Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Can I introduce you guys to olfaction and perfumery studies? There’s some great stuff out there for training people in scent-based industries, mainly the fragrance wheels for classifying and sub-categorizing odors:

IAO_1_PRIMER_V3.pdf (278 KB)

I cleaned up the best version of Mandy Aftel’s Aftelier Natural Fragrance Wheel I could find, but it’s only $10 for the real thing:

IMG_6668

11 Likes

P420 x Sowahh 10 more days

20 Likes

So the scent you describe in the Silk S, @StoneGuru that seems like it would be aldehydic floral and ozonic? Still need a note for the metal but ozonic might describe the sharpness?

4 Likes

I love the original 5haze sharpness, but to be honest I don’t have that isolation down yet. At least not to the extent which I know is possible . I have a part of it coming through in 1 of them strong enough that it will show uncommon levels in specific areas. We’ll then hopefully be able to predictively anticipate the combinations or metabolic reactions and cause uncommon results…maybe. oh, just saw your post above …

3 Likes

Very interesting indeed. I have an older book about perfumery in one of my phones.I’ve to check. There are some interesting vids to find about it on YouTube.

5 Likes

Yeah totally I’m watching this one now and at 26:00 she starts describing the nature of putrid smells by talking about jasmine at night, fucking awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/live/ZZLQooJtf6c

This looks good too

9 Likes

Only about 20 min in. Best share I have seen in a long time. Thank you🙏

3 Likes

Through the trust and kindness of community collaborators along with talent. One of the most significant projects in my own personal journey with this plant is beginning.

21 Likes

Embryo rescue?

6 Likes

Yes indeed. Only the best. ECNY Labs

17 Likes

Listen to Tom, not to fanboys or to Northern Lights #5 lovers. It is to the neophytes and to the resellers of knockoffs to do the hard work, not to the breeders to do the work for them.

No grower grows 100 seeds of real Haze genetics or real thai genetics for 2.5% females and when you are no grower, you are better than growers and breeders before you, then you can do your work yourself and should not expect others do the hard work for you.

Don’t buy seeds from resellers who only reverse clones, reproduce and rename real breeders work , if you want breeders do real breeding. Don’t ask breeders to do more hard work for them.

@stonedguru ignore me and show us pictures of the 300 and 3000 plants you talk in this thread, not 300 trichomes, one pair of gloves and one seed like Chimera.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Perfume industry is extremely big.

Old footage about the perfume industry

5 Likes

So I’m gonna show my ignorance, but everyone keeps referring to Tom. Who is Tom? Is there a resource I can use to better educate myself on breeders and pioneers in the industry other than asking here?

3 Likes

Finally selecting from these kits, buy some books and taking the time to really dive into this knowledge https://www.paraphernaliasocialclub.com/?fbclid=PAAaa41AKy8Pezafd23koR9T2zknx5qvy8NJAQa7iGUbBmGtVHtKSTdTfdf5U&page=5

@Gadarien Tom is that crazy uncle. He has mostly been a flower producer as far as I know, but has been in it for a long time and has a lot of experience.

For selecting a breeder of seed is like selecting food. Go with what you like. Someone could have the best haze or best kush and if that’s not what your into you won’t like it. Determine what your personal hierarchy is. Olfactory, taste, potency, effect, color, bouquet, yield, growing conditions. Etc. Determine your own priorities. Then find a seed maker that not only has what you think you like, but similar hierarchy in selection. As to the world they put into ensuring quality. Most serious breeders with ultimately become specialized and do just a few things really well. I am sure you could get more specific recommendations with more criteria.

7 Likes

Thanks! Still learning the ropes. When I used to smoke in the 90s and early 00s weed was weed for me. Now that I’m back to the world and since starting to grow there is so much variety and I love it. I’ll figure out exactly what I’m after eventually and then I can maybe make my own special sauce.

5 Likes

Many of you probably already noticed that @chodelz is a sock puppet account. Reminds me of this story I heard of someone pretending to be a poor Irish farmer to get seed from Nevil only to turn up at a well known European seed vendor. Shady AF

This one is more metals into sweet flower decay. High Notes and middle note, not enough base

14 Likes

This one has the sharper high note of Nevil’s original work, but mango at middle notes drops of flat. The Alpine 1.0 as a whole is clean frankincense out of a vaporizer, which serves transition and base note…I am collecting very useful isolations in that sense, but haven’t been able to bring them together and maybe something in the ambergris or mammalian would serve…@dirt_wizard it might be ozium as part of the sharpness. I am getting kits to help my communication. I don’t mention it much because it would be misinterpreted. But among the middle notes of 5haze was the cleanest bubble hash smell. Like when your making it which might also be ozium. It altogether opens the passages to receive everything present.

Cuban Black Haze gets thrown off by humilene in my opinion. It would otherwise be clean and more alive rather than musty church…

9 Likes

That is what I was saying too, Thailand is a national country not a strain. When they talk of Thai, it’s nationalism, ideology and marketing, no cannabis.

Have made a table and a graph to show Oaxaca , Bangkok and Chiang Mai climates are more similar to each other and to Afghanistan than to Trat in South Eastern Thailand, where trichomes with long stalks will get damaged and washed away by the heavy 3440 mm of rain more than by the 908 mm in Oaxaca and 209 mm in Afghanistan.
(For reference, the average amount of annual precipitation in Amsterdam (NL) is 942 mm, London (UK) 716 mm)
climatedata

6 Likes

Thailand and SE Asia is a very diverse climate whith ancient trade routes and prehistory architecture predating borders. You are specifically referring to low land Thai? Btw, props on contributing something

3 Likes