Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Hey bros, is there a good discussion here somewhere on OG about best soil type, pot size etc for growing Haze? Never grown long flowering tropical sativas… thanks. :pray:

4 Likes

Yeah this was a good and informative thread about haze from all over since first post but for the last couple weeks its been over run with bitterness and pretty much nothing worth reading thats not negative. Maybe we can get Karma or maybe really good haze breeder to opine.

2 Likes

About plant breeding.
In the first half minute is shown attitude that I would like to see in cannabis breeders

4 Likes

Bunch of off-topic posts removed.

This is not a general chat topic, let’s get back to Haze and please leave ad hominem arguments aside…

20 Likes

Morality is temporary, wisdom is permanent. Maybe growing and smoking haze will cut away so much of the bullshit which makes some people uncomfortable. Since the interviews and since Mr Hill came to this site I have had revelations about Haze that I have been thinking about for more than 25 years. I think it’s a good idea to keep the topic on the haze, the plants, the variety and how to grow and make seeds with it.

Did anyone smoke something that was sold as ”Killer Haze” in the mid 1990s? Not ”Killer A5 Haze” from Ace as it’s a much later thing.

5 Likes

8 Tom Hill Haze made it to solo cups.
Teens are , random, pink champagne, puck banger, puck 91 x goodshit cross, SFV. Etc

26 Likes

Few OHz making their appearance and older one is very sticky and not even ready to flower. Liking the haze stuff already,

Leaves turned yellow from topping and too much ozone :grin:!

13 Likes

I like your Erlenmeyer flask

1 Like

Yes make my own nutes! Can make whatever mix I need and for whatever type of plant I am dealing with. Actually I have rainwater in it to feed the three in front. Letting it warm up a little was outside and cold!!

2 Likes

Coolest piece of glass I have.

Hazedrochloric Acid.

6 Likes

Small little patch of some nice landrace sativas here on East coast of South Africa
Getting rarer these days as the demand for “skunk” spreads

40 Likes

It’s amazing, the places the landraces grow want all the new modern stuff. The people that have free access to all the new modern stuff want what these landrace places have.

Those are some amazing looking plants and I’m sure there’s plenty here that would to get ahold of those genetics. I know I would if I had the ability to grow them properly, but sadly I don’t. I mean sure I could grow them but I wouldn’t be able to do them justice.

6 Likes

I ran some amnesia haze X chocolate rain and the most hazy looking pheno tasted and smelled exactly like that. We called it the catholic church weed. I imagine that is a trait of amnesia haze.

4 Likes

You’d be surprised what you can manage with limited resources in an inhospitable environment, I share your sentiment in wanting to provide the best environment for the landrace varieties to flourish. It is definitely possible to get some good results outside of equatorial zones, don’t be discouraged!!

9 Likes

I need to get one of those :grin:

1 Like

Did it kill you though?

2 Likes

For me it was just guys getting together talking cannabis. Nothing you can say would shock me is my guess. I’m not gunna say things I don’t believe or pretend shit don’t piss me off. I’m just not. Nor do I care why the rest of you feel compelled to.

5 Likes

i agree. we always want those greener pastures. i have access to the best of california dispensary clones yet i seek the unattainable. haze specifically is hard because its so long flowering. the pcg piff cut is supposedly a pure haze. she was sooo fussy and ran 11+ wks. buds were nice though.

ive heard that for sativas specifically the cut market isnt the way to go because its so commercially focused. if you want the good gear you have to hunt seeds. the clone distributors dont carry long running sativas because the market isnt asking for it.

i consider the many mild blueberry hazes that left santa cruz in the early 2000s a “landrace” strain. they were a product of a specific time and place. no one takes credit for creating them but they continue to hang around because the public loves them. my favorite of this class is double dream but blue dream is up there. theyre about as close to a landrace of bud that the us has. its not a real landrace by any means but its definitely a distinct class of plants bred for flavor and a long summer flowering period with limited humidity. it just so happens that santa cruz has just those mild summers that made it happen.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t anything with a diploid cell structure be considered a hybrid and only a haploid structure would be non-hybrid?

1 Like

Read what you just said, slowly to yourself. Say it again.

8 Likes