Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Tom is Tom Hill, a longtime NorCal grower who is famous for preserving a haze accession of his own that is very well regarded, he’s also the man responsible for Deep Chunk and the x18 Cider Kush. Tom’s also famous for being one of the most fiery posters on weed forums for decades, he will tell anyone off for any reason and often for no apparent reason. He’s actually a really nice guy and a good friend according to those who know him, but he is (by his own admission) quite on the spectrum and a backwoods sort of guy by choice, he doesn’t like meeting new people. But in my opinion he’s like me and maybe a lot of us in that his social personality type seems to be an extroverted introvert, he is pretty social but then blows up as soon as he’s overstimulated, which doesn’t take much sometimes. If you bear with the abrasive demeanor and don’t act arrogant and show curiosity he responds pretty well almost every time. Tom just knows an unbelievable amount about cannabis, he’s the old man of the mountain who’s been up there for decades just doing his thing.

18 Likes

100% what @Dirt_Wizard said
here is a video

Hapi Haze growing

14 Likes

" Do I plan on selfing and sharing my 5% keepers?"
Yes , in 2025
The plan

Hapi haze growing

19 Likes

Thank you for the replies @Dirt_Wizard and @Hapi for the replies! I didn’t realize he was an active forum participant. I went and subscribed to the podcast too.

I’m out of likes so I can’t show the love but I do appreciate!

8 Likes

I second that. In private interactions he has been super chill and friendly. But get into it publicly and I’m getting spanked and culled. :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Yep :100: Tom Hill baby

7 Likes

He’s the first and will probably be the only one to tip me off balance after about 6 months hashing it out online. Then he gives a wink ‘gotcha.’. He’s fuckin good

9 Likes

If you take a trip down highway 35 you won’t find many hippies, you will find a lot rough men. I would argue his personality is also a byproduct that he adapted to the culture as a means of survival locally too. That’s just my opinion though.

6 Likes

That and it’s just sad. There is something about the outlaw/pioneer life that can’t be got back and many won’t get, but that he stayed on the edge of. Same thing cattle drivers went through when they saw the tracks all laid. No wonder he wants his sailboat. It’s only partly about the material and something more about the spirit anyway. Hope he gets his boat.

7 Likes

its doubtful as much weed is grown in bangkok , or trat ,
there is definitely more around chang mai ,

however , what most folks know of thai weed , the stuff exported around the world ,
was grown in the north eastern part , isaan provinces , generally around the mekong and borders of laos , and later nearly all in laos …
the climate in the north east , isaan area, is excellent for cannabis , being so inland , its hot and dry a lot of the year , and the monsoon tends to be fairly predictable most of the time , making growing cannabis easy and fruitful , they always finish in a nice warm dry time of the year …

16 Likes

I thought Tom was about open pollination and against Line breeding / inbreeding.

Selfing is the most extreme form of inbreeding there is.

11 Likes

Yes that too I believe. Both tactics “2 prong attack”.
I think he explains a lil more here

The whole conversation is back up around that date, for more detail. Cheers @hempy
Hapi haze growing

9 Likes

Tom’s 2 prong technique!? You should hear is 3 prong technique! It’s a real shocker🤣

6 Likes

I think you mean open pollination vs 1 to 1 matings, the former being better for the population as a whole and retains more traits and diversity.

5 Likes

These have a Chocolate Skunk profile … It’s super nice.

NH x OH) x APPSS

19 Likes

I know what I typed, Wally.

4 Likes

Destroyer Haze AKA Mind Bender Haze
Old Sog cut of (Super Silver Haze x Destroyer) - cross by Old Sog

I flipped them a few days ago from about the 3rd node.

22 Likes

oh sorry i didnt notice the reference u were replying too ,
im used to seeing the quote folks refer too ,
my mistake , apologies ,
merry xmas hempy …

9 Likes

All good Merry Christmas Wally, hope 2024 is a good year for you too.

12 Likes