Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

I can’t wait to get some haze going :green_heart: I haven’t had any piffy deliciousness from the city in years

1 Like

What’s a “piffy” I’ve seen it referenced to a few times now

1 Like

It’s hard to describe. It’s a certain intense incency kinda floral flavor that certain hazes have. Was/is grown in New York City. Guys that sold it called it piff

2 Likes

Katsu seeds sells a “uptown piff” and describes
"The Uptown Piff aka Haze, aka Stoney’s Golden Haze – Anyone older than 30 that grew up smoking weed in the city knew about the Piff. This legendary 16-week strain was grown to perfection and sold for big bucks to connoisseurs up to 2 hours away. This stuff is the shit. Hard to find these days unless you grow it yourself, this is the ultimate mood elevator. This is one of the few strains that really doesn’t have a ceiling, you’ll just get higher and higher in a very spacey, cerebral way. Seriously, you just can’t be down while you’re smoking Piff. It’s got a really unique floral and earthy taste. "
A couple of breeders I heard deals in “piff”, Topdawg and Inkognyto genetics.

17 Likes

Just cracked some nyc piff #3 x grape stomper og I’m testing for SCjedi heard good things about the piff stoked to see what I will find

8 Likes

Cough cough let’s flip them bitches shall we? :joy:

69 Likes

I see when looking closer, some have a yellow coloring on the new inner portion of the leaves. I wonder if this is a Colombian characteristic?

2 Likes

If you are talking upper sections it’s because chlorophyll having a hard time keeping up with them. If you talking lowers it’s because ocean forest soil proved a bit too hot to pop seed.

16 Likes

You can’t do it all from the armchair brother get out there and learn.

12 Likes

Do you think that trait is linked to any type(strain of cannabis) and I wonder what is causing this deficiency (iron)?

I have and when you said Hey sometimes the ones that you might not want to overlook are the ones that kinda have a little bit of trouble getting started before they kick it into gear. I ended up with a female Todds OHz who did this and just makes me wonder?

2 Likes

So you’re flipping when they’re that small? Do you end up revegging keepers or taking a cut after they show sex? Asking bc I just popped some haze and wasn’t planning to flower that quick. I apparently have a bit to learn w hazes!

1 Like

It’s not a deficiency. When plants grow quickly, the growth tips stay yellow until photosynthesis begins, which creates chlorophyll, giving the leaves green colouration.
The plant is just growing so fast that you are seeing the leaf extend faster than photosynthesis can convert light. They green up quickly; It’s a good sign

9 Likes

It is ecological not genetic. Stand in the corner for 5 minutes.

7 Likes

Most plant are able to sex at the 7th node. To trigger the auxins at the meristem you really want to get started 12/12 etc around the 5th node. They will stretch for 2 months after and I can back them up in clone form anytime in there.

20 Likes

I talking haze now. Not some Floridian Cuban black lol

16 Likes

What do you mean by that

Have you ever tried the Oldtimer’s haze looking cut of (AKA feral looking) Piff? The long-time flower frankie/churchy line that carries the frankincense ?

I don’t think so, the ones i know I’ve tried are La vieja and Cuban black haze. I’m younger so I wasn’t there when more haze was going around

1 Like

I had a clone of the Cuban black once…and it went with all the other plants in the veg room into the flower room, and was too far before I remembered I wanted to take cuts to save :sob:

2 Likes