Absolute Beginner on a Budget

I’m on numerous power strips and depends on what kind of light getting in we are talking about? Just a tad not a PROBLEM but ya you can’t have light because you’ll stay in veg.

1 Like

Well whatever your hoping to get expect 2/3s less then that!! Lol hey who knows maybe you’ll come out of the gates blazin!?!

2 Likes

I had an outdoor grow a few years ago that had 18 plants, but I didn’t scout out the area well enough and it was way too shady and I got a total of 2.5 ounces off of all of them combined lol

1 Like

Ya my point exactly! Lol everyone looks at the breeders info and sees the info and thinks HOLY SHIT I’m gonna be rolling in the Flowers and then it comes to the end and you quickly realize how wrong you where!! Peeps your looking info from PROS!! But my concern here is if he is trying to keep it SIMPLE then he starting to get way off track with living sold, etc…(I know you living soil dudes are gonna say oh it’s mad easy dudes are gonna say oh it’s mad easy) the best thing I’ve found for a ready to rip soil mixture is Bumper Crop and you can add some perlite and your ready to go! It says it’s a SOIL AMENDMENT but it’s not, all organic and has everything in it you’ll need!

2 Likes

I don’t mind mixing up soil, I don’t mind feeding a worm bin. It’s more just the daily work. I don’t have work right now, but when I do I’m not home everyday, or I’m working most of the hours I’m awake. For the most part; as long as I don’t massively fuck up, how bad can it go? If most of them make it to flower I should be happy lol, that’s part of the reason I decided on more smaller plants. I am concerned I don’t have enough light to push a good yield, but honestly just any yield is a good one. And living soil is what the plants secondary caretaker is already familiar with, with other plants. Ultimately I am kinda 50/50 on living soil or a well automated aero/hydro set up. But silicon cost dollar, and that’s just not a reality for a little bit. Once I quit feeding the dispensary $100 a week I’ll have a lot more room to work. First is the rest of my starter build; the tent and what not, but after that I’ll start picking up some LED COBs and light the tent up, until I can support a perpetual grow… very interested in these 24hr light autoflower grows. I always wondered what happens if you gave it as much nutrients and light as it could want, without killing it of course.

But yeah… first grow and second or third are gonna be substantially different. I know, shits janky for this first one, lol, but it’s just a test. I won’t be germinating this week, but next, so they should have a tent up for all but just the first week or two.

1 Like

If you want simple them o wouldn’t go with DWC but that’s just me! Get some Bumper Crop and your ready to rock BRO!! Has everything in it already. Shit I’ll even supply some seeds of you want? Have ever grown or this is the first time?

1 Like

I don’t think peeps realize how time consuming this game is!!? Drives me nuts when I see peeps post bs like BARGAIN GROW and they was there time, our time and you try to explain shit to them like NO SON YOU CAN NOT JUST PUT 3000K LIGHTBULBS OR A CONTRACTOR’S light and grow some flame!! What’s wrong with my plant? 2 MORE WEEKS BRO!! LOL

1 Like

I use to caught up in the fert-racket and quickly realized it’s 90% bs!! I go organic all the way. Actually it’s TEA TIME right about now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Botany is alien to me, I’ve grown grass, that’s about it. No slouch to science; especially electricity. I find I can research all I want, I come with so many ideas and options I stall out and can’t decide. Sometimes you just need someone to say KISS and explain how it’ll be safe lol. I learn well hands on, I imagine I’ll pick up plant care soon. My mom has experience growing flowers in doors, so between the two of us it probably shouldn’t go too bad. I’ll learn what I like, what I want in my grow room. Next time will be way easier lol.

1 Like

Just don’t bite off more then you can chew bro!! Ya see I don’t fuck with electricity what so ever!! I’m more of a domesticated model! Lol if it’s beyond a screwdriver/hammer then I’m not your man.

2 Likes

The tech changes so QUICKLY that the LED of today is tmrws garbage!!

1 Like

I still use single ended magnetic HPS for a reason.

2 Likes

Considering it but you can’t beat the efficiency.

Largely I guess it depends what I see for sale locally, slim pickings right now. But if I see some HPS fixtures for cheap fuck it.

Bookmarked!!!

Here is simple for you bro!! I use the same pots, same water, same everything and have tested my pH once 8yrs ago!! Now gotta remember also that every strain is different so don’t just start with 85 different strains because your gonna be busy enough ALREADY

1 Like

Breeders have stepped up there game with autos but your saving a few days at that and you’ve added some bs ruderalis to mix for no reason at all. I’m just not a fan of autos. Now if it saved you a matter of weeks then ok but it doesn’t. Have you looked at those crazy priced growing “pods” or whatever they are calling them? IDK who hose are geared to but they are mad tiny and not worth the money spent.

2 Likes

Those are great for apartments, just a little guy. I’d be worried about the cats eating it, plus I’d be running 20-30 to keep up demand, lol.

Your gonna run 20-30 plants for your first run??? Your gonna waste a shit ton of energy, effort and DOUGH!! Let’s start with something a lil more manageable bro!! Like 5ish def not 20-30!! Shit bro your getting ahead of yourself but it’s alright we’ve all done it!!

No no no, I was joking; saying I’d need that many of those little grow kits lol.

I’ll be starting 6 plants, 3 strains. 2 gallon pots.
I found some soil that’s very similar to the mix @ReikoX posted, which reminds me, when to I need to amend the soil, when putting into flower?

1 Like

no you ammend it three-four weeks before you use it. Then let it set and finish composting before using it. You use the same soil through veg and flower.

3 Likes