Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Tom is back from the hill in good shape, maybe we will have more in depth comments about it.

In breeding the 5% stat exist quite accurately, but with herms. The practical sequence is a bit complicated to expose but when latent herms dominate a line, it’s the rate of stabilization you can expect in the reverse sense. In a first time the effects are much more visible on naturally triggered herms (that still latent initially), then it’s lifted slowly with the rate of hardening of the progeny. I don’t think it’s correlated, just a coincidence and an opportunity to share a fun fact about latent herms screening.

Now let’s speak about the ancestral 10bag first. At first i’ve to clearly say that this habit in retailing seed come from an era of a very different standard of quality. I’m considering that today the standard should be more around the 20-30 range (same price) considering the lowered standard in everything. The gap look like picky in number of seeds, but it express for me a 200%-300% lowered grade. This is for the experienced drift on dutch pillars of modern cannabis, from their respective motherships. I don’t care about the exceptions of little label, parrot’s trends etc… breeding is a little aquarium since the start and i don’t really care about the folkloric side of the green industry; even if in rares cases it can be entertaining. The fake GHS-NICE war was fascinating to follow in real time on ICM by example, a true masterpiece of AstroTurf.

As crazy than it sound a 10bag is quite representative of the pressure applied to a line, in being the favored format since age for retailing. I hate “tolerance building” freebies, “more seeds - lower prices” is the first bug to correct imho Even if it’s not official in any way, i consider OG as a symptomatic expression of it. So contextually and by definition, we are initially more in a place where a kind of collective around the “THH” can be made and find all its legitimacy. Than any other context ^^

The 50bag / the 100bag / the 1K bag / the Kilog bag, no matter the scale, it’s a generally a “breeding pack” you expect when you want to extract what you need or start to maintain something also. It sound like work to me. And it’s typically the case and the transparent speech on it. Pushing poach at three digits here don’t have much sense for me at first glance, at short term and at long term.

Now, restricted strictly on the “5%”. Tom don’t even enter in count in the equation, it’s a statement on a line he spread. But it’s not rocket science to deal with it.

When a line only offer a quarter of good expression (overall), 25%, you’re starting to speak about a recessive line doomed to disappear mechanically. At the moment this line still produced exactly at this state (with the exact same pairing), it stay a valuable bet. The day she take one generation, the rate and the intensity of the said expression take a hit.

Tom was always lefty as a salesman ^^ but clearly state on a “5% remnants” is officially distributing a dead horse to beat. I don’t believe one second this ratio with the perspective that offer 100 seeds, multiple valuable parallel lines can be made without any outcrosses. I know only the stolen blue cut of the OH1, but i’m quite straight in my boot in saying this.

I think it’s more said like the usual 1K seeds offer of US nursery : “i consider that you can sell 5% of what you will get”. But as usual, said very lefty ^^

If you want to enter in details, let’s export this on the losted island to don’t drown the thread.

5 Likes

Sup OGs this my first post to the new forum. Not gonna mention my old OG handle.
But i do wanna talk haze. Pre-dutch, pre-asian, pre-sam, pre-tom, pre-bullshit!
Lombo is haze i knew as a kid. Just pure S.American incenses grown in California.
Before anyone attached their own name to the plant !

It has never given me paranoia nor jitters.
I was born where HellsAngels were founded so of course I had my fair share of original recipe meth. Now that was jittery.

I’m not interested in hunting/buying thh but i would definitely run strays cut if i can acquire it.
Does anyone have experience with strays selection of thh ?

6 Likes

For me Haze does give you the Look Out The Window moments Tom mentioned. For me once that part settles it’s like all my senses are on super hero type shit. If I’m around people I’m to caught up in the sounds,sights and smells. They are so acute people think I’m hearing things until we get close enough to the source for them to hear it. Meanwhile I’ve been hearing it blocks away. That shit a have you looking at shit as if you can see the molecules it’s are made of. Food never tasted so good

5 Likes

19 Likes

growing some right now. beautiful plants.

