Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

You mean longer flowering time doesn’t translate to better smoke? Could be. I grew their Golden Tiger V3. The pheno I grew was finished before day 60 and was pretty damn good.

1 Like

Better is subjective. The longer flowering stuff is very different. I like it.

I also grew the Nepal Jam which is super quick.

6 Likes

Karel’s Haze cannabinoid and terpene analysis

6 Likes

ahh yep ,
i have a similar problem with short days ,
its known locally full blown sativas are 5 to 6 months from seed to harvest here ,
as long as its the right time of year ,
we try to plant them with this in mind , to avoid rains , poor weather ,
and hopefully finish around the beginnings of winter for us ,
most hybrids are only 12 to 16 weeks from seed to harvest …

at least we dont have to flower sativas for 20 plus weeks like it seems happens indoors with a lot of those sorts ,
im sure some of that has to do with availability to extra nutrients , some folks sativas grown indoors look like they are “running” to me , confused between reveg and flowering ,
there are examples of that in this thread ,
we generally dont see that outdoors here as long as we grow at the right time of year …

14 Likes

Yes I run the nutes at 1.2 EC for the tropicals and some Pakis, most think that is too low but it works really well and not a lot of competition for the secondary or tertiary nutrients. The plants will tell you when to bump the food and when to change the ratios if something is demanding it and remember on the next run. Yes the ones I have outside will run probably up till November which will be about the time for frost to visit but hard to tell.
Yes I think a longer flowering Paki couldn’t hurt? Some say it might change something in it and it might but don’t know till you try and if the oportunity presents itself.

4 Likes

I once had a short grow closet and a fast-growing Chick Magnet. The closet was short, but it was also wide. I had to put it in the middle and drag branches down on both sides. It looked like a spider. Then the center even filled in pretty well.

3 Likes

sounds like a wicked plant. was thinking the last move could be to top it and pin it in the middle, and put it dead center under the light if they arent bars and see how big the final node grows… if it already filled the center out then maybe unnecessary.

my other idea to try to keep stretch down was to plant the seed directly into an octo/micro/auto pot. i read something about long single tap roots creating bushier plants, dont remember where, regardless my tent too small.

3 Likes

I’ve done the curly plant thing before. You end up needing to remove every branch on the inside of the circle. And you run out of road quickly. Imagine a 5 gallon pail, say the diameter is 12”, that means the circumference is only like 37 inches. So if your plant would grow to more than 3 feet tall, it is already running into itself. And if the strains response to the heavy pruning of branches makes it start to shoot out growth like crazy, you’re gonna be in trouble. I thought about doing a helix, but decided killing plants the normal way was fine and moved on.

8 Likes

Was it one of these pure sativas? I could see with a broad leafed plant it becoming insane with the fans getting huge etc but a super thin leafed lanky girl I just thought the canopy might fill out just right

5 Likes

It was not.
But think about all the branches from one side of any plant trying to occupy the area the size of the top of a pail. Maybe if you were in a ridiculous huge container, but even still. If you had a container with a 4ft diameter the branches could only get 2ft long before they started to overlap.

2 Likes

A sativa dont have large broad leaf Shade.

If you dont have the space or time to grow out a sativa or a heavy sat hybrid then my suggestion would be look at something like Kali mist or similar type of line.

You can ether place a rooted clone of a sativa into flower or you can reduce lights on to control the stretch and size of the plant or plants or you can look for a KM type hybrid .

A selected KM will give you the sativa high your after but with a manageable faster flower.

4 Likes

@potpotpot I appreciate you laying all of that out. I guess if I were stubborn with the idea should focus on removing inner growth and doing so at a slower rate maybe?

@hempy i enjoy the hybrid but the testing period to find the keeper would be painful. As time passes I start to think Tom uses his racy pheno as an upper version of shroom therapy or something. Like natives do and just wash all the bad shit out in a controlled environment. That sounds intriguing to me right now.

3 Likes

Buying a known sativa clone is definitely a time saver!

2 Likes

Unless you have a friend that can share a selected clone of a hybrid that has a good sativa affect then your only option left is to run seed and select for it your self.

I ran the early 96 KM my self and ended up with a female no taller than 3ft what shocked me about the KM was its affect it was like smoking a good Thai.

She looked like this not my pic.

There are options.

20 Likes

Can get clones or rosin with great clean effects, my point is like Tom was clowning on me for dabbing piff for my wake and bake and so I want the real shit not the lumbo to see for myself what kind of therapy dude is getting from it.

1 Like

I can’t tell you for a fact that the super duper heather green Thai he talks about is that intense but I can tell you that all the other sativas aren’t. That’s all I’m saying.

1 Like

I keep reading lumbo shit now i love Thai and have for over 4 decades now but an old school Colombian will bitch slap you hard so i am a little confused why some think Colombians are some what inferea their not.

They just have a different type of high.

Thais have the long build up to their high that people refer to as a creeper high Colombians tend not to.

All Thai plants are green.

6 Likes

I agree whole heartedly that Colombian and piff are 70s rich kid stoner caddy shack weed. That’s the reason I smoke them before I have to deal with people who are too serious.

Had hybrids that made me hear things had a few in Cali 20 years ago that id consider close to a kind of cocaine high had all kinds of ones maybe you could call intense but most not enjoyable.

5 Likes

I grow a mix of hybrids and landrace-derived stuff I’m working on. I make hash oil or extracts from the stuff that doesn’t make the grade, and always have the hybrids to fall back on. So far, I’m still looking but for the past year I’m able to have more smoke than we use…

5 Likes

5 Likes