Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Hello all this thread is so awesome and I figured I’d stop lurking and actually post! This is what I’m popping as I’m typing this post. It’s my first foray in hazes but I think it will be a fun start to 2024! :pray::grin:

26 Likes

Aren’t Nevilles Haze and Mango Haze strains of Mr Nice seeds?
Selling names and knockoffs is the rule in 2023…

3 Likes

for us haze is what we call weed with the haze taste, we smoke and grow this shit for decades now and imho there is a lot of stuff you guys call haze, that has nothing to do with the haze we know from NL that made haze famous. The C5haze the A5Haze the MexicanHaze had the haze taste, all of them, the ssh and nh and g13amnesia had it too. But with the seed lines sold today its hard to find this incense type of haze, its also hard to find any strong haze, most are washed down and potency is laughable. most of the mrn and ss offerings are like growing hemp nowadays and i tried lots of them and have lots of seeds left in my stash and im worried to try them cause what i got was not to consider smokeable for me… only potent one was mangohaze the rest is bird feed… lol. just my 2 cents. we all have our own memorys connected to certain strains that direct our opinion. peace

some Jack Flash from seed, not very potent, taste is nothing special, high is boring.

24 Likes

Graham’s Eyes power drive

11 Likes

It’s funny how nowadays people tag “haze” in any shite. Even vapes or gym supplements without any knowledge neither property to do so.
My hybrids gear is mostly O.H. from Sam and NH from Nev and either so I don’t have guts to tag haze on the name. Shame

2 Likes

This looks like an excellent range to get a sense of haze. A few reminders so you don’t get discouraged. It will be worth it. Hunting hybrids there is nearly always a recovery of overhead in that someone will want it. A lot of times the non-keepers NLD’s you can barely give away.

People excuse it as the nature of haze. It’s not. It’s just poor selection so you’ll improve what you have if you stick with it.

I can finish around 20-25 ×7 stretch haze in a 5x5 canopy. Or net (trellis train) the walls with around 10 at a time and keep your reliable hybrids in the main canopy. I usually pop 40 assuming 50/50 male female and sometimes pruning can be challenging and overflow needs to be accommodated.

-I put the 1 gallon in flower when the plant is ~7" tall and take the first backup cutting over the next week as possible intentionally limiting growth.

-Usually leave it in the 1 gallon until it starts to transition and the into a 3gallon.

-Build a soil type mix is very forgiving because every plant is going to have different feeding requirements. The goal is to keep them all consistently healthy, not maximizing yield if you are selecting a keeper

-I can finish about 25 ~12+ week wild hazes with these techniques every ~8w. NLD’s will have greater light penetration in general, but also it doesn’t really matter to me if the new batch stretches during stretch so I just fill them all in under canopy a month before the previous finishes. Good airflow of course, but generally most haze are not a problem…landrace Nigerian and Mex have had some mold problems for me.

Anyway that is how to hunt ~500 haze per year in 2 5×10 tents for a steady 1400w. More extreme than necessary, but a few of those tech may be helpful. The important thing is to plan for a higher level of non-impressive plants before you are really blown away. It’ll help enjoy the process.

All good selections. The HOA Bac were a fun one to grow. The HOA people are a Chinese commune that was right on the boarder between North and South Vietnam during the war. I want to say established more than 100 years prior. You can notice there are unique traits compared to other Viet, Laos collections.

8 Likes

Always fantasized about trying a Nigerian landrace, specially based on ed Rosenthal description. But couldn’t find so far.
Regarding height one thing that’s going fine for me is to force to height stabilization so it eases the piloting

Best karma

2 Likes

Sure “force height stabilization” can’t be done outdoors,:relaxed:

1 Like

Nice selection!
Who might I ask is the breeder of the Destroyer F2’s you have there?

I picked up a couple of Destroyer F2 packs that
Dirty Old SOG had made, but I haven’t grown them yet.

I do have a pack of 12 of his SSH x Destroyer getting close to flipping once I can take some cuts from them.

