Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Nice pictures guys.
Not sure the on the colombians and thai info being put out. Its just sounds bit like the propaganda the media put out , I wouldn’t always really on media articles. Any one here actually smoked colombian or thai in the 60’s ? 70’s maybe ? Or even 80’s maybe ? A sample of late 70’s thai bud (bud someone had vacuum preserved from the 70’s)from the necter program got tested recently, it turned out to be something like 12%cbd and 12%thc. I remember in the 60’s and 70’s some of the thais were that stong in head and body effect that alot of people started thinking it must have opium added to it. Some of the green type colombians could be very clear in effect, many decendants of most likely african high thc v strains. Ive seen old africans that looked very similar to some colombians and brazilians. But then you could also find those more red or brown colombians that could make your eyes all red and heavy and give a dreamy and body effect, and thais that would make you feel like you had stuck your hand in a lightbulb socket or feel like your levitating when walking. I think mr skunkman prefered colombians because of their clearer high, why he worked and saved what he says is the colombian based haze in holland .
Every is putting up so very nice pictures, keep them coming please, its such a pleasure to see all the different types from everyone.

5 Likes

dont know why anybody would make propaganda about colombians in 1978??? what would be point of it? in three independent articles from three different authors… nobody was selling seeds back then, no seedbanks… propaganda started with seedbanks. and it is called marketing usually, not propaganda… like you cross haze with NL and still call it haze…

of course in that time indicas were not so widespread, these guys didnt smoke much of indicas in that time, only mexican, colombian, more rare hawaiians or thais, cambodians etc… so if they say downer effect, they still mean “sativa” effect, and not downer effect like some indicas provide today… of course.

another source is DJ Short, he says about colombian gold of yesteryear: “First came the great flavor, then the stupefying awe of the shift in consciousness…”

to stupefy means to make stupid, groggy and insensible… yes?

that is strange coincidence that four independent sources talking about the same effect typical for colombian… and strange coincidence that hybrids based on colombians working like that today…

besides that I found it true to colombians we have now. yes original haze is good preservation of colombians, especially of colombian gold…

till 2010 original haze was colombian/mexican mixed with thai and south indian according to Skunkman, after he gave seeds to Todd, he changed it to three way colombian? any reason for such turn???

we see we can get thai pheno from it too… there is no doubt about it.

the fact that colombians contain higher doses of cbd is very well known and probably reason for downer effect, for example breeder from ACE is very well aware of this, I noticed after conversation with him…

in the end anybody can judge it fortunately. get seedsman(colombian gold selection of original haze) crosses from white buffalo like black lumbo x seedsman or something from Mr. Nice like the doors and compare it with thaihaze hybrids. it is simple. and you will see the difference.

or get bandaid haze, colombain dom too… or get any piff seeds like brown uptown or Fort Collins cough, colombian too or PNW Dogshit… mango haze too… nevilles haze too - no it is not electric. or amnesia or super silver haze, all colombian dom… strawberry cough too… I like them all… nice smokes, nobody says it is not strong or that it is hay. so no colombian haze lovers have to feel insulted. no need for it.

12 Likes

JC no you didnt ??? That looks sick dude, nice breeding and selections
prolly smokes like a dream VB/BH

3 Likes

thanks man, sure it is dreamy from BH7 hahaha :smiley: but VB makes it more clear and luminous, if you ever experienced luminous effect like everything is soaked in light even there is night hahaha

8 Likes

The green lumbo effects from good Ace OTH are very energetic. Double espresso. Lights brighter and solid waves of energy from head to chakra. Purple lumbo OTH dreamier, muddier, more stupefying effects. Last years green OTH…denser flowers, soapy, less energetic but positive mental effects.

10 Likes

laughing halo’s on street light color more vibrant make life just feel better
makes me think what micro dosing would be
On a good one it makes me stop enjoy the little things

the spice of life, take time to stop and smell the flowers
good smoke reports
:sunflower: :hugs:

3 Likes

No, you’re conflating the words “stupid” and “stupefy.” Stupefying means, like, amazing or astonishing or awe-inspiring. It’s really more of an adjective/adverb, never actually heard anyone use it as a verb, although it can be used as one. If I ever heard anybody say,”That stupefied me!” though, I’d think they were kind of weird haha.

Think Close Encounters of the Third Kind, when Richard Dreyfus sees the mothership for the first time. That was stupefying.

I know English isn’t your first language, so I thought I’d help you out there. I used to work with a lot of foreigners and always tried to help them improve their vocabulary haha.

I agree. I’ve grown plenty of longer-flowering stuff that was extremely relaxing. Which I appreciate.

6 Likes

Ace of Haze still going on day 98 of flower

35 Likes

Hard to compare sinsemilla with seeded bud the latter is a bit faster. This round was heavily pollinated by April 1 and harvested on may 15. I am more looking at seed development than anything else. The seed pic in my hand was a seed check one week before harvest. Anyway so yeah they were 14.5 weeks into flower when I pulled them down, a good 6 weeks of seed development. That 14.5 weeks is where the bulk of the line mature at it’s only a small percentage that goes 16+ weeks or 12+ weeks.

15 Likes

Actually Sam is on record 20 years ago saying the purple haze was very potent but he prefers the lime green with a bit of Thai - it’s cleaner. He seems to have ahem, changed that up a bit now. I smoked a bunch of Lumbo and Thai way back when there was good Lumbo about 1 in 100 shipments lol and great Thai about 8 in 10 shipments. Most folk talking about Thai wiping them out are talking about the come down, they forgot they were pacing back and forth for 4 hours before crashing out for the rest of the day lol.

19 Likes

Lime green > Purple any day

5 Likes

In my experience that is true. And who knows why. It could be phosphate lock up bringing auxiliary pigmentation is linked to macro cannabinoