Sourcing: Afropips, via collector community
Purpose: Ganja (bud)
Latitude: 13°S
Height: 2 – 4 metres
Aroma: Floral, tangy, spicy, herbal
Characteristics: Vibrant, euphoric, and long-lasting high
Classification: C. sativa subsp. indica var. indica
Grow Type: Greenhouse or outdoors

This is the original Afropips Malawi Gold heirloom, collected in Malawi several decades ago and reproduced from seeds kindly donated by a collector.

The best Malawi ganja domesticates are equatorial Sativa-type plants renowned for their vibrant, euphoric high and unique flavours. Historically, they’re most closely associated with the Nkhotakota region. Traditionally, flowering tops are made into ‘Malawi cobs’ by wrapping them in corn husks for storage and curing.

According to the original Afropips description, “Malawi Gold is internationally renowned as one of the most potent psychoactive pure African Sativas. Afropips superior first grade Malawi Gold was selected from 10 years experience with top Malawi growers for the spiciest taste & the most psychoactive clean vibrant high. The high is long lasting & has an enjoyable alert mental clarity coupled with a warm pleasant feeling that radiates throughout the body. The unique tropical & luxuriant spicy Sativa up high can be attributed to the presence of THCV in this early cultivated strain.”

Ukhrul
Description
Genetics: Naga Manipuri Domesticate (“Landrace”)
Sourcing: The Real Seed Company, Ukhrul, Manipur, Northeast India, 2020
Purpose: Ganja (seedless or lightly seeded buds)
Latitude: 25° N
Regional Harvest: December to January
Height: 2 – 5 metres
Characteristics: Intense aromas, mango, cherry, Sativa-type architecture, purple variants, energising
Classification: C. sativa subsp. indica var. himalayensis x C. sativa subsp. indica var. indica
Grow Type: Greenhouse or outdoors

A Sativa-type ganja domesticate employed by Naga communities in the highlands of Ukhrul, Manipur for commercial production.

Fields in the Ukhrul region are grown on a very large scale. Most cultivation occurs in the border highlands near Burma (Myanmar), but for the urban markets of India and Bangladesh. Buds are typically allowed by farmers to be heavily seeded.

Despite this crude cultivation method, the Ukhrul strain has definite potential. An experienced grower in the West familiar with modern hybrids such as Haze described the Ukhrul strain as “very strong Sativa smoke, energising, mildly trippy, comes over in waves…. my favourite landrace to-date.” Another noted the “mango, flower, and fruity syrup aroma—a pure delight.”

Traditionally, Cannabis is not a household crop of the Naga, unlike their neighbours such as the Meitei and Bengalis. Naga communities appear to have begun cultivating ganja comparitively recently, in response to increased demand from lowland Indian communities during nineteenth-century economic expansion into Assam.

Compared to Bengali or Manipuri ganja, the crude Naga ganja was thought by the ninteenth-century British to be a “jungle product”. There is a degree of truth to this, in so far as Naga farmers are said to sometimes allow stands of ruderal Cannabis to naturalize in the highlands. By comparison, the more sophisticated methods employed by Meitei ganja farmers would not allow weedy populations to affect cultivated crops. That said, if some Naga fields are crop–weed complexes, this may explain their hardiness and diversity.

Cultivated at over 2500 metres, this Parvati strain is well adapted to extremes of weather such as intense rain, cold, and wind. It should cope well outdoors in damp northern regions, where it has been reported to withstand rain, damp, and wind.

Modern hybrids were introduced to the Kullu–Parvati region at least as early as the 1980s. Populations in Parvati are increasingly affected by tourists bringing seeds to farmers. Contamination is likely to have resulted in a number of plants showing ‘skunky’ terpenes and hybrid-like leaflets. Collectors are advised that authenticity cannot be guaranteed. Equally, this problem will only worsen, so it’s advisable to acquire seeds sooner rather than later. Note that broad leaflets during seedling stage are characteristic of traditional Himalayan domesticates

Wild Thai
A pure strain from the Ko Chang archipelago in Thailand, her THC levels are among the highest in the world. She’s highly prized by Thai growers who smuggle her into Bangkok despite the severity of the country’s penal system. This strain’s value derives from it being the result of continual interbreeding using the best examples of this Thai Ko Chang lineage undertaken over many years by the area’s expert growers; local inhabitants who have been cultivating it for generations.

She’s one of Thailand’s most productive strains and has a relatively short flowering cycle for a pure Thai Sativa. Very vigorous, sometimes uncontrollable growth. If grown in a pot, leave plenty of room for the root zone to develop for optimum yields. Like the authentic Thai she is, her taste and smell will bring Asia to your palate while her effect will spirit you away to the indescribable temples of Bangkok.

This is a cannabis plant with very high THC content. Highly valued by Asian growers for production and resistance to pests. Its powerful Sativa genetic and sweet taste, you will travel to the heart of Bangkok. THC Level: 22.3% measured upon the rest of cannabinoids.(taking an account THCV too), 9.7 % measured upon the rest of organic substances belonging to buds like: aminoacids, sugars, terpenoids, vegetal hormones, and cannabinoids (determined by gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry)

36 Likes

Best of luck man, gonna hang out and watch. Love me some Sativa.

4 Likes

I’ll sure watch this! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Awesome. Happy growing

2 Likes

I will be watching. :+1:

1 Like

I’m on sativa watch :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nothing but good vibes for you, Bro. This will fill up quick, so I’m claiming that far right corner. Best of luck to ya, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m climbing on board for this one. Some very interesting Landrace strains. My interest is starting to lean towards trying some of the sativa’s and Im going to get educated right here. Going to be a long ride but I don’t get saddle sore, good luck, can’t wait to see them finished

1 Like

This should be exciting, good luck with the project!

1 Like

I will be watching too! Those are some cool genetics to both preserve and build with/from.
Psyched to see both the Ukhrul and the Malawi Gold run. Recently watched a video on hand rubbing Charas, but I get the feeling it would take a field of plants bred specifically for this, like in the Himalaya, to get any real quantity of Charas.

1 Like

Oh there will be dry sieve hash from the sugar leaf. Maybe not quantity but I was always a fan of quality.

1 Like

After 18 hours in the water into there next home at a constant 78%

Uploading: PXL_20210423_001253273.jpg…

6 Likes

I enjoyed the results from the manifolding expirements I did earlier this year. I will be spending the time on all 19 plants in hopes of containing them a bit good news I have 6 feet of head room so let the games begin.

2 Likes

Can’t tell you how excited I am about this!!! 3 out of the 6 Malawi Gold are already going

7 Likes

Five of the Malawi Gold are up and look healthy. There current home is a bit cramped but I only have about a week maybe two before the hardening off process starts for the Veggies

8 Likes

Sweet ! Good luck on them. Should be fun to watch how it all progresses fo sho

1 Like

4 of the Ukhrul are up and looking healthy.

3 Likes

One more Ukhrul up and going. 5 Ukhrul and 5 Malawi I am ok with that

8 Likes

So it looks like Parvati didn’t pop but they were free seeds so I am not concerned. I did order Wild Thai a few days ago. When they show up they will join the party.

4 Likes

One week in the are looking good.

9 Likes