Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

@AppleRoad I know you have 5 cents so more than enough to share if any of us come up short.424466-eda583439fea4b6a776d913588677d32

4 Likes

You should picture frame that beauty!

1 Like

Great photos. I found the trichome stalk trait in some Maha gear. Which is from Toms stock. I may be wrong but I remember Tom saying that was a trait that appeared in his Posi Haze. Let’s see if I can dig up a pic of it…

2 Likes

They look awesome!

2 Likes

It can be found in all Haze including Haze hybrids.

16 Likes

THH 2023 snowstorm stock
Trichome stalk?!

More…
THH snowstorm stock 2023

Hapi haze (hybrid) growing

27 Likes

Just teasing, peace bro!!!

1 Like

I’ve found full glandular trichomes on some haze, but to say all haze plants have this trait might be overstated? . I’ve seen it on Doc D’s Bandaid Haze, but only a few that were really prominent.

My guess is that is a piece of Nevil’s haze because that is the only source I have seen it to that extent. I also haven’t found it in any landrace. Hempy, I think you mentioned once that you had never seen it in Thai a few others piped in stating they had not seen it in Colombian so it’s not likely coming from either…

12 Likes

Yeah it’s a trait I have seen before in pics… Only seen it in person on Maha gear. But I’m no Haze expert by any means. Others over at IC found individuals that show it more prominently in the same Mindblower Haze by Maha. I’m sure it’s in other hazes as well, like hempy mentioned. I wonder if it’s a Thai trait? I have seen quite a few Thai pics that display that trait I had thought but maybe not. Who knows…

Mindblower (pakithai x Tom Posi Haze) from early 2023.

15 Likes

Hammerhead had it in the posi too I think. The only Landrace I’ve seen it in is Acapulco Gold the Mountain organics cut. Looking for the pictures.

We kinda went through the whole process on the basement about origin of the trait and people experienced with both Thai and Colombian said they hadn’t found it in either, but worth asking again, because it is definitely a marker in the best haze

3 Likes

https://www.getseedsrighthere.com/shop/clearance/pure-haze/

95% OFF! :rofl: has anyone grown this one?

2 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/c46ZG34zXfurwqUS9

1 Like

If its not Thai and its not Columbian, perhaps a Northern Indian/Himalayan? I would imagine it is a trait that is desirable for hashmaking? The question of what actually make up haze adds to the mystery.

I would imagine that trichome stems might develop naturally in a place with many hungry insects for cannabis as an extra defence against them? I know I had read that someone posited that was why Afgnanis were so smelly… to draw insects for pollination purposes. Makes sense when you think most tropical varieties are much less smelly. Again just hypothesizing because it is a interesting and pretty trait IMO.

1 Like

If you mean seeing trichomes on the main steam or along the branch no it is not a common trait, but if we are talking on the flower and leaf and leaf steam yes I have seen it on Thai and Colombian sativa plants.

5 Likes

This calyx was actually off a male reversed so I could identify the profiles, trichomes, pistils calyx, bouquet the male is most likely to impart in any given cross. The '88 penny was fitting as it was hunting Nevil’s.

There have been numerous times that the male I would have selected is different than what I do. It is still always an art first rather than science.

For example. Sometimes 2 floral types may throw out an absolute. skunk more than either line. Then look to find that as the common grandparent. Meanwhile someone line selecting the same skink won’t even have a nose as strong.

Almost all line work seems to stratify if not attentive of certain tendencies. Moving on new directions push up an ancestor, reintroduce…oops content again :man_facepalming:t3:352652-83badddf79ebec499dfd1b9b9ef2ecda

4 Likes

It sure would be nice to have that haze stem trich mystery solved one day. It looks like it shows up on the Red stem for grinspoon and Tom’s and mostly yellow stem for me so not necessarily related to that it seems.

2 Likes

The stem mystery, the compact mystery and the 4-way mystery are no mysteries, it’s called Northern Lights, Skunk and marketing but you will need another 20 years and 2000 plants to understand it lol

There is a common saying that goes ‘the more you know, the less you need to say.’ It’s a proverb from the 5th century BCE.

1 Like

3 years old flowers still very potent

8 Likes

Blessing @chodulycap I believe you have just solved all mysteries beyond by building a known wall within :pray::v:.

henrywardbeecher1

However, For everyone with wonder, imagination and a sense of adventure and curiosities for the impossible. Haze has that too.

7 Likes

Greetings @StoneGuru, I have recently come across a plant with some nice stem trichomes from an Oaxacan landrace/heirloom this past fall. I hit it with a little Oldtimer’s Haze pollen so we’ll see what that result produces.

32 Likes