Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

anyway, sorry for disrupting. heres a pic of Bodhis Temple (v1) - with some haze on it… hopefully.

22 Likes

th has explained his behavior before and tbh it seems if he lets loose at you its kinda a show of respect
his behavior is a perfect advertisement for the product, people are chasing a high in his line that makes you lose self control
i dont really like those i like the spacey type haze so id probably enjoy your line more personally
but market shows value and that THH type pheno has been the most expensive bud for decades and decades

4 Likes

I like Tom and i may not agree with him on some things but we have always had a mutual respect and being honest can come across as harsh at times.

I love Nevils Haze and i went with it and focused on that Haze line but in all honesty if i had to pick a Haze today it would be Toms.

Why do i say that well simple if you look back on the OHaze that was being grown out 20 or more years ago to what is being grown out now they look completely different and they even flowered longer to what is being grown today.

All Haze grown today were like it or not grown and breed in Holland and indoors.

4 Likes

Bottom line is you are either growing a pure Haze or a hybrid. But don’t fool yourself into thinking you have a real Haze when it’s actually a haze hybrid.

4 Likes

Haze is and always was a hybrid and it changed from its original conception as a F1 hybrid in the 60s year by year so what do we call a pure Haze now a Poly Hybrid ?

6 Likes

Yeah well I’ve got this “spirit weed” project and I’ve got a time machine! :slight_smile: So there’s that and I’ve been hanging around here long enough I’ve got a pretty damn good map :slight_smile: and when I’m getting close and when I’m finished I’ll pass some seeds around and y’all can tell me how I did Maha and Tom will probably get the first packs as long as they will grow them out and not let them collect dust in a drawer somewhere :slight_smile: lol

5 Likes

The original haze would probably be called. Purple Colombian x Mexican x Thai x South Indian

Anything else added to that mix after that point to me would be called a Haze hybrid

2 Likes

I refuse to participate in your nonsense. Haze has a well documented history

1 Like

Wasn’t there a meme about this?

“Bill sees something he doesn’t like on the internet, Bill is smart, Bill moves on”

Lol found it

26 Likes

The first Haze was was a 2 way cross then they crossed it to a different line making it a three way cross and on it went.

The original Haze seed Nevil bought from Sam were all different batches the first Nevil germinated produced one plant a female that resembled a Thai that is the plant he never took a clone from and regretted it.

Nevil also found a 10 week haze in a different batch that was clearly an indica dominant type so no Haze was not all made up of pure sativas and varied greatly year to year batch to batch.

The Haze story has also changed over the years.

6 Likes

Oh, I understand. got nothing against him, if anything its made me curious - thus one of the reasons im going thru this thread.

hes essentially a funny infomercial. like getting schooled on diabetes by a coke ad.

5 Likes

or like getting schooled on meth by walter white lol

on purity its funny from indica lovers pov though, id rather try a steve murphy x deep chunk than either alone. to each their own though.

6 Likes

I guess what I’m saying is it doesn’t really matter what the actual genetics were in those mostly Sativa seeds Sam passed around. What’s important is they stay pure and not get diluted or crossed then passed around and mislabeled as Haze

2 Likes

The Haze has already changed if you compare just O-Haze sold by the Flying Dutchman over 20 years ago to what is being called OHaze now.

I agree with you about calling something unrelated to Haze a Haze,

2 Likes

Flying Dutchman Haze is half skunk #1
From my research Sam peddled his haze seeds to several Dutch seed companies. And there was a varying degree of success between them reproducing it. Some were just able to make hybrids and a few reproduced males and females of Sams haze seeds. Those are the ones you want. It’s very simple to understand.

5 Likes

so if you cross it back a parent its no longer haze?

1 Like

If you knew what the parents were and actually had one available then yeah you could call it technically a haze

3 Likes

im sure an attempt at sourcing beans from those places and crossing them have been tried (x mexi, x columbian, x thai)
are there any that stand out as being very close to a representation or just superior than the rest?

3 Likes

Actually I think I might be on to something with one of my Thai backcrosses. It’s still very much Haze so that might be a big part of it. Also I did a purple haze S1 and I’m chasing what I think is a Mexican pheno in there

3 Likes

No the Flying Dutchman sold OHaze the SSSC had the Haze Sk1

2 Likes