Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

So super silver haze is just a improved version of Jack Herer?

I’ve found Jack Herer to be a more clear headed creative type of high while super silver haze makes me get just stupid.

Not a sativa guy at all but I’m starting to come around to them. They used to give me panic attacks.

5 Likes

While it’s believed that both SSH and Jack are a hybrid of Skunk, NL and Haze, I don’t think the breeding process was ever laid out. At least, not that I can remember. It stands to reason that the Haze A or C male was used as the father, since those two males were used in a lot of breeding projects, but nobody knows the ratios of Haze, Skunk and NL in either hybrid, I don’t think. They could’ve taken a Skunk/NL female and crossed it with the Haze male, picked the “haziest” offspring and crossed that again to the Haze male etc etc. Or they could’ve taken the most NL-leaning male offspring and crossed it with a Skunk-leaning female from the same generation. Or maybe they crossed an NL with the Haze and then took a male from that and crossed it with a Skunk female. Or whatever. On and on…

Jack and SSH might contain the same genetics, but they aren’t the same thing. SSH isn’t an “improved” Jack. Honestly, probably almost every cannabis plant in existence these days contains some percentage of Northern Lights (which from everything we know is a pure Afghan) or Skunk or one of the other “building blocks” of modern cannabis in their genetics. That doesn’t mean that every cannabis strain is basically the same…

9 Likes

Thanks for posting.

I’m well experienced in growing for high yields and pheno hunting females but as far as knowledge of strains/origins and breeding selections for desired results I’m really clueless.

Have made F1/S1 to preserve good moms and for the hell of it but that’s as far as I’ve gone.

It still amazes me just how many strains are just a selection of skunk/nl/haze expressions and how surprisingly different they can be.

Still running old school Northern Lights. Never gets old.

12 Likes

This is a Haze Only thread, how dare you post a picture of that Northern Lights! Haha.

Just kidding, gotta love that old-school NL.

Yeah, the whole thing with Jack, the secrecy bullshit is just that: bullshit. It’s not like somebody’s gonna re-create Jack. Unless you have access to those specific parent plants, you can’t do it. Might as well tell us how it was done…

5 Likes

14-15 weeks !!!

2 Likes

18+ weeks or so.

2 Likes

lost count around 18 yeh :joy: :herb:

I think it’s a bit over 20 … couldn’t kill it if I tried

3 Likes

Strawberry haze x banana o.g

7 Likes

14 Likes

Don’t worry baby. We protect u

(Ironic because this was fallen from caterpillar damages)

5 Likes

Good morning, and just for the sake of clarity; I do not sell “Original Nevil’s Haze” seeds at AGSeedco.com

I have “Original Haze” from Skunkman Sam, who is the guy that Nevil first begot Haze from.

In 2012 I was in Amsterdam receiving the Cannabis Culture Award along with Dr. Lester Grinspoon and Richard Branson. Skunkman Sam came to the event and I used the opportunity to ask him to please sell me the same Original Haze seeds that he sold to Nevil in the 80’s. After laughing at me for a few minutes, he told me to come over and when I went, he hooked me up with Original Haze seeds.

He also told me at that time that he never sold Nevil a kilo of Original Haze seeds, he told me that he had only given Nevil 2 male Haze plants sometime in 1987.

After doing some research, I no longer believe the story that Nevil ever had a female Haze plant or imho, he would have made an F2 cross of original Haze seeds (which is why Sam never sold him Haze seeds or gave him a female cutting), but he didn’t, and Haze was not even mentioned in The Holland Seed Bank catalog until 1988 and then was only available as a cross with Haze as the male.

If you have not already read my article about Nevil after he passed, please check it out, as you might enjoy it.

23 Likes

the end of the season

10 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

What a beast! It sure has that wild haze look too, very nice. How much did you yield off that tree?

1 Like

900 grams roughly of destemed trimmed

4 Likes

Nice,all the best

1 Like

What is Australian Dead Head?

1 Like

You could breed a trait to be recessive enough to be rarely seen but as long as a trait is in the dna of anything it will always have the possibility of showing up down the road at some point if you run enough of them

1 Like

Half a year i would be tempted to rub some chars off it halfway through :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes