Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

That’s what Haze and Haze hybrids are uniform tall and long flowering, not the fast flowering compact Hazes sold on west coast and east coast where you need to grow 100 seeds with low temps to find a good sativa pheno lol

Wally Duck and Hempy on ICMag in 2011:
download (16)

Wally Duck and Hempy on THCFarmer in 2015:
download (16)

Wally Duck and Hempy on Overgrow in 2023:
download (16)

28 Likes

Stop with the petty bickering and baiting, please.

There are going to be some things that are relegated to rumor and innuendo and it is likely we’ll never know the full truth. Continually repeating the same things over and over and, likewise, rehashing the same arguments that are never resolved, poisons the usefulness of the thread and buries the important pieces of information that are useful across the wider audience.

If you’d like to repeatedly argue semantics, rumor, or the accuracy of the history (primarily passed by oral tradition, BTW), take it to PM and then post the consensus results.

Don’t want to have to re-imagine this thread.

12 Likes

that’s not correct but hey everybody can believe what they want, that’s what is so nice about our world. just make anything up and just ignore reality.
some sucker will believe it also and give you lots of cash, power and fame. Win !

I think the problem with haze is that it takes so long to flower that people don’t take as many pictures or share updates, and the void gets filled with arguments.

9 Likes

I always thought it was the true breeding parents first offspring and filial just means daughter or son.Proper hybrids result by mating true breeding plants with different traits then letting the f1 interbreed to make f2 and so on and observe outcomes to form conclusions and predict odds. When the alleles are like and combine,they are known as homozygous and when the alleles are different they are known as heterozygous .Visible traits in the F1 generation are referred to as dominant, and traits that disappear in the F1 generation are described as recessive.

At least some consistency in this world :rofl:

3 Likes

Last time I ran a long flowering haze I did an indica grow in my veg cab at the same time so I wouldn’t get bored.

11 Likes

I was wondering why breeders would breed a male Thai to a female A/P. Shorter flowering time from the female that is (indica-AP) vs the tropical(haze)? I find that when the female AP is pollinated the amount of flower time is 4-6 weeks usually but the female that is hit by the AP male to the female is still longer than 8 weeks. Does this make a difference since the mitochondria from the female is inherited and passed on, the male mitochondria is lost during fertilization. So there is a difference I think.

3 Likes

Part of it is that if you cross a haze male to something shorter you don’t have to grow out the haze with all the accompanying challenges that comes with it.

2 Likes

The AP’s still grow very tall and mature at 12 weeks when taking an 8+16 = 24/2 =12. The 16 week flower clock the same as the 8 week flower clock on the AP? The tropical types are known to have like an 18 week auto type I have heard of PNG and this has the longer auto setup like the Northern types 55N? So I think the mechanisms work the same but are not the same. I think the Tropical clocks are coming from a different direction as the northerns. DJ said that the only thing that separates the Tropicals from the AP’s is flower time? Yes that is like water is wet, but are the flowering mechanisms the same or are there different mechanisms when breeding different types together?

3 Likes

Whichever way you do it it still takes 5 weeks.

2 Likes

fb1

Here is an example of a homosapien that has been consuming “haze” marijuana. Note the frantic look, sunken eyes, paranoia and delusions of grandeur. A classic snapshot of a particularly diabolical variety of the devils lettuce. See figure 1 (from Its always Sunny in Philidelphia, 2007)

24 Likes

You forgot the Golden years.

Cannabis World and Over Grow early days.

3 Likes

And wherever you go there you are :+1:

2 Likes

“Charlie explains the origins of haze to the gang”

14 Likes

Yep, we were smoking/growing only Sativas (haze) long before it was named Haze or went to Holland. There was a lot going on in SC, Ben Lomond surrounding areas. We were a 25m drive from SC. Sam and the Haze brothers lived in that same area. Some exceptional weed was grown that I’ve not seen since. Back then we were not organized well and grew the seeds we all found in the same imported weed. Just a bunch of young stoners hangin’ out. No one was taking notes. The weed was all labeled by location Thai, Columbian, Jamaican, Mexican, Hawaiian, and homegrown. Haze was homegrown.

18 Likes

It was the same here to Hammer but a lot of the old lines are still being grown still to this day here and i would bet still being grown in California and other places to.

Most keep to them self’s or inner circles and have no interest in forums.

5 Likes

That episode would get wild

3 Likes

a good mate grew these ,
laos mango x c5 mango …

50 Likes