2 Likes

My beloved cat fucked up with my novelty haze hybrid ,:+1::relaxed:

Someone gotta make the summer

Good vibes

6 Likes

mango haze x z99 at 8 weeks of flowering,
grown by a mate…

46 Likes

Ooowee I’ve got some of those! :wink: Can’t wait until i can get those in soil!

5 Likes

hi wally :wink: can’t wait to dig into those beans you just send over *woot *
i did share half the packs with hyp3rids. thank you a
TON for this really exciting influx in sativa-dominant variations (!!)

(btw, what generation is the z99?)

i remember growing those (z99 F2a x c99) about eight years back.
they were really good and had some of the most unique tastes/smells
i ever came across, fast flowers and big yields too *njom *

9 Likes

There’s a big high-end market/demand in East Coast cities and it’s growing. People have definitely caught on that most popular hype strains and all rec dispensary weed are mids. Once affulent consumers realize that the products available to them are medicore, and there are better craft options out there, it’s off to the races. They’ll go far out of their way and pay big prices to access it, look at wine, coffee, ethnic food, etc. etc. etc. Plus Sativa has a fantastic story to sell it, which is a huge plus to these people. Exotic provenance, exotic and rare highs and smells—the 15 weeks aspect actually becomes a selling point, like “it’s so rare and good it takes 15 weeks to grow rather than 9, that’s why it’s $500/ounce.” People will absolutely pay it, as as the market gets more saturated with garbage, it’ll only get more common. Nothing sells like artisan spin

16 Likes

You wrong for posting that, knowing damn well we ain’t gonna get to smoke none. Naw really tho that shit looks awesome👍

4 Likes

I’ll post something ugly to counter.

I think the 1970s domestic seedstock I use for destructive nutrient trials must be Haze. As I’m told it’s not Haze if it finishes in 8 weeks so everything over 8 weeks = haze?

Do any of these look like Haze [with calphos deficiency]? Having a hard time telling what a Haze is when the name tag got lost 50 something years ago. They grow alot taller than 8 week seedbank Hazes and yield multiple lbs per Sq ft when brought to 11-12 weeks.

Shoulda started a seed bank instead of dedicating my life to studying nutritional factors determining medicinal values of Cannabis. That way people could pay to tell me whether my weed is Haze or not. But then I’d never learnt why dispo weed sucks (it’s the nutes).

16 Likes

English isn’t my first languaje
So you got that plant from 50 years old or something like that?

What is called pure Haze has a flowering period from 16 to 24 weeks.

3 Likes

Ace’s Super MALAWI Haze was the shortest flowering most potent Haze type high in a hybridized Haze.
Although as stated before Johnny Blaze is favorite amongst the ones I grew. Some of this is attributed to the Shorter flowering time and massive colas and good yields

1 Like

A lot seem to get 14 weeks now.

3 Likes

Oldtimer’s Haze can go to 24 weeks, Posi Haze 16 weeks and Nevil’s Haze 14 weeks.

3 Likes

The Ot1 Haze isn’t Haze its not related to what Sam took to Holland mite be a great sativa but its not Haze.

Posi Haze can go 14 weeks but it can also go up to 20 weeks i am starting to think a lot of shorter flowering types are more the result of selection threw the years than a true reflection of the line the same can be said for the current OHaze.

Old Nevils Haze F1s flowered around the 20 week mark some over my F2s and F3s are all 19 week plus still.

4 Likes

Most welcome San, least I can do for someone who is so generous to the whole scene/community,
Enjoy the new flavours buddy…

oh the z99 is either f4 or 5 , i have both and cant recall which i sent ,
more likely the f5 as im trying to save the 4 for some further selection …

12 Likes

When you do only open polinations the faster genes will become dominant that is why the 2023 hyped Hazes from neophytes are quicker and more compact than NL and Skunk hybrids from 1998 . If there was selection there would be selected keepers or motherplants somewhere but they are nowhere or we would have noticed it…

3 Likes