Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

sure thai is some dominant stuf… my thaihaze male runs over anything, and make even peaceful meditative dreamy big sur holyweed to be some extremely psychedelic trance weed… in one pheno hehehe

I used pakistani kush x thai from Hawaii, I cant thank enough to unknow guys who bred this jewel. and first time I smoked it, I noticed this intense thai characteristics. though it has some ceilling to it and the offset is very crashing and devastating.

thaihaze male removed crash and devastation from the effect of mother.

mindblower:

34 Likes

The Doors
Breeder: Shantibaba
Both in 5 gallon buckets, one is weeks ahead of other.

Other

Hapi joy

34 Likes

Coming along very nicely. What week is this? any strong aromas?

5 Likes

Thanks, weeks 9 ish and week 7 ish, strong limonene, pine smell coming off rub
Edit: strong

6 Likes

Oh it’s way low. The first 5 weeks of flower were at 40f in 6x6 pots. No culling, no selection. Just a punch in the gut from mother nature and that’s farming man.

12 Likes

Gotta do what Mother tells you, man.

6 Likes

@TomHill, you know better than most. No meat = No pudding.

3 Likes

That’s my favorite pink Floyd tune :heart:

3 Likes

Should I build a wall?!!!

2 Likes

Until you can utterly and completely and honestly let go, don’t try to know me man.

5 Likes

Oooh…Babe, you’ll always be baby to me
Mother did it need to be so high

My grandparents had a German exchange student come over in 1979 with a brand new copy of the Wall. My little brain listening to that album spinning on repeat with headphones changed my freaking life.

4 Likes

All in all, you’re just another brick in it.

5 Likes

grandfunk

36 Likes

Darnit Maha! I said I would buy seeds when I had enough money! You must stop tempting me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

So no selection, just open pollination? Nevil was all about selection before the pollen flew. He didn’t think open pollination preserved the best traits. He saw it as limiting to getting the very best iirc.
I used the Flying Dutchmen Haze and also Seedmans Haze to try a selection smaller than yours. Wasn’t in a good jurisdiction or facility to continue and therefore, killed it.
Sativa breeding seems to be at least 4 times harder than Idicas due to the longer turn around time for selection. Best wishes for this run.

2 Likes

Nevil: " All of my Haze came from these seeds of which I was saying I got 7 plants."

After the first batch of '69 Haze seeds only produced 1 plant, I decided to plant the rest. This produced 5 plants A,B,C,D and E.
Plants B,D and E were females, of which B was the best. I tried all possible combinations and the best was B x C. BC was actually grown commercially alongside 5HzC1, so it was a 10/11 week plant. This fact alone indicated that HzB was a Haze Hybrid to something early. I suspect that most of BC’s quality came from Dad.
I planted the rest of the old seeds. One came out. O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out.
The males were the “goods”. Without those two plants, I think that all would have been lost. If I’d only kept a cutting of the first female, whose genotype was closer to male A. I’m start to get that sad feeling again.”

from 7 plants he used 2 males, I probably dont understand the word selection, because I thought that if you select from something, it is bigger amount of it, and if you get 2 males, and use them, I dont see that you would select them, select 2 males from 2 males? now everything is selection probably.

4 Likes

Eh. That’s like literally the only example where Nevil says he didn’t do selection… but not seen there is the fact he ran out thousands of other non 1969 haze beans also from sam and didn’t use any of them. Is that not selection? The fact that 7 beans had exactly what he wanted doesn’t count? The best nl5haze clone in his opinion, was the #1. Aka, the first seed he planted of the entire cross. Sometimes you just get lucky. The other best cut took 121 more beans to find. The mango 122 cut.

He also stated he selected in all of his backcrosses to his clones. Among others.

6 Likes

I don’t understand having a line for 30+ years that only 5-10% of the plants are good in, and then doing no selection and just open pollinating for decades like that’s going to make it somehow better? So here we are decades later with no improvement to the line… :thinking:

8 Likes

I saw only one backcross, it is called nevilles haze, yes he grew some seeds from crossing those 3 females with those 2 males. he didnt use anything from that. I think I didnt say he would not grow those seeds he made.

yeah he says all skunkman seeds are crap, I know. I have totally different experience… I think that Tom Hill too…

3 Likes

Ah okay it wasn’t the first year but the later northern lights beans sold in the catalog’s and definitely from sensi were backcrosses to his clones. NL1, NL2, NL5 seed lines were all backcross lines to the original clones.

5 Likes