Acapulco Gold Repro

Not big! :joy:
They hold less than a gallon, and I started using them because real octopots are too big for my tiny tents!

https://overgrow.com/t/micro-octopot-grow/55869?u=firehead

4 Likes

So these look like a fabric grow bag. Are they different? Very impressive! Talk about a plant that knows how to use nutrients! This is a trait that is worth breeding for. What container am I thinking of that is black plastic with numerous holes in the sides and it looks kind of like an egg crate?

4 Likes

Well, the octopots use a special reservoir beneath the cloth bag. Once the roots hit the res, you never water the soil again. Plants get all water and nutes from the res, and the cloth bag gives the roots all the oxygen they need.

5 Likes

Whaaaaat?!!! They make “earth box” fabric pots???!! I need to get me some of those! Glad you guys mentioned this as i had no idea they existed. Sweeeet!

7 Likes

Just got four 6 gallon octopots in the mail. Gonna give them a try indoors. Well suited to automation.

5 Likes

Joker’s doing a six-plant grow in Octopots right now, if you wanna follow along: StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

He just started it, but I’ve seen some of his other grows using them and they always turn out pretty impressive.

6 Likes

Octopots are the bomb.

2 Likes

Just a look up the skirt of my AG.
:grin::v::green_heart:

Yes the stem is enormous! :flushed:

44 Likes

That’s mighty impressive. Like being in the forest! :+1:

2 Likes

Loving every minute of it! :grin::seedling::v::green_heart:

Dam that’s thick azz fuck. Looking great!!

2 Likes

Its humongous, I like it.:+1:t2:

3 Likes

That photo looks like you snapped it lying on the grass beneath a giant beech tree! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Damn! I have heard it’s all about girth… :joy:

3 Likes

Fantastic photos of your monster AG! That’s a rare and interesting angle.

How’s the bud development looking?

4 Likes

Really hasn’t started yet! :flushed:
I’m scared!! We do have an idea to try to protect it, but DAAAAMN this is going to be into late November!
Still it’s been really pretty to watch grow.
Sent some seeds to a friend in the islands. Told him I’d fly down when his is ready. They don’t get winters… lol
I’ll send a Pic of the top later , when I get back home. :v::green_heart:

10 Likes

Really not seeing definite signs of flowering. Started using powdered coconut to hopefully help it along.
Pictures as promised. :grin:

37 Likes

@lambchopedd think this is a girl what’s your opion in a pot so she can finish inside your babby

20 Likes

You better get that tomato cage ready! :rofl::sweat_smile:
Nice! I hope she yields heavy for you. Looking good!

8 Likes

I zoomed your pic and I think you are already seeing the characteristic pre-flower of your AG plant Bobbi.

Like this first, stacking leaves:

Then, this, white hairs everywhere:

Once those nodes start stacking up like that, white pistils are coming soon. Least that was my experience.

Exciting!

-Grouchy
PS,“Mich gets cold in the Winter” so what’s the plan? Hubby designing a hoop house for 3D-printing?

26 Likes