ABushOfKush's Cannabis Adventure - Michigan

Day 38 of flower. Seeing now that a topdress would have been a good idea about a week ago. Strawberry Guava x Black Lime Reserve is really lightening up. Some tweaks to the DIY octos next run but this is pretty good so far.

Bubblegum Chem

Flo x Romulan

Caramelicious

Snake Venom

Strawberry Guava x Black Lime Reserve

Chocolatina

17 Likes

I guess I’ll fill yall in on the small tent shenanigans. The Vineyard x Hillbilly Skunk are pretty to look at. Snake Venom x Hillbilly Skunk are a bit different. Tall girl is touching the light. If that’s what you want that’s what you get!

The Vineyard x Hillbilly Skunk

Snake Venom x Hillbilly Skunk
Other tent with the Blueberry Super Silver Haze and others…

Blueberry Super Silver Haze

Cotton Candy Crunch and Flo x White Widow with BBSSH fem seeds

(Angola Red x Columbian Black) x (Big Detroit Energy x Hillbilly Skunk) she’s a herm on the lower inner nodes but I have stripped those off and will let her ride. Just interested in the smell she’ll make.

Blueberry Super Silver Haze is still maturing the S1 seeds. Starting to get bitchy but it will be alright.

15 Likes

Also @Kavman the Flo x Romulan is just so pretty. Velvety covering of resin.

19 Likes

Wow, looking great!

Heavy duty fruity is such a blast from the past for me!
My buddy used to run it. Had to be 15+ years ago. I ran it a couple times too. Good plant from what I remember.

Pure fruit smell. Is that what yours smells like?

6 Likes

Funky fruit cocktail. You’re the first person I’ve come across that’s heard of it! Very potent and was a huge seller in the black market Lansing MI

6 Likes

Really?! I am surprised nobody’s heard of it. I think it was even in the old “big book of buds” (or whatever it was called), wasn’t it?

Yeah the one I ran was pure fruit. No funk at all. I wish it had funk! No specific fruit. Just kind of that generic fruit (similar to how I’d describe sam skunkman’s old skunk #1). I remember it having big dense buds too if I remember correctly.

I was lucky enough to get to try a lot of different strains back before dispensaries were around. My buddy’s older brother (and the guy who got me into the old General Hydroponics Aeroflo systems) was a full time grower and had a bunch of friends that were hardcore growers. He ran Aeroflo 60’s and one or two of them was always dedicated to new seed varieties. He was always ordering tons of new strains from heaven’s stairway, hemp depot, etc and had friends locally and in Amsterdam that would send him stuff too. So between him and his friends, he always had new strains for us to try.

Eventually I started helping him run one of his spots. So I got to see a lot of different breeders seed varieties up close. Ah man, it makes me nostalgic thinking about it. Man, those were some good times! lol

5 Likes

I’ll tell you right now, you know a lot more than I do! I’m a young guy. A lot of what I grow comes from an 80 year old man that’s my best friend and mentor. Clones he got for black market sale 10+ years ago. All I know is Heavy Duty Fruity was his best seller for years. Very frosty dense flowers with great stacking. Extremely pungent funky fruit smell. Devastatingly potent for those without a heavy tolerance.

I enjoy reading about your past experiences. I think it would be interesting if you see some old varieties in the plants I post in my thread. Unfortunately it’s a lot of newer polyhybrids.

9 Likes

That right there is gold! I’m sure he had a ton of old lines people are missing now.

7 Likes

Unfortunately he was more a grower from trusted clones. He has some old mystery seeds sitting around in pill containers but I’ve not gotten any luck when I try some. Too old and not stored well.

3 Likes

@syzygy so I actually dug out a couple old manual Nikon lenses I forgot I had. The ol’ Canon is back in action. Luckily my thread adapters fit them so I can use the diopter for close focus.

Bubblegum Chem

Flo x Romulan

Snake Venom

Strawberry Guava x Black Lime Reserve

Chocolatina

Caramelicious is in too awkward of a spot to get a shot. She’s in there looking good.

17 Likes

I have heard of it, I was going to buy seeds of it way back when.
I have never smoked any or seen any and you are the only grower I know that grew it.

4 Likes

I guess I should have said he was the first to ever speak up about it. I’m sure T.H. Seeds was on the radar back then. I was probably a small child at the time haha!

5 Likes

Very nice. Just in time too for when flowering starts to really get interesting! Wish my mirrorless had more lens compatibility haha -

2 Likes

What body do you have? Should be able to adapt just about anything onto most mirrorless.

1 Like

Nikon Z5 - I think you need some kind of converter to use old nikon lenses, but maybe that’s just to retain autofocus?

1 Like

Yeah bud you can adapt just about anything you want onto that. The lenses I’m using have no autofocus and no auto aperture. Everything is manual.

Here’s an adapter to the lenses I have

Here’s one to canon EF mount lenses

You could even grab some old medium format glass and adapt that!

1 Like

Interesting, thanks! Does your camera have focus peaking / peaking highlights / focus assist? I just started messing around with manual focus and that feature has been so nice to use.

1 Like

It doesn’t from factory but I have a 3rd party OS on it that can turn on focus peaking. I don’t use that for photos though. I just use the 5x or 10x magnification and click! I’ll admit I’m absurdly lazy with my personal photos these days. A lot of what I do is a super cheap frugal work-around to just buying the right piece of equipment.

2 Likes

The veg jungle is a bit packed. Need it to warm up outside so they can move to the garage!

Caramelicious

20 Likes

High quality budshots of the day

21 Likes