ABushOfKush's Cannabis Adventure - Michigan

Hillbilly Skunk seed plants. Had a male and now I’m left with 3 females.

@Kavman the Motorbreath you gave me. Just been letting her go off to the side. I think it might be time to take clones and reset haha!

17 Likes

Yeah you probably could get a few rips off her lol. How is the Flo 2 looking? You must be getting close to 45 days now.
I lost power this afternoon. Had to bust out the generator. And about an hour later damn power was back on. I really need to have it on a transfer switch or whatever they call that device so it’s already to go. Been losing power at least 3 times a year it seems.

4 Likes

Today is day 42 for the Flo2. Looking scrumptious.

16 Likes

Shitty about the power though. Build yourself a little generator doghouse near the grow and get it set up!

2 Likes

I will do that this year for sure.
Plant looks great dude.

2 Likes

Alright so I’ve cut down the Snake Venom x Hillbilly Skunk to their lowest node for reveg. They will go outside for the summer if they revert.

Letting the Vineyard x Hillbilly Skunk ride for a bit until I get a good smell on them and then will reveg one that interests me also for the summer.

Now one small tent is shut down, once the Blueberry has finished ripening the S1 seeds I will be itching to shut down the other small tent. I think it will be another week of flower. Then a couple weeks to dry. Then I can shuck and send out in two weeks after that…so they’re coming!

The plan after all of this is to focus on some real breeding. I want to take the Hillbilly Skunk seedstock I have and selectively breed it into a population that repeatedly produces the plants I want. It will take me as long as it has to. I want to learn to breed these plants to the point that a pack is as predictable as the vegetable or herb seeds we buy at the store.

Stay tuned to see if I make any progress

16 Likes

Looking good @ABushOfKush ! I haven’t stopped by in a while…everything is going gangbusters! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Looks amazing! I am so jealous! I’m also a Michigander by birth but live out west. Man I miss the green!
Awesome set up.

4 Likes

great work as alyways! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

A couple Snake Venom x Hillbilly Skunk. Towering over the veg area. I really need to get these out in the garage…

13 Likes

Soooooo the grow under the big light has turned out to be a bit disappointing. I overshot the footprint and they just don’t have the intensity they need. Also needed to take off more flower sites. @Kavman you were right on that one. So many variables that have me thinking of a better route next run. The quality is still great. They absolutely stink to high heaven. The yield is shit though.

HeavyDutyFruity

Pineapple Express

Blue Dream

23 Likes

Your plants are looking great, you’ll have a fine harvest.
Yields will come up with a little ‘tuning’, …next time… :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I appreciate the words. The grow is for my mentor and he’s already singing the back to HPS tune for next time…too bad for him. I’m going to give it another go and fix all the issues. Too cold, not enough fresh air coming in the room, light distance was too high, not enough pruning…changes will be made!

6 Likes

Interesting experiment though, using a 1000W LED. Really has me wondering if his specific environment doesn’t lend itself better to HPS growing. We know the HPS will rock a 6x6ft area with an open hood. Same area I’m trying to cover now with the LED and it’s coming up short. I honestly think it’s the bar style light. The spread is awful and you can only grow directly under the fixture.

5 Likes

This round in the tent is actually kind of kicking ass. The Strawberry Guava x Black Lime Reserve has some root issues but is still making it to the finish line. Everyone else is looking exceptional. Wish the Chocolatina was 6in taller but it is what it is. She’s the squat one of the bunch.
Caramelicious

Snake Venom

Flo x Romulan

Strawberry Guava x Black Lime Reserve

Bubblegum Chem F2

Chocolatina

Shut down the other small tent today so the rest of flowering should experience perfect temperatures. Blueberry Super Silver Haze has been cut and is drying with the S1 seeds.

16 Likes

For sure, the environment will definitely favour one fixture over another. My tent is in a 2nd floor bedroom and I’m running a DIY bar style LED. I’m still working with thermal issues.
Now, if I was growing in a basement or garage, the extra thermal load would be a benefit.

One thing about the bar style is the intensity map is the closest to flat
(2~3 x from the corner to center) but you are right, they are best suited to being almost the size of the tent and that makes them a challenge to raise and lower… I think of it as the old geezer limbo when I’m doing it… :smile: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

The tent makes a huge difference. This is sitting near the corner of a 25x15 room in his basement. The reflective walls would benefit greatly. Forgot to add that to the list for next round. Moving the light into a corner and panda film the other two sides. That wall reflection would be huge in this situation. Along with keeping in some of the heat.

8 Likes

Plants look great to me. Well done dude. Yield may not be what you hoped for but when really is it haha. You have seen my room and the mix of LED and HPS I have running. HPS for sure has bigger buds and I can grow bigger plants under them while maintaining bud density in the bottom most branches. But LED fixtures are just more economical. Not to mention they keep getting better as well. I will be converted all LED when my old stuff craps out. But again two nice grows you knocked out. Keep up the good work.

7 Likes

Everything is lookin’ good! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey bud, is this one from Jaws?

3 Likes

Thanks!

It is from jaws

3 Likes