Ac infinity vs mars hydro tent suggestion

I agree my VIVOSUN definitely isn’t of the highest quality. I’ve got the “standard” 2x4x5. Pin holes around some stitching on the flaps, decent zippers at best. I have the high CFM side poles so that takes any racking out of the indisputably thin poles. I think for its flaws and my needs, bang for the buck it’s fine. I may have to address some of the pinholes now that I’m adding the second tent but that’s simple enough.
This new VIVOSUN I ordered is their “pro” version. Poles are supposed to be heavier duty with an unnecessary weight rating of 400 pounds or something, so it’ll be interesting to see and compare it to the peasant version I started with.

Ac infinity was where I was leaning until I saw the company I’ve already had a good experience with offered a tent in the dimension I wanted. All in all, tent, fans, controller, including discount code, ~$140 cheaper than my ac infinity cart

If it sucks, I could find room for a 3rd tent :thinking:

Said I was going with the migro array 4, but I’m going to start another thread here for input and end up taking a hard turn & buy an HPSor solar tunnel

Coupon code “dude” at ac infinity should save you some money

I just checked doesn’t seem dude is valid anymore fyi

AFPODCAST will work for 10%

thanks for that… about to buy a full ACInfinity 2x4 setup to try out a living soil bed / led setup. never tried their tents but heard theyre nice quality. pretty stoked to get her running

2 Likes

I recently faced this same dilemma.
With a massive amount of help from @Ris, I did tons of research when it came down to Mars & AC Infinity. I really want ACI. Plus, their countless fanboys all sound the same.
I did settle on a Mars 2×4 for now, but only for one reason: ACI will not ship discreetly. Mars Hydro does. So take that into consideration.
:wink:
I’d also suggest checking out Ris’ site.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That doesn’t seem 100% true for me anymore. Though previous purchases definitely came with graphics broadcasting what’s in the box.

The last several purchases I made from ACI have come in plain brown boxes. That’s inclusive of oscillating fans, heater, humidifier, and replacement 4” inline fan (upgrading from the first ACI 4” inline fan I bought that doesn’t work with modern automation controllers). Even recent unboxings I’ve seen on IG/youtube appear ACI is folding the boxes for tents such that the graphics are on the inside of the boxes now. I don’t think they guarantee discreet shipping though. But then, even Amazon doesn’t always offer shipping in something other than the manufacturer’s packaging anymore, depending on the size of the item (thinking tents specifically).

2 Likes

This has been my experience with them. Last year got several boxes with the graphics displayed on the outside. Got a couple replacement oscillating fans recently that came double boxed and discrete. Obviously just my experience, not sure what the companies policy is…

I haven’t seen the newer ac infinity tents in person but everyone here seems to love them.
I have a gorilla tent but cant really recommend it over ac infinity unless you; want/need the extra height (it’s nice….), have to hang a bunch of heavy equipment, or need the tent doors to open all the way to corner (makes moving a large tray in/out a little easier.

1 Like

If you end up getting their 2x4, would you mind sharing the inside dimensions of the tent? I would love to see manufacturers make the tents slightly larger to accommodate flood trays and larger beds.

1 Like