Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

they look spectacular but it seems 90% is a bit high, with MAC, Kush in the sowah, NL in lineage of multiple lines

2 Likes

Hey hammer, do you care if I F2 your pink banana crush? I’ll never give ‘em away, trade, sell, I’ll probably make a couple F1 hybrids with some other pollen but I always like to back up my stock and put beans in the freezer. Just want to make repro for myself and figured Ide ask if you are ok with it? If you don’t like it I won’t bother but figured the courtesy ask is good form. Cheers

5 Likes

Original haze starting to get going.

17 Likes

Howdy @ChogliCap, I think it’s a bit misleading to use Trat as an example of Thai expressions in cannabis. To my knowledge it hasn’t been known as a traditional region of cultivation. It would seem to be too wet across harvest season. Cannabis is adaptable and I’d imagine some could grow well there but not on any sense of global export scale in my opinion.

Like @wallyduck mentioned the more predictable dry seasons towards the north eastern interior due to the movement of the intertropical convergence zone combined with the fertile Mekong River and it’s tributaries make for near ideal conditions cultivating tropical cannabis. When considering the volume of scale needed for global export the river essentially serves as a highly efficient transit corridor. The Mekong River Delta at the South China sea has supposedly been a place of global commerce and trade for thousands of years once serving as a prominent link between India and China. Wally is spot on in my opinion.

There is literature, I believe it’s Livingston et. al, that is discussing the possibility of capitate stalked trichomes being the most mature form of drug type cannabis trichomes. The stalks supposedly have chloroplasts for photosynthetic activity and along with sufficient bract tissue help provide the necessary energy to produce cannabinoids, terpenes, and other secondary metabolites. That could support a theory of being a trait selected and exploited by humans for types that are exceptionally high in secondary metabolites.

I’m curious as to your specific usage of the 1950’s date in your more recent comment, is it based on the timeframe in which global demand began to increase and transform cultivation practices? Do you favor the South East specifically for the climate or for other aspects like human movement and settlement routes?

8 Likes

I would disagree.

Mac is
Starfighter …Indica dom
Alien Cookies …50/50
Columbain Gold… SATIVA

P420 add mac
NEVILLES HAZE= Nl5/HazeA x HazeC… SATIVA
O HAZE = [Santa Marta Gold] x [Wacky Weed aka Chocolate Colombian] x Columbain…SATIVA
THH=Haze 19 …Same genetics O haze. …SATIVA
A5haze bx= NL#5 x Haze A) x White OG Mostly SATIVA

P420+MAC+Sowahh AKA Sour Diesel IBL Rez mostly SATIVA

I stand by my 90% Sativa genetics. The Chocolate Terps are 100% from the O haze and THH.

4 Likes

Nope, Haze fun make what you want.

4 Likes

@Sbeanonnamellow very interesting hypothesis about the evolution of capacitate stalked trichomes and the fact that stalks have cloroplasts in them… I have never noticed a green tinge to them so I assumed trichomes were fed energy by the plant, not producing their own as well.

I am slightly skeptical about the idea however that it is a trait that has been mostly selected by humans. I say this because I can see capacitate stalked trichomes on my tomato plants, of course they have no THC but its the same structure. I can see very little benefit to humans selecting for trichomes in tomatoes as unlike cannabis we are not trying to ‘harvest trichomes’, but rather fruit. Which indicates to me that the capacitate stalked trichome adaptation is probably more related to protection against herbivores, heat stress, UV protection ect IMO. Stinging Nettles have trichomes that produce venom… my understanding is that glandular trichomes in plants are mostly used as defense against the elements and predators. I think it more likely that Capacitate stalked trichomes arose from the same pressures that produced trichomes in other plants. But I also am not a botanist…

Regarding the Koppen Gieger climate classification system in the post by @ChogliCap… I am not sure how relevant that system is as its not really universally applicable. It puts New Orleans and NYC in the same climate classification (cfa, humid subtropical) which seems pretty silly IMO. But it is good to give a general idea when looking for trends over large areas but it has its flaws.

Also wanted to say I really enjoy your posts… keep it up @Sbeanonnamellow! Also I was trying to figure out how to say your name but I gave up… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

sorry mate i never replied ,
got really busy around here …

anyhow to my knowledge opium was more concentrated in northern thailand than north eastern,
there was even a program by the previous king to coax the locals there to get away from growing opium and into other crops ,
the north east as i mentioned was definitely where they focused on large cannabis production and not opium ,
not to say no opium ever grew there , it may have , just not large scale like in the north as far as i know anyhow …
Weed may well have grown by thais and cambodians near cambodian rainforest ,
as far as weed for export and larger scale production goes , i havent heard of it ,
but not to say locals didnt grow it for themselves …

i do believe climate has an influence on genetics ,
though it may take more than just a few generations for those effects to show ,
in 1950 i would be going to northern thailand , chang mai , chang rai etc for opium ,
and north east thailand around Udonthani and Nong khai for cannabis ,
as i think the climates in those areas are the better ones for growing said products ,
they are also more renowned for larger scale production of them for the same reasons …

7 Likes

I took a side branch that won’t reward any shite.
Jesus Christ a ride that boosted either my body and mind.
Stoned till now

13 Likes

I guess we all have different ideas what constitutes a pure “Sativa”.

