Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

you could start them indoors and when you put them outdoor light dep them to finish early…

7 Likes

I am interested in growing only haze in the tent, and will try for two plants and I am going to try Upstate’s method growing in small pots and LST or bend the stalk to the far side of the tent hard and everytime it wants to stretch tie it down hard, again and again. I know of vermontman too and bought all 4 of his strains for a grow this year outside. I cant remember exactly but bought 2 strains from Mandala, and 2 strains from North Atlantic Seed Company, both were nice to do business with especially “Devi” from Mandala, as we had a challenge with CC so Devi has a trick! There were 4 strains thus far available- Green Mountain Grape, Purple Satellite, Mountain Gold and Zacatecas tribute. I was going to grow all four outside. I also have anthos seeds for outside who is a vermont grower I met last summer at a growers fest in VT.

4 Likes

Argyle you should try blue dream, its a great haze hybrid indoors. Yields good, taste good, and smokes good. It does very well indoors too, and is quite easy to grow. Would be a great choice for a first indoor grow. Also S.A.G.E is a good one…same deal as dream heavy, easy, and tasty. Personally id go for S.A.G.E it hasn’t changed at all in 30 years. If your in a medical state grab a proven clone.

3 Likes

I received some VB sourced from Snowhigh. I want to add his VB descriptions (I didn’t add all the pictures)to the discussion for more context.
Hapi Haze growing

10 Likes

That’s cool, the red/purple stem is the one I’ve seen down here I think.

5 Likes

No doubt. There’s more hype than cannabinoids out there.

5 Likes

Thank you Nick, I have smoked blue dream and it was nice! Never heard of S.A.G.E. will look it up, much obliged for the tips!

No problem man there both good for small tent grows. Don’t get too outta control, and yield is nice. Don’t know if sage is considered a haze hybrid, but it seems like one to me. It’s got that rich sandlewood smell and taste with the incense smoke.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a Vietnam Black landrace( there isn’t. Im sure) . No one in Vietnam has heard of it either, according to local brochimin( spelled wrong too). @hempy the line with Chinese in it is from SnowHigh I think. It’s quite possible there is Yunnan influence in all versions though, instead of Afghani. I can’t use a secondhand source of info and call it definitive…but to me and my nose I’d say Afghan was used. I’m attempting to remake the viet black this month. We’ll see what I come up with. Buds of vb cuttings are potent and smokable by week 5 of flower and I picked at week 7 last time and its kick ass, but the plants will flower 16 weeks. Definitely something faster flowering in the line from 1970, said to be the pure version of what I believe is the old sativa hybrid. I’m 90% sure I know how to remake it. First breeding round will tell me if I am correct, and if I am, the hunt for the proper Vietnamese pheno will begin in earnest
I very much look forward to smoking a fresh f1 viet black. I can’t imagine the potency.

15 Likes

@slain ’s VB

70’s VB x slain’s

Next time I grow the cross I will definitely sample it much earlier to see what that’s about. The Aussie VB has to be some of the best smoke of its kind I’ve ever had. If I can manage it I will never be without it. It survives freezing weather as well as Manipuri.

There are things about both of these that I find intriguing. The red/purple stems etc. and serious cold and mold/rot resistance suggest high altitude origins. I’m at 42°N.

28 Likes

I need to know the genetic makeup when growing anything. The hardest part is finding accurate info with so much BS to sift through. It’s not just LH. I will get a better idea of what I have after growing them. If I get any hybrids that look like their Indica leaners the quality will need to be so good not keeping her would be a mistake. I’ll see what I find.,

I have 3 Haze hybrids in a tent under a LED. Its normally used for males. I dont have any right now so I’m using it to flower the overflow. I get to see the difference from the main room.

13 Likes

MH X C5 X MH) X FP. These 1st plants are doing great.

19 Likes

This pic is taken somewhere in Vietnam.

22 Likes

I don’t doubt that what is called. Vietnam black is grown in vietnam today in some limited areas, but i dont think it’s a landrace, but rather a landrace hybrid. @mexcurandero420 nice Dalat tree. Good Lord look at that thing. That would fit right in in the himalayas.
@GREANDAL I see slain mentioned 1972 viet black, but it’s a 1970 I hit with that Aussie pollen from you. Man that turned out nice. How was it different from Slains?
This bud looks epic. I want to light my phone screen and smoke it🤣

Thanks @slain, @Greandal, @romanoweed and @YoBigdaddy. Great teamwork makes the dream work!

15 Likes

10 Likes

MALAWI GOLD x GRINSPOON …All of these Sativa/Haze Hybrids are solid plants,

15 Likes

Yeah my bad, 1970 it is…

4 Likes

Super Lemon Haze (Franco’s cut) is a truly magnificent plant just to veg. She brings me joy every time I see her fine Dutch bod… err, structure! :hot_face::joy:

And, left side is Cuban Black Haze. I swear I could grow a monster of this thing in the smallest of pots. She just keeps growing. I had two large shipments of clones encounter some nasty weather and then what survived was further stress tested over the next year. The two that survived and kicked the crap out of all the others, then did it again messing around with with several cuts outdoors, CBH and Zkittlez Cake (my backup momma is right). Also, this CBH is the same little girl I posted earlier, but more grown up…

18 Likes

That one is looking potent. How long does she go?

4 Likes

Thanks for saying that Hempy, it’s very confusing with all the different ones named the same. You and @wallyduck @hammerheadgenetics might remember this grow I found, Billygoat growing out and making seeds with Viet Black straight from Fet in 2010, it’s a good documentation of the VB he used if people want to dig into it:

In there he cites the Dutch Flowers strain description for Vietnam Black that he found and acknowledges that it could be a different one, but the lineage he found is interesting:

Nam F1 (Vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka Vietnam Black, aka NAMweed) -Original F1 cross: -Male Northern Vietnam/China Boarder (indica influence) -Female Southern Vietnam outskirts of Saigon (truebreeding pure Sativa NAM) Breeder’s description

There’s that Yunnan indica border influence…

Looks like the Dutch Flowers is a South/North Viet cross, of a lowland pure sativa mother with a highland sativa-dom hybrid containing some percentage of Chinese indica.

Any time I say “Yunnan” I feel obligated to tag the Cangshan Man himself @zephyr

9 Likes