Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

I thought maybe that was the backstory but that people still seemed obsessed with the purple expressions in haze.
The buds my friends would steal from their war vet dads were never purple and probably the closest I’ve had to real Thai. One in particular would keep us up all night like a cocaine effect.
But we’d buy airy sticky purple stuff with a slight hay smell, and I think that was coming from retail breeders like CBG or Ace.
Needless to say the latter was not potent at all.

4 Likes

NYC gangsters loved to tell you about the piff, charge you heavy prices for it, then turn around and smoke some TK like shit. They called it humble weed, like when you live in a big city you can’t fool around with stuff that makes you feel like a god, probably another reason why the boys in rural coastal Cali are the only ones with it.

2 Likes

You have mentioned cat piss so here I am like a horny tomcat. Do you not like the astringent profile? You talk as if it is a bad trait. I suspect I am not alone in wanting the cat piss pheno but for me it’s based on getting an ounce of homegrown stuff in Edinburgh 20 years ago.

The stuff I had was the most pungent smelling stuff ever, but the taste also matched. It was like the mid 70s Stevie Wonder of weed, I’d have thought it was impossible not to like it.

1 Like

Yet that is how the so called hippies were able to produce the organic food and now we have whole foods that the rich absolutely have to have so they feel special. Isn’t it the same narrative that we are pushing with haze? Better quality but at a higher price, educate the palate give options and then a new market that the big commercials can’t capitalize on yea I think that they get it.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the Nag Champa smelling Purple Haze which we had in the early 90s, was much better than the Skunk which was sold at that time.
Mama Thai pre2010 was very good with a 9 hours high, was even to strong for the daily smokers.

3 Likes

That craft blend is good stuff. I use that and goat and chicken poop and very little else.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is Toms haze but was just thinking that this was his?

6 Likes

I’m not sure about the purple plant above. This is from his stock, though…

24 Likes

48pm

4 Likes

That’s likely going to be me after smoking the Acid Beauty
Small potted one…

In-ground

20 Likes

Juicy Woo in pot

In-ground

22 Likes

Ace Green Old Timer’s Haze x A5

29 Likes

Clone or just hunting? I see the pics and all green and the architecture seems to be very Mexican jmo. Must have been selecting obviously for an indoor type but low yielding fluffy buds wasn’t where the money was at, thank goodness or it probably would have been ruined completely. Just wanting to get some base line phenos as examples to add to the tool box. Well I think this is an interesting topic and really is worth pursuing for what else matters? This is the case where trying to monetize it failed and we get to enjoy the benefits of it jmo.

Hal 9000 is interesting take on self-awareness. Wonder what is in the name though? H +1, A+1, L+1 = wonder if Jingles knows :black_joker: :black_joker: :black_joker: Stanley Kubrick

3 Likes

Everything from seed. No back-ups, though I wish I would have cloned a couple of the plants. Oh well.

Which one(s) are looking Mexican to you, Cactus?

2 Likes

All the short ones with short branches :rofl:, they really bread out the size that the Lao has if they used the type I have crossed with. Just a quick observation but I am still separating the morphology from the type of effects for I think those are inherited differently. Just saying there was a lot of pressure to reduce the size and maybe growing time don’t know. The purple from just a gut check is Colombian and I think the Colombian might have acclimated. When I see purple my mind thinks cold and the Oaxaca does have cold tolerance but not so sure about the Thai so you can see all the choices being made so that they might have a chance to survive a colder wetter climate. My guess is it is resistance to rot so could fit into a colder wetter climate jmo but couldn’t produce enough to meet a market that really hadn’t experienced flower instead of hash. I might be looking at it wrong but aren’t hash plants made for hash and flower ganja for smokng the flower. Well if you run into some which I Really Hope You Do that would really fucking make my day so SUPER GOOD VIBES TO YOU BROTHER!!! I have some seeds so if things don’t go right then maybe we can help you get another shot or have Tom make another run and sell us a 1000. I think that is roughly from what he charges about this much? @TomHill

4 Likes

U get that from Costco

1 Like

No! This is what us old asse call money not that fiat paper bullshit that loses value daily.

3 Likes

It’s just old ass thinking we learned growing up as kids Westerns and all. I was just giving him a jab for showing his age. The change from gold to paper money is just one example or when Ford introduced the car and replacing horse. Things evolve and change moving target I heard someone say. Hard to keep up sometimes and the things you think about today are different tomorrow and all you can do is just go with the flow of change because it doesn’t stop.

3 Likes

I’m sitting on a grip of haze from Tom’s most recent repro. I plan to start sifting through them next season. The two I’ve got going now are from 10+ year old seeds stock. I expect (hope) to find much more Thai leaning phenos, better calyx to leaf but know if will be a long search most likely.

10 Likes

Appalachian Super Skunk x (C. Banana S1 x THH X A5hbx x Mac) x White Larry F8) at 60 days. That’s a mouthful lol.

Afghan 78 x N-Haze 90 x O-Haze 90)xTHH x A5hbx x Mac). This is the last faster flowering pheno. These are all stinkers. Just the long flowering pheno is left.

32 Likes