It’s interesting to note that Ace seeds refer to OT1 OTH as 200% Sativa!

In my book strains like OT1/OTH, Seedsman OHz are the pure “Sativas”.

While you may get some pure or almost pure “sativa” phenos in NHz especially if you inbreed and select for those types there is definitely some indica phenos in there too … Also with the THH personallt I never found a pure “sativa” type in the few I grew. My NH f3’s from hempy were a much more “Sativa” than THH although they had been selected to the Sativa side.

Personally hammer I’d say you plants look about 60/40 or 70/30 sativa dom by looks alone. Sure they may smoke like 90% sats but just looks alone thet look a bit less imho.

It’s all about the smoke/effects anyway imo so regardless if something looks like pure Indica if it gets me to where I want to be I would grow it.

On a side note I’m using MAC1 and THH as my current night time smokes so you can get a frame of reference. It all hits us in different ways after all :wink:

Peace!

9 Likes

Hi Folks. My first post has to be about the haze.
Here is my mango haze run. I have it down to 5 plants. Lots of phenos in the line. Out of 19 females there was 1 with sweet ripe mango carrot.
Some lemon grapefruit, one with earthy mycelium, 1 with metal/liver/dead flowers. Powerful, trippy hybrid effect. Some, if harvested early and enjoyed with a bit of coffee can produce some anxious, zippy effects.

26 Likes

Making IDs based on pics is not possible, it’s nothing more than a guess based on your garden results?. Ive never really understood why people attempt it lol. Everything ive made in the last 2 years has Haze/Sativa/Mostly Sativa genetics exclusively in them. A plant’s expression will change based on how it’s grown. This doesnt change their gene pool. I stay clear of making opinions about what a plant looks like for that reason. Using pics to ID a Sativa hybrid vs Sativa is very difficult if not impossible, The only one I’d attempt is an Indica/Afghanica vs Sativa which is easy. I appreciate your opinion but I still disagree :call_me_hand:.

4 Likes

The Original haze from AG seedco had a plant in the beans I got that was amazing for night time. Very sedative. Was the opposite of what I was expecting but turned out to be my favourite of the bunch. The ones that I didn’t like the smell or taste of had a racey and uplifting high but I couldn’t get passed the flavour of smoke but the high was like drinking coffee, very alert and a little racey. Had a cola pheno that was a nice uplifting high but didn’t keep because I made beans to hunt.

4 Likes

cheers brother

4 Likes

On the subject, I found it similar with the Sannies Jack F9 outdoor this season. The structure varied enough where it made me think how impossible it would be to notice this in a tent.
The most interesting part being how regardless of structure and bud appearance the smells and effects were so similar. It became clear that he selected on the taste and effect. Most had similar taste/smell (lemony, earthy), yet you could easily tell they had similar effects in ways yet different aspects of buzz differed.
So it left me thinking that he had cornered the haze really well, and that it was being expressed as best as it could.
This all coming from an uneducated pot head but find this very interesting.

2 Likes

Ive been thinking about what causes plants to ripen faster than normal. Let’s say a normal 75 day strain is done at 60-65 days with no apparent cause… I think the production of Ethylene is a factor in a perpetual grow, more so than in a mono crop… The younger plants are exposed to higher levels of Ethylene from older plants. This makes the most sense to me.

Ethylene is a major plant hormone that influences diverse processes in plant growth, development, and stress responses throughout the plant life cycle. Ethylene is a group of plant growth regulators that are widely used for ripening fruits and the production of more flowers and fruits. Ethylene governs the development of leaves, flowers, and fruits. It may also promote, inhibit, or induce senescence depending upon the optimal or sub-optimal ethylene levels. The more Ethylene produced the faster plants ripen aka senescence.

9 Likes

Yeap. Still more I believe terps has a play in the high.
Super hype specimens like the old O. Haze from Flying Dutchmen had the pheno of striking sharp sativa’s. Heard from here they were Golli Haze from 2001 and on. The dominance of her is outraging perform. Cuz even if we fight to find whatever Sam either Neville brought the originals is surely a plant you will never forget.

2 Likes

I see a lot of commercial producers claiming Guacamole, as long as it has 50% avocado.

Your line has good amount of indica/afghanica in the lineage of various components and it looks fairly full/dense… so it would make sense for one to draw the conclusion that there is a fair bit of indica at play influencing the flower structure.

P420 [(N-Haze(75%) x O-Haze(100%)) x (THH (100%)x A5hbx *w/white OG (25-50%?)] x Mac (25%)

Looking at the lineage of Sowah, it actually looks mostly indica dom. It may not smoke that way, but take a look at the genetic history and tell me the majority is sativa with 50% of the line being biker kush and the sour side containing afghani.

3 Likes

The NH F1s were all like and grew like pure sativas mate.

5 Likes

You can have a 50% Haze or 50% sativa that looks and grows like a pure sativa with long flower times, but that still doesn’t make it a pure sativa.

This is a 50% Haze Male.

14 Likes