Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

I never could get on board with the silly correlations puked out of the community for nigh 30 year. How does it smoke, period end of.

6 Likes

I only care about the quality of the smoke Tom that to me is no1 then comes yield vigor and lastly look and smell.

4 Likes

I have in my line. He is talking about what I call an astringent profile. All sweetness richness and depth are gone. Same thing with broadleaf grapefruit profiles - astringent.

6 Likes

It’s one a them hard earned observations that takes a minute and the science nerds ain’t quite been able to put it one their docket yet :joy:

4 Likes

With the good females the leaves can be whatever (green, purple, whatever) but the buds that have this great trait would be green? I am looking at the possibility that the traits can be inherited easily but on different chromosomes which make the combinations go to 1/16 because of independent assortment. I don’t know if you give two shits about the genetics but the morphology intrigues me.

2 Likes

All of the worthwhile phenotypes I ever seen will have some purpling resistance. Yeah you got it I am talking calyx not leaves. Leaves that purple while the calyx resist and remain green are still in the mix. Plants that purple from the inside out like Hungarian ditchweed aka rudi is just that usually, ditchweed. It’s one of the only “hemp trait” correlation I am willing to venture.

5 Likes

Pondered on it for years. I really think that photosynthesis slow down is directly related to cannabinoid biosynthesis slow down.

5 Likes

500-1000’s of plants yearly for 30 some odd years mostly from seed. Not a purple plant worth snot in my memory lol. Uh, I’ma go out on a limb here and say something must be up :joy:

5 Likes

The only purple type i grew and liked was from a unknown line collected in the late 70s early 80s by a friend but only the flowers were purple the leaf stayed green.

2 Likes

Yeah let me guess in that same time you seen hundreds of killer green and gold etc? It’s 3rd grade maths really.

3 Likes

A friend of mine grew some purple from bagseed that was as good as Thai stick in about 1982. No idea what it was but it’s definitely possible to have outstanding buds that are purple imo.

2 Likes

I see a bunch of guys that should be at gamblers anonymous remembering when they took Vegas that one time back in the 80’s :joy:

5 Likes

The odds are against purple weed guys. Know that.

5 Likes

I grew it once and gave it to my cousin who loved it and then he grew it for years.

It was good but not in the ball park of a good Thai.

4 Likes

I rest my case :joy:

2 Likes

That’s mine. But there are other correlation folk have made I’ve been loath to agree with. Such as longer flowering correlated with a more cerebral smoke. I’m a little more open to that than I used to be.

4 Likes

It would be just like cannabis to play that trick on man :joy: sell these brown seed and plant them white ones kid lol

5 Likes

Longer flowering can also have a touch of stone to example some Colombians.

The key is along with selecting a great female is selecting the right male and or males to go with that female.

2 Likes

We really have no clue mate. There are groups of genes that control one trait and there are single genes that control groups of traits. We try to pretend that we understand it all but we really have no clue.

5 Likes

It’s a mathematical clusterfuck, be sure about that.

5 Likes