Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Tom is back from the hill in good shape, maybe we will have more in depth comments about it.

In breeding the 5% stat exist quite accurately, but with herms. The practical sequence is a bit complicated to expose but when latent herms dominate a line, it’s the rate of stabilization you can expect in the reverse sense. In a first time the effects are much more visible on naturally triggered herms (that still latent initially), then it’s lifted slowly with the rate of hardening of the progeny. I don’t think it’s correlated, just a coincidence and an opportunity to share a fun fact about latent herms screening.

Now let’s speak about the ancestral 10bag first. At first i’ve to clearly say that this habit in retailing seed come from an era of a very different standard of quality. I’m considering that today the standard should be more around the 20-30 range (same price) considering the lowered standard in everything. The gap look like picky in number of seeds, but it express for me a 200%-300% lowered grade. This is for the experienced drift on dutch pillars of modern cannabis, from their respective motherships. I don’t care about the exceptions of little label, parrot’s trends etc… breeding is a little aquarium since the start and i don’t really care about the folkloric side of the green industry; even if in rares cases it can be entertaining. The fake GHS-NICE war was fascinating to follow in real time on ICM by example, a true masterpiece of AstroTurf.

As crazy than it sound a 10bag is quite representative of the pressure applied to a line, in being the favored format since age for retailing. I hate “tolerance building” freebies, “more seeds - lower prices” is the first bug to correct imho Even if it’s not official in any way, i consider OG as a symptomatic expression of it. So contextually and by definition, we are initially more in a place where a kind of collective around the “THH” can be made and find all its legitimacy. Than any other context ^^

The 50bag / the 100bag / the 1K bag / the Kilog bag, no matter the scale, it’s a generally a “breeding pack” you expect when you want to extract what you need or start to maintain something also. It sound like work to me. And it’s typically the case and the transparent speech on it. Pushing poach at three digits here don’t have much sense for me at first glance, at short term and at long term.

Now, restricted strictly on the “5%”. Tom don’t even enter in count in the equation, it’s a statement on a line he spread. But it’s not rocket science to deal with it.

When a line only offer a quarter of good expression (overall), 25%, you’re starting to speak about a recessive line doomed to disappear mechanically. At the moment this line still produced exactly at this state (with the exact same pairing), it stay a valuable bet. The day she take one generation, the rate and the intensity of the said expression take a hit.

Tom was always lefty as a salesman ^^ but clearly state on a “5% remnants” is officially distributing a dead horse to beat. I don’t believe one second this ratio with the perspective that offer 100 seeds, multiple valuable parallel lines can be made without any outcrosses. I know only the stolen blue cut of the OH1, but i’m quite straight in my boot in saying this.

I think it’s more said like the usual 1K seeds offer of US nursery : “i consider that you can sell 5% of what you will get”. But as usual, said very lefty ^^

If you want to enter in details, let’s export this on the losted island to don’t drown the thread.

5 Likes