativa strain to keep our minds focused and we would smoke an Indica strain at night to help us relax. …

4 Likes

the best ‘‘day smoke’’ is what i like to call it. i’ve grown or smoked was dragonsblood hash plant seeds i got from a member here on overgrow . yields well and if you get a bleeder keep it

8 Likes

With a name like that you’d expect I knockout harder than Tysons @JaxxMunster

3 Likes

Wow, this is my type of weed. As someone with ADHD and someone with chronic depression. These type of strains have helped me alot in life.
This is my list
Malawi, this is my favorite
Bangi haze
Sour diesel
Cali-o
C99
Grapefruit, female seeds
Skunk haze
Amnesia, Core or Hy Pro cut
Kali mist
Nevilles haze
Chem 91
Chem D
Agent orange
NLD leaning Bruce banner
Ghost Train haze

These are just a few on top of my head that ive grown that would probably give you what you are after. But Ace Malawi is a special one, i think everyone whos after this type of high should try a grow with it atleast once!

Pz :v:t2:

31 Likes

Do you have a suggested breeder by chance or someone you could direct me towards for the malawi?

7 Likes

C99 and other Jack Herer hybrids for sure, Hazes of all sorts, Durban, Nigerian all work for me and my ADHD

9 Likes

I’ve been considering picking up these two, they look great and are quite inexpensive:

2 Likes

The Malawi from Ace for sure. Its not a pure Malawi but its strong and you dont have to smoke alot of it to hit your desired high. No stone come down and its ceilingless, so If you want to get uber fucked, you can. I have very high tolerance and it still hits like it should.

12 Likes

Yeah, i get a stoney come down from SSH and SLH but thats me… Probably works better for others. Thank you, I forgot all about Durban Poison and its a great strain too that deservse a spot on the list! Also i would like to see trainwreck on the list, though it do have abit of a come down aswell.

4 Likes

My vote goes for ghost train haze (rare dankness). Tasty (citrus), uplifting, strong.

The drawback is it’s a bit leafy (but dense). But I think worth it.

8 Likes

Found a beautiful what I imagine is a a5 leaner based off structure from pictures and what I’ve read up on the a5 in the ssdd bx from @HolyAngel wonderful energetic focus boosting clear cerebral get up and go head high that has this almost tingly electric sensation without the super racey or paranoia feeling smells like that classic haze smell with a sour butter and melon notes to it

8 Likes

durban for me, but only that special durban with that really distinctive floral taste. alot of durbans suck these days lol

c99 and apollo 11 (and their kids) are like this too but can be a little too much for me sometimes

8 Likes

Yeah that definitely sounds like the A5! Maybe tamed a bit from the SSDD which is what I was going for if she did show up. She comes through hard in crosses! That A5 is two generations out :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

For me, anything with Aussie Mullumbimby Madness or the Thia’s always seem to bring me an over all sense of well being.

3 Likes

For me best focusing day smoke

a clone only (G13 x AK47)

DTC 99 old version

2 Likes

I know @Upstate may know where to find those malawi

1 Like

grew it this year - links to the younger pics

Pics before chop

red stems - nice fruity smell growing - great spicy / cherry smell as the cure starts

5 Likes