Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

I don’t think there was much online sales going on in the early 90’s when I first started traveling to all the seed stores. I didn’t just go to a few places. I went to almost every seed retailer in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and even Eindhoven looking for the real thing. After growing them out I found that 90% of everything sold as Haze was really Haze x SK#1. I would be willing to bet that’s what they were growing in those greenhouses Sam was talking about.

4 Likes

I don’t know about the early 90s Chara, but I do know it was sold online in the later 90s.

I hated Dutch genetics, every thing I tried starting 86 was honestly weak throw away and a waste of time to even germinate compared to what we were growing already here.

Long story short, I found Cannabis world pre-2000 started to research modern lines and came across Haze read peoples grow threads and smoke reports.

So I remember the early OHaze and flowering times well many were experiencing, why I keep saying they have changed.

I went with Nevils Haze after researching people’s grows and experiences.

3 Likes

I have been clear enough Stoneguru an image gallery is not the place for self promotion and when others have been banned for self promotion you should not promote your ideas, that’s self promotion too. Do it in your thread or in a image gallery for selfies.

And Topicalwave my hateboy I already told you that I cannot grow because of haters and liars. Decide on what side you are, on the side of the liars and haters, or on the side of growers and cannabis lovers. Ask others to post pictures of their 3.000 Haze plants and of their of 5% Haze keepers, do not ask me to show my zero plants.

1 Like

We have 80% Germination so far! Just waiting on the 2 from Exotic Alchemy (Mango Haze and Nevilles Haze)!

9 Likes

Here they are labeled by name.

19 Likes

Surely, this is true, he had the possibilities to supply different seedbanks…
But I’m pretty sure he had (and still has) different selections of haze (and other varieties) for private use and for collection…

2 Likes

Back in January of 94
The wife and I took a little trip to Amsterdam to purchase seeds.
We found the little Sensi Seeds kiosk at or near the Cannabis Museum and bought Northern Lights,
Skunk #1, Mazar, Durban, Early Skunk and Silver Haze.
The clerk could speak very little English and the catalog was in Dutch, so I didn’t really know what I had bought except the Northern Lights and the Skunk#1, which was always featured in High Times.
After a couple of days visiting the coffee shops and being completely overloaded by our foreign setting we flew home with the seeds tucked away for home. We where we were greated by customs officers with dogs. getting patted down and questioned in the back room.
Thankfully they didn’t do a body cavity search on the wife. :grimacing:
Out of all the seeds we purchased, the Silver Haze was the best and to this day is still the best weed I ever had.
It was such a wild ride, it would make me want to puke right after smoking and then then the euphoric grounding process would kick in to ease the rest of the trip like how a couple of drinks make an uncomfortable social setting more manageable.
The stuff was next level x10.
This was early 90’s Seattle where indoor cultivation began and the locals felt like they were the kings of good bud, back when the commercial weed coming out of the Emerald Triangle was mids at best compared to Seattle, Portland and the Anchorage areas.

The best floating around at the time MTF, The UW and Snowbud were mids compared to Silver Haze or at least the one really really good girl I found.
In smoking circles some tapped out after the first hit, others the second, but no one wanted a 4th.
The room would be mostly silent with the occasional “I’m so fucking high” :rofl:

15 Likes

I personally like reading Stoneguru posts as they are full of great info. What rules is he breaking and does anyone else have a problem? He has stated that the stuff he’s talking about isn’t for sale. I don’t know man. What I don’t like reading is bickering between members.

9 Likes

I would bet on Sam having different batches of Haze and if you look at the old Haze list I remember quite a few, and then you had the outcrosses to Thai and a like.

4 Likes

Sounds like you found a nice keeper in the silver Haze and why many of us keep growing these plants, the highs can’t be beat.

3 Likes

I think I got lucky because, I have yet to re-experience that effect since then growing out other Haze crosses.
I’m going to need to try a more pure haze next.

3 Likes

@chodycap I have no problem showing respect kindness and accomodations to anyone, but I don’t put up with bs or bullies. Unfortunately this forum doesn’t have a “put up or shut up” filter, but it does show how people spend their time.

You are coming on here calling me out with a double standard. A censorship gestapo telling me I can’t share ideas about haze, can’t offer help to others in their search? Implications of banning me for posting haze pictures and relevant content when you yourself contribute none on this thread?!

You are welcome to lurk. It’s how many people learn, but you don’t seem like your here to learn either yet have spent a great deal of time reading through out this site. All of it. Very suspicious because you are definitely here for something. Maybe you don’t post pictures because people would recognize you for someone else?

This is the second time you came forward as a tattling Nelly with your implications of banning me. DO IT. Everything I posted has been haze relevant with pictures.

Further, I reviewed the thread for conduct. The larger thread has content throughout it. I don’t have to expose you. People expose themselves for their own conduct and nature well enough on their own.

Now, out of respect to the others here I will continue with more pictures and less content, but by your own standard keep your mouth shut and continue your lurking through everyone’s material or follow the standard and start posting haze pictures and content.

Onward. One of the most consistent markers in the best Nevil’s haze I have found is the trichomes to the trunk. They are on many of the most branchy long flower Hazes. I have never found this trait in NL or outside Nevil’s work. I ran many landraces from Nigerian, Colombia, Laos, Vietnam looking.

Has anyway found this in prominence in landrace?

IMG_20230319_092543579 IMG_20230319_092253001

26 Likes

As has been mentioned " The Ignore button renders all stupidity impotent . "

9 Likes

NH x OH) x APPSS. These are different phenos… 1st pic is super slow in veg and flower. 2nd pic is fast in veg, slow in flower, and has a different structure with more vigor. All are very lime. Pics look yellow on many. All are at 30 days. I’m eager to see how these finish…

26 Likes

Heck of beauty bro!!!

2 Likes

Me too, but at the time I crossed both being confused with the dispute

1 Like

Why do you say you can “properly” call her haze? It’s crossed. Is not anymore. You should be a lord and tag her whatever you want but be honest with yourself. Most of my hybrids has OH or NH and even so i am not unpolite or even a copyright ©️ breaker to tag them with the lineage.

Just my five cents

2 Likes

You sound like someone else who says all the same things you’re saying lol probably a sock puppet account

Please educate me as to who owns “Haze” ?

5 Likes

HAZE®©™ done. You all owe me 2¢ 🫵🫴✌️

20 Likes

haze just really makes you like haze, maaan.

i saw @advancedbuffalo drop some nuggets about keeping super sativa stretchers small today.

going to give it a go on something from maha or tom indoors next summer during the hot months maybe. find all that enlightenment im missing out on.

2 Likes