Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Thank you @deeez99 :pray::v:. You may have noticed it earlier that I mentioned finding it in the Acapulco Gold by mountain organics. Before that I said I hadn’t found it, but then recalled that run. It was all documented on BB, but sometimes I forget. Anyway, that is besides the point

Thank you so much for your contribution on this subject!!! It went around in circle with nothing turning up from a group very familiar with Thai and Colombia. You adding the Oaxacan just put the second pin in old Mexican for this trait.

This is very significant! Haze breeding is a wild dynamic as we know with it all notorious for coming undone. I use the terms keeping the genetics taut of tensioned as a visualization for selection. Disregard for observations of all traits as well as absence of a holistic perspective of a deeper code and system dynamics, complexity theory may collectively have nothing and everything to do with why haze hasn’t continued progress through selection.

If there is any merit to this the rest would be to select that favorite non-trichome stem and develop a few accessions of Mexican haze similar to what you have done. Bravo! :pray::v::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Are those from Upstates Cryptic Oaxacan Repro? Cryptic Labs seems to have the most wild and NLD Oaxacan I have seen. @Upstate has found trichome stems in a bunch of his if I remember right.

That second pic almost just looks like hoarfrost… nice shot!

5 Likes

I have also seen trichomes like that on coljam from underground seed co and a peach hashplant x coljam cross.

5 Likes

These are 2 very compelling examples on the origin of this trait. I does leave one troubling matter. Who wants to tell tomhill it might be the Mexican coming out in his haze :joy:

His mostly have the SE asian red stem association though. Looks like you have a nice light green there @deeez99

8 Likes

Haha I mentioned the Mexican possibility before and was put in my place :joy:

4 Likes

I like the open-minded perspective regarding the observable morphological differences across the varying populations of haze and haze hybrids and how they relate to it’s seemingly mystifying provenance. It’s lineage of origin. Seeds are a snapshot in time, frozen in an observable population to some extent. How they travel, how they’re selected and woven into the fabric of a culture and individual farmers fields across history shows in their reflections of their past. Reflections of their origin and journey.

That said, I think it’s more about the biomes and microclimates. Tropical savannahs perhaps? I think it’s worth noting that Destroyer by Cannabiogen is also known to throw occasional pearl stem resinous types. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

Petioles Purpling either Genetics, Nutrient uptake issue, Viral infection or UV light.

1 Like

Hey @TopicalWave yes these were originally from that repro that @Upstate generously shared. I then inbred one male and one female and that resinous pearl stem was the result (so far…as I’m not yet sure how dominant it is).

Had to look that phrase up but very fitting haha

I’m new to haze but this statement seems on point from much of what I’ve read so far. Been enjoying your contributions so far, welcome to OG!

:rofl:

5 Likes

Red and purple in the stems is common in various Colombian, Guatemalan, and Mexican strains… Along with many other varieties…

5 Likes

Aside from mountain organics AG and the Oaxacan above. Whew, I was trying to give Tomhill a little thread to hold onto there. He sure has the mexicali lumber I suppose, but you said it, :joy:.

3 Likes

TH selects for the heather phenos, he calls them silver. hes specifically stated to stay away from the red/purples. unless i read your post wrong. he knows what hes doing, nobody even the creators worked the line longer than him.

3 Likes

Sorry about my stupidity backwards. Golli haze was what we got with Flying Dutchmen O. haze… I really didn’t know

2 Likes

You tell him. He might call you some names lol

3 Likes

He’s right on point with the silver, light green, sandy oversized Trichs etc. most of it.
@Greenhighland ,:joy:

3 Likes

How was the profile and effect on this one? The best MO AG has a bit more cone shape , but otherwise looked similar. Very load acetone or paint thinner lemon lime. Not altogether palatable initially. Somewhat racey. I never got a full cure on it

1 Like

lol 30 years to make two or three open polinations of Dutch ‘Haze 19’ is more work than creating Haze? Or than Neville and Skunkman did with California Haze?

Stonedguru I have told Tom Hill his Haze is Mexican and that 5haze is more Thai than Haze that’s why your buddy topicaltroll loves me, but Tom Hill has not denied the mexican dominance. Later he came back reporting CBH smells more thai than he thought.

Other resellers prefer to die more than admitting something that could impact sales or reputation.

