Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

You bring up some that I think is quite important to touch on. If selected in the early to mid 60’s or around there, that would have been some of the last reflections of traditional cannabis that has been selected by man for mellenia. Pre indoor horticultural lamps.

All the genetics that ended up there were likely cherished to some degree. Honed by a human touch for a given effect over the course of centuries. Without being preoccupied by our current lifestyle either, no TV, not many distractions. Some doing so while deprived of even the most basic needs. I speculate there were true masters of this craft back in the day and the turn of the century sort of shook things up with the 70’s being the last reflections of that ancient work man has been doing with cannabis for mellenia. Much love

4 Likes

Poster and haze brothers are probably Sam’s creation…
Over the years I understood that there were different “hazes” around, as well as different “skunks”, Sam took his version, or that of his group, and put the adjective “original”…
I saw Bigherb make a crazy effort to understand the truth, the problem is that he had to rely on what Sam said (and which is in fact Sam’s truth).I don’t think “the authorized ones” had a recognition poster or anything else, it would be too dangerous for legal purposes, most likely the truth is simpler than a thousand fairy tales: there were groups of Hippies who met in groups, “brotherhoods”, and had access to higher quality herbs than the commercial average,given that at the time most of the ganjah had seeds, they kept the seeds of the best varieties to have a personal supply, in a limited circle; the rest seems like just stories to me, from the exaggerated prices to the fact that they passed the harvest to remove the seeds and all the rest…

8 Likes

My question was it was used in teas or drinks, when was it being used in thc form or burnt to rid the acid side of it I mean. Indica = India so… tropical? Yes marketing and such good point!

2 Likes

Like this?

10 Likes

Early 1980 Haze calendar

23 Likes

I found this online says from 1977

19 Likes

This is the faster flowering A78 X P420.

17 Likes

Strictly speaking I think it would be called a composite? I don’t think poly hybrid is a thing outside weed circles, but then in the end it’s been through so many hands for so many years that it’s like trying to argue about who invented shoes lol. Without a record of lineage it could have anything in it, and does it really matter🤷‍♂️

3 Likes

The only thing that matters at the end of each grow is how it smokes the rest is meaningless.

The fact the Haze story has changed so much over the years now for me it the story no longer matters.

What people should be focused on now is what we have left of Haze and how we can preserve what is left of it.

12 Likes

The number of people really interested to set preservation programs with decent methodology is vanishing with the memory that seeds are living materials, not pokemon cards. Salty, but frank.

11 Likes

This is why I 100% support uncovering the full cannabis genome. DNA does not lie and lineage will be truthful.

Exactly. I’d also like to see the genome of whatever is left of Haze is mapped.

5 Likes

I would assume this would be done via mitochondrial dna, which will only map the female side? I would guess that reverse engineering ‘pedigree’ would probably only tell half the story unless there is some funky system that I don’t know about, which is of course entirely possible :rofl:

1 Like

No, a full mapping of the entire genome. Plant mtDNA is not that useful and does not tell us enough.

3 Likes

A high-quality reference genome of wild Cannabis sativa | Horticulture Research ← interesting

Purple Kush (on it right now)

3 Likes

My issue with using DNA to investigate the make up of Haze is what base line reference Point they using to identify its a Thai or Colombian to begin with.

I go by my instincts experiences of smoking and growing Thais / Colombians no machine no test is going to know what a Thai or even a old School Colombian smokes like.

7 Likes

So true. You can obtain a narrowed chemotype around a specific part of the hybrid, but produced by a plant entirely leaded by another DNA dominance (on vital functions).

3 Likes

Haze is Haze like Blueberry is Blueberry. What is more Blueberry? Blueberry hybrid seeds with 50-100% phenos that are Blueberry? Or Blueberry F10 reproductions with 0-5% Blueberry?

2 Likes

Y Griega (Amnesia Haze x Kali Mist)…stacked hard with frosty spears. Got high on this shit and had some awesome hikes, made faraway sounds seem close and had the sharpest vision, crazy yield of this plant in a 45 gal.

49 Likes

@ColaCalyx looks very good!

3 Likes

Yumm Yumm! Hope it is a good one brother!

1 Like