Ace Malawi grow

I thought the ACE Malawi was supposed to be faster! I have some of these I want to run too but now will need to plan on the possibility of a 6 month flower time.

3 Likes

2 of the 3 fem seeds I grew were done around week 17. And maybe could have been pulled sooner.
Personal preference.
Iā€™m pushing this last one just for fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks like that plant is on its own schedule! Maybe itā€™s just a late bloomer. Donā€™t worry, we all have that one friend whoā€™s always fashionably late

2 Likes

I had to mainline and did a lot of super cropping to keep the height in check.
Be prepared for that.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a couple pics of the base of the plant.

13 Likes

And a shot of the ā€˜bicepsā€™ caused from super cropping :muscle:
Malawi is one of the toughest plants Iā€™ve ever grown. I was aggressive with the training and it didnā€™t care one bit.

14 Likes

planning on running Malawi / Panama Red / Malawi x Panama - by the looks of your plants these strains really get BIG - 3by3 space (all 3) ??

2 Likes

agree !!! canā€™t be in a hurry when cultivating sativaā€™s (100%)

1 Like

4x4 tent. Yes 3 plants. Veg was like a jungle.

2 Likes

Thanks ! question answered !!! Smoke report ? is malawi really that strong ?

2 Likes

Still curing. Will be testing soon when my effing chronic covid cough gets better. :unamused:

2 Likes

how many days so far ? 30 day might be a starting place ? 15 day too soon but OK to smoke (a little)

1 Like

Been curing for about 3 weeks so yeah could be smoked now. Better after 6 weeks. :grin:

4 Likes

Try 5-6 months, thatā€™s what I found with some Malawi Gold I ran. Didnā€™t care for the taste, harsh, after a few weeks cure, but now that I have hit the six month mark it has mellowed and a smoother smoke. Maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s cob cured. Let us know how it smokes. :v:

7 Likes

I will try a long cure on this for sure.
I usually like a 3 month cure but this is my first run with Malawi so thanks for that info.
Iā€™ll give smoke reports along the way. :dash:

7 Likes

For a first run, you did very well. Sativas can be a finicky bunch. :grin:

5 Likes

Very similar to the Panama Red Death I grew that bostonbob put together.

I think it could grow forever.

Beautiful looking flowers .

2 Likes

I just popped the only 3 seeds I had of a Malawi Gold. Itā€™s an Afropips cut I was given by a friend from Overgrow (Smilestyle). Most seeds were crushed but I thought not so many. After looking many had cracks in them so I only came up with three seeds. I saw one seed peeking today so Iā€™m stoked.

@Tuned, Iā€™ve read that sativa can benefit from up to a 6 month cure and I agree from my past few NLD grows.

7 Likes

Oh Man! Thank you for this thread! In just a few posts, Iā€™ve already found valuable info here!
I have a package of 6 Malawi regular ACE beans, which I plan to run a flower race, clone them and run an F2 seed race.
I will do it next semester.
I will be following this final harvest and your reports of smoke.
Thank you brother.

2 Likes

Bummer about the crushed seeds @GMan hope the rest pull through.
Im hearing from more than one member about Malawi needing a long cure time. Thanks for that, Im always willing to learn as much as I can.
Have a great grow!

2 Likes