The frostiness evident in most of the pictures above I confirm that for me is not characteristic of tropical landraces like thais. In tropical regions, frequent and heavy rainfalls can wash away and will damage trichomes with long stalks. This has led to the genetic evolution towards shorter-stalked trichomes. In contrast, Afghan strains not requiring as much protection from rain, have evolved trichomes with longer stalks. These longer stalks may offer better protection against the high-altitude UV radiation prevalent in their native environment, in addition to being a result of selective breeding for traditional hash production.

5 Likes

Indeed. Credibility comes apart when we insist we know it all. Even the “original Breeders and collectors and resellers” (all different) only knew through the very tight lense of their own experiences. What each smoker experienced as haze was different then as well. It wasn’t warehouses of commercial light dep from clone. Today many think about breeding then as we do now

It wasn’t. Some of the first collections/recombinations of equatorials were from surfers smuggling in late fifties and early sixties primary from central america (excluding immigrants from Asia and Africa who we know brought collections much earlier)

Those channels from central to south developed in multiple different channels generally resulting equatorial hybrids with amplifies qualities. Then there is the Vietnam war with mass migrations of civilians through North and South Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia, 500k soldiers during the hippy travel Renaissance through India.
The recombinations of those accessions would have been the most significant of all in early seventies.

What is most important to remember about the complete exploding global salad that made haze is that it takes one person, dropping 1 male seed within a mile to change everything. Tracking traits are the best we can do.

Up until legalization most weed didn’t have a name and those that did would intentionally change the name. Particularly with 5haze. There is barely any similarities between what was in those packs and any 5haze after. Those who were there basically agree that if you didn’t have the 5haze from the first pack, you never had it at all

Those who think it was about the NL5 in there are speaking from the experience of only ever having everything after that period. You have mentioned the NL as being the show in 5haze. Because you claim this I know with absolute certainty that you never had the original 5haze and are looking through a whole different lense.

These makes off the more current A5, A5t C5 I didn’t find interesting, I don’t think Nevil did either. Was it 2 in 122 or something like that?

I ran the CBH cut some years back That one didn’t last longer than popping off a few makes.

To much humilene, not enough Ocimene, stoney, short production haze. What some would associate with Colombian effect. It has a mutation and a unique trident bouquet. Bx the mutation resulted in helical golden ratio flowering pattern resulting in 3.5 oz flowers in 3 gallon per sqft of canopy.

It can be considered a decent breeding haze by locking on to traits within the common A5t genetics bringing them forward in Bandaid where other crosses with A5 fall flat more often.

As a result Bandaid is widely accepted as the best in recent haze. I agree with this for the most part, but I have yet to have a bandaid that holds a candle to the original 5haze in effect or profile. So far. Dropped $1500 to get it early on. Made a few crosses and just didn’t find it worthy of holding a space after 2 rounds and culled it

Equatorial do seem to have a much higher capitate stalkless and sessile. Factories for CBC and CBG associated with that MDMA energy no ceiling.

Everyone has different selection criteria and preferences, but 2 stoney and dry old camel ding incense rather than dank frankincense and the effect is not my jamb. Great breeder potential and because it is as old or older than any A5 C5 more likely to lock on to the older haze traits that were in the original 5haze

I know I probably pissed off some of my EC piff enthusiasts, but CBH is a useful breeder at best in my opinion. Many love it and that’s what matters

6425 (2)

14 Likes

I’m trying to find a picture of a Thai leaner I found in Dwight Diotta’s selection of Outback haze. His haze is frickin unbelievable by the way if anyone can get it. I think he kept about 8 cuts from close to 50 he ran of the original outback.

The Thai leaner had a crazy smell. Almost like chamomile or tea in the most interesting way. Bisabolo possibly. I’ll find the picture, but just loaded with stalkless only trichomes.

I smoked up a very seasoned haze smoker and he looked at me wide eyed. " It Slapped me!!".

7 Likes

9 Likes

Uh man all I said was he isn’t into the purple weed… and he’s probably looked through more haze plants than anyone else who shows up to share what they’ve found.

I know the debate will live on, keep fighting the good fight, but I really just want to check out the phenos he talks about. The rest is cool but I wouldn’t spend all that time to grow Neville’s or any other really. I grew up in the hills above Santa Cruz not Holland or Vietnam, so I’ll stick with his open pollinated trash I guess lol.

8 Likes