Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Look into Doc D and his work with the A5Mirakel bx male. Plenty of 10-14 week plants in there. He makes some great haze hybrids

8 Likes

Nl5xHaze is a classic.

Comes in many names. The piff, the cough, Consumption, etc… super silver haze is good too.

Mind you, it’s not going to be the Haze Tom and others are talking about. Never tried it myself, but if it’s everything they say it is, a good haze sounds like a grail to me.

Akbb and Professor P have some good crosses.

4 Likes

Yeah I really want to try Docs work. I missed the ball when he was still in the US though. Have you grown any of his stuff out?

1 Like

Still available & plenty around if you look . Start with Headie Gardens & Great Lakes Genetics .

1 Like

I do believe it was mentioned in the Doc D thread that he is coming back from Mexico. :crossed_fingers: the email list is resurrected!

3 Likes

I just can’t justify it right now with so many beans burning holes in my stash waiting to be sprouted.

Trying to swear off buying any beans for a year at least.

@Emeraldgreen Great to hear!

3 Likes

Definitely a must stop in Amsterdam - been there a bunch of times.

From this summer :wink:

11 Likes

I would have to agree with some of this UHN.

The clones getting around called 5HzA are in fact 5HzC and the 5HzC is to the Colombian side were the real HzA that Nevil lost before commercial quantities of seed could be made and the 5HzA is to the Thai.

50% Haze lines can take 20 weeks to flower so it really depends a lot on the genetics.

People could also look at Mr Nice as Shantis used Nevils work for over 2 decades now were others have not.

4 Likes

Mango Haze F2s i made from the original test seed 50% Haze.

These can take up to 20 weeks but some starting around 16 weeks and they throw to ether side of the Haze ancestry (HzA/HzC) one of my favorite lines.

One plant from the offspring of Queeny and Hazey the Male.

32 Likes

White Truffle x A5 haze bx x Mac) x Appalachian Super Skunk. Mostly Musky terps. This project is pushing out mainly Chem/OG type plants These are 2 of the keepers I found. I’ll pick the best after I smoke some of both. 2nd pheno out yields the 1st pheno. 2nd pheno will need 90 days or more?.. 1st pheno might be a bit better going off the terps alone. I won’t know until I smoke them.

A78 X p420 AT 75 DAYS

21 Likes

Their Mexican Haze is excellent !

2 Likes

Nevile’s Haze x C5 mango at day 35. This is from Wally stock, selected. By Star Crash.

23 Likes

Yes I have. I’ve grown a few of his modern hybrids x A5Tbx , the Afpak stuff isn’t haze but it has some kind effects. And I hold his bandaid haze 7 and a couple of bandaid haze Ix 3.0 cuts found by Nobody’s Nursery.

He’s set to make a return soon so banks should be plenty restocked next year

8 Likes

Nevil stated that ”there were a number of NL5xHzA female cuttings” passed out (to people) and that ”#2 was the better of the two”. He also stated that ”There are a number of HzA daughter cuts still alive” and he also listed those that was to his knowledge namely NL5HzA, G13HzA, HPHzA and SKHzA.

5 Likes

The Haze hybrids sold by The Seed Bank (of Holland) were brought to the cannabis seed buying masses in the 1988 catalogue for the first time where a female Northern Lights #1 crossed to the Haze C male. All the commercially sold Haze hybrids released by The Seed Bank were made with the Haze C male as sadly the Haze A male died before any commercial quantities of seeds were made.

Interesting notes.

Nevil sometimes denoted his hybrids putting the male first and the female second as in the 1988 catalogue where he sold ”Haze x Northern Lights #1” which has been misinterpreted by some as a Haze hybrid using a Haze female but it was also done with the Haze C male according to Nevil. Haze Females were not used to produce commercial quantities of seeds.

In the 1988 catalogue it states that the Haze seeds used to create the hybrids was due to Nevil ”managed to salvage a few viable seeds from the last crop grown in America”.

5 Likes

In the 1989 The Seed Bank catalogue the famous Haze hybrid to Northern Lights #5 which of course also was done using the Haze C male.

Interesting notes:

in 1989 another famous Haze hybrid was released under the name ”Haze x EP.SK#1.NL#5” which would later be named Silver Pearl Haze and later when Sensi Seed Bank ”took over” the hybrid it would be called Silver Haze.

Also in the 1989 catalogue the information that the Haze used were salvaged from the last crop of Haze grown in America.

This is also the catalogue (1989) when a note of warning was put under the NL5 x Haze hybrid that inexperienced smokers, especially when combined with alcohol, this hybrid could experience ”adverse effects”. Some of the adverse effects listed were nausea, dizziness, fainting and loss of bowel control.

Also note that the Silver Pearl Haze was considered ”A similar hybrid to Haze x NL #5 but leans a little more to the sativa side”

7 Likes

5 Likes

There was Silver Pearl, Silver Haze, Silver Pearl x Haze but never a Silver Pearl Haze

2 Likes

If people really wanted a HzA type plant then the place to be looking for it is with in the Nevils Haze.

I have two pictures of the 5HzA the plant looks more like a Thai.

2 Likes

It’s awesome that there was a time when autos were simply called ruderalis hybrids.

3 Likes