I will try and post their progress here.

5 Likes

Does the term NLD refer to the Netherlands or The Dutch Hazes?

1 Like

Narrow Leaf Drug-type NLD

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

Not sure how you would verify anything… Today’s cannabis are hybids made from imports we got back in the 70s. I’m sure many of those were also hybrids. Poor breeding practices happens most of the time. People making crosses of pretty weed is what people seem to want. IMO Its just not possible to verify any genetics with 100% certainty today.

Some P420 x Sowahh … Mostly Sativa/Haze genetics used. The aroma reminds me of good Columbian

24 Likes

Old SOG provided these!

2 Likes

You bring up a great question in how one verifies or determines purity with (pure sativa)landraces, especially if the genetics were hybridized or touched with indica at the point of origin. I agree that it would be next to impossible to verify genetics with 100% certainty, I’m not pretending to have some special scope that illuminates the real deal however one can draw logical conclusions based on research of others and first hand experience.

I use a 3-pronged approach.

1. my own understanding of terroire and resulting plant characteristics attributed to particular parts of the world (esp. as it relates to pure sativa landraces in this instance)

2A. What is the reputation/credibility of the source? What is the provenance and point of origin info?

2B. Grow journals, and smoke reports relating to a particular line from sources that have shown themselves to be credible(ideally different from seed source, preferably no affiliation, with a critical perspective) that may either reinforce the alleged characteristics or refute them, and if they contradict - how so? what are the distinctions? the devil is in the detail. (It’s not a binary credibility assessment here, but rather a sliding scale - simply as a tool/point of reference to help filter through data).

For example, as an anecdote of the power of community input, peer reviewed (tongue in cheek) feedback, check out this thread on BH’s Colombian Gold - even Nevil chimed in:

1. once ive gone through the preliminary screening and I think that there’s a low chance of contamination, one can grow some to verify with first hand experience

Going on faith of the source without research has gotten me burned many times with fake pure sativa landraces. The tricky part is b.c of the nature of this plant/industry, many times none of the data points are an option and you have no choice but to roll the dice and see what happens.

For some, those super wispy, practically see-through, looooooong time flowering pure sativa landraces are worth the extra effort.

7 Likes

We all do some due diligence. When breeding finding as much info as one can is important. In the end, it’s still blind faith no matter how much info you glean from the internet/other people. Attempting to get landrace genetics directly from the source country is the best way. Using pure is probably not the best choice to describe cannabis genetics today.

From today, NH x OH) X APPSS… This pheno has no large fan leaves at 3’ tall. These are the largest she has. She is super soft and velvety to the touch.

23 Likes

Very cool, interested in those Exotic Alchemy as i have a few packs from him

2 Likes

Yes, he F2’d, not sure from how many packs, of Destroyer from Cannabiogen and made a few different crosses from them as well.

2 Likes

Apparently you haven’t tried my skittlz piffs . It is exactly as @CannabellaSilas says. There is nothing and I mean nothing that hits and tastes and smokes like real 5haze. It is the most distinctive smoking experience there is.

If it is reintroduced in full restoration it will absolutely take apart every competition around the planet to its knees and shut the frick’n door end of game over.

I just reviewed a bunch of “cups” in the US. The majority of the sativa entries across the board are indica dominant. People don’t even have a clue or they do and know it all is a joke. “Lets just hold the line at sleepy indica and awake indica”. Laziness and no dignity pride or standard.

My afgani’s pronoun is sativa bs.

It makes me very happy to see some of you here had it and know spot on what it is. Less and less of us left. It’s inevitable though because we won’t settle. :muscle:

Also it wasn’t a hunt back then. The people I know who found it all found it within a couple packs.

9 Likes

Both of these plants are NL5haze selected back to its original respective parents… The purest thing a person can get is Sticktuitiveness x Gumption feed with passion, watered with love and a lucky break every once in awhile doesn’t hurt

10 Likes