ABC bastard cannabis seeds (CLOSED)

If it turns out those 2 are male I’m hoping the runt isn’t but if it is it just means I gotta plant more

2 Likes

If you do any crosses you will only get around 10% ABC out of the seeds. It is a recessive gene.

But the benefit of having the “ABC gene” be the recessive gene is that it is easy to spot during the seedling stage. That is really not possible with most breeding. I can tell in the first week it is an ABC seedling.

8 Likes

Correct on the recessive trait.

0% of the F1 (abc X normal) will express the abc foliage. 25% of the F2 gen will express the trait. F3 (both mother and father expressing the trait) 100% will have the abc mutation expressing.

A backcross of abc F1 (abc x normal) back to abc will result in the next generation expressing 50% abc foliage

9 Likes

Usually the males at this stage pour on the lankyness always the first to show.
Right from the get go.
By the looks they got the structure of a male also male preflowers.

3 Likes

Thats what’s had me wondering but giving them more time just in case.

@Tommy_McCain and @lilmanbigplan thank you, still very new to breeding and that knowledge will be extremely helpful as I forget about how genetic traits work often.

2 Likes

Hey bro, will all of the these seedlings express the ABC foliage? I’m sorry, I haven’t been in the thread for a good while. I need to brush up as I want to put some out into Rose beds this year. It gets sort of hot in the late summer sun with the southern exposure and about 10-12 from the house. Maybe I can put some landscape fabric onto the short 3 ft fence. I’m looking forward to them. I have other spots on the property that may be better once I read up on them. I’d love to keep them around every year as an ornamental. Do they clone normally? peace

4 Likes

Very incorrect. 0% first run. Its a double recessive, if your doing a cross it will only recieve 1 of those genes. Google punnet Square.

If you cross those offspring, 25% will get two genes, 50% get 1 gene, and 25% get 0 genes. This is the generation where you will actually see the recessive gene expressed again (ever heard of a family trait that “skips a generation”? Same concept).

Now breed those that are expressing that trait and 100% of their offspring will express that same trait. You will see a ton of variability in other traits though, like chemotype, flower time, plant structure, terpenes, color, etc. etc. etc.

8 Likes

I need to literally take a course to get the breeding stuff down. The dirty details still make my head spin. Once I learn something from the start, I’m good to go but I haven’t spent the time to read it yet. Maybe I can find a good free college course online or anything that’s effective.

4 Likes

As a kid I lived near a Science museum, I remember a large table with a vitrine filled with three rows of stuffed rabbits of different colours to explain Mendel’s laws through generations.

Captura

I also need some refreshing, found this that looks easily explained … :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m “very” incorrect. Just a little off…if what you are saying is correct. I’m just quoting what two of the breeders I follow on IG have said.

3 Likes

Read this book and there’s your course in breeding https://books.google.com/books?id=1qyh22v5glgC

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s the Bible for many early growers. I didn’t have the book but a friend or two did. I do need to get it. thx

3 Likes

Here’s a digital copy if anyone’s interested.

Marijuana Botany - An Advanced Study.pdf (455.1 KB)

14 Likes

Looks like it will be some good reading

3 Likes

Oh, cool. I’d love that. Thank you bro!

3 Likes

Its a great read, tons of good info

5 Likes

Thought I would put this up. I put 10 ABC seeds in dirt. 9 came up! :slight_smile:

There is also a dragons blood and Hindu kush there

11 Likes

Is that the Dragon’s Blood Hashplant?

2 Likes

Took these pics last night, seems like I’m seeing balls on it but figured I’d get another opinion or 2 especially since it’s an odd strain looks wise to begin with.

8 Likes

Yep, I had a mother last year but lost it when I moved. It was even a bleeder. :frowning:

2 Likes