Acapulco Gold Repro

I’m not worried tbh. This most likely happened stateside as I’ve gotten 4 other letters this month with no issues. I’m also not the only person growing on my street and it’s not like anyone is hurting for flower with the # of legal cannabis shops in my neigbourhood alone.

My neighbour and I grow TREES in our backyards which have no fences and have had no problems over years.

I read the situation as follows:

→ some pathetic shit in USPS seeing a torn envelope with the clearly labelled legendary name of a Cannabis Strain (AP) then decided it was worth risking the effort to steal the vials from the letter, and then opened one vial to then toss in one unknown seed as a “hahaha! Here’s your seed asshole.”, then taped it all back up and then put it back into the system. ←

IF there is a department for fixing damaged mail: this is where the corruption lies is my theory.

I hope all your beans are safe :hugs:

6 Likes

The mail plants are NOTORIOUS for theft, damage, etc etc… I could go on & on with stories. The postal police and Inspectors fucking hate the plants & workers (because they’re so frequently there lol)

Theft within offices is rare (because carriers/clerks are held accountable) — chances are high that the person will be caught & fired; although packages can get “lost” and no disciplinary action will be taken.

3 Likes

I left the post office this morning, and three were returned to me. I sent two out, but one got damaged from the postage-due sticker. I’ll PM you about a replacement shortly.

3 Likes

Also, if you guys have a regular carrier but used a wrong/fake name… vacant address… or something that would look off to your carrier, they may be holding it at the office to see if someone claims it. It’s not a set-up.
Carriers are typically going to try not misdelivering mail.

If you notice a different carrier everyday, or a carrier in non-postal uniform, you have what they call a “CCA” (new employee) — they typically deliver everything; although they’re more likely to fuck up

6 Likes

@lambchopedd

I may live in one of those zips you mentioned. Im actually releived that you got them back. Its a good safe addy. Wonder why they returned. I have missing items from December and possible the fall box tooo! FK!!! Thought these were MIA.
Thanks you again for all your efforts! Who knew growing would be the easy part! Lol

Grow4th!!!

4 Likes

I agree. I’d add that you have to be Careful about washer thickness. They make different sizes. Some are thinner than large seeds and others are very thick and have raised a couple postal workers eyebrows when i used them. If very thick, cut a square out of the center of a piece of( card shaped )cardboard and inlay the coin flip. Add some tape and put it in a card. Make sure it doesn’t require additional postage.

12 Likes

Solid advice @Upstate :+1:

4 Likes

I always get the washer packed ones in the little greeting cards no problems from everyone always.Only one I didn’t get was a pack of Swazi from Rhino.That one I think customs might have pinched I didn’t get a letter yet though either?Shit happens I guess.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Postage-due :roll_eyes:

If one of those zips are you and you didnt receive yours, then it’s already on the way. I can DM tracking once I get back home

3 Likes

Yuppers I second that one…good info

2 Likes

Based in the stamp from Richmond I would say the damage and theft happened somewhere after there at least. Again I am so sorry that there are pieces of shit working in some mail rooms.

2 Likes

Something I do before I send out packages is to run packing tape around length wise and width wise to protect against the envelope tearing.

6 Likes

It tears my soul to have this collateral damage overshadow the magnificent gesture you made in doing this @lambchopedd!

I invite you to look past this, fast forward a month or so and dozens of people are going to be sprouting your rebirth of a noble strain. I’ll be one of them. Jus Sayin.

Anyways, My Seeds Arrived intact and throbbing with latent life. So, accolades Bro and thanks again. :heart_eyes:

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

PS, that beautiful rolling tray is courtesy of @Bobgrows, another of your admirers.

22 Likes

Here’s a quick look at a bunch of Mexicans I have going:

Yellow tags - Oaxacan Gold, Cryptic Labs (repro’ed by @Upstate ) — 021722

Pink Tags - Acapulco Gold, Nierika/ @WoodstockFarmacy (repro’ed by me) — 021722

If there’s any noticeable “trait” I notice about these AGs, it’s their great internodal growth, and weird habit of growing horizontally! That might be something that passes on to future hybrids you guys make, or just a means to increase yields for the enthusiasts.

And a special upcoming repro that I haven’t announced yet… White tags - Heirloom Oaxacan x Central Mexican Green Hashplant, Snowhigh— 030122

These are a Freakers project. I’ll make a post for them one of these days. Right now I need to clean up, put these back in the spots, and water :sweat_smile:

No real plans other than the repro of the OaxMexiHPs, and sinsemilla of the Oaxacans & AGs. Snips will be taken when the time is right; and MAYBE… just maybe I’ll introduce the one (or two) MDS males I still have around for funsies :thinking::man_shrugging:t4:

Upstate did send me more of the Oaxacans so I can seed-increase those for myself much later… but I’m not looking to compromise any of the pure reproductions that I have coming. I’ll worry about hybrids/increases if or when I have empty space that could be filled :v:t4:

43 Likes

Thos all look beautiful. The leaf and growth structures are so nice💚
I can’t wait to see how they turn out.
I hear the Oaxacans will give a great energy boost ! Something I need badly.
So I’m excited for those to finish up for you. You will know how they are much sooner then I will haha. Your about 4 or 5 weeks ahead of me :yum:

7 Likes

Looking good! Indian Landraces have wide growth Habits Like The Acapulco…hmmmm…
The tall Oaxaca also have great branching but it’s mostly upright and doesn’t happen until the flowering stretch. The shorter Oaxacans are much more compact. When I was packing up your special Oaxaca a couple seeds were separated accidentally and my wife found them on the counter. They accidentally fell into some wet paper towels😁

22 Likes

I agree w Happytrees, some real beauties in here, that AG is stacking up nicely. (mine showed up in tact btw, thanks again for preserving and getting these out to all of us, it’s much appreciated @lambchopedd)

And, Oaxacan hashplant, now that ought to be interesting as well! Cheers:)

8 Likes

Coinflips finally came today!

If we already spoke this week, no need to message me again — packages will be in the mail Saturday (I have to buy stamps :sweat_smile:)

To all my Canadian brethren, I suppose you can finally message if you’re still interested. I won’t be able to start shipping yours until Monday :slightly_smiling_face: (I need to go back and re-read how to ship up north)

20 Likes

Wen I sent to @Pigeonman I just threw 2 forever stamps on it and it was golden. Well except for the assholery along the route.

6 Likes

I don’t think you need 2 forever stamps for anything under an ounce from US to Canada, 1 global stamp should be enough. You can buy additional ounce stamps and use them with a global stamp when sending envelopes that weigh over 1 ounce outside the US.

10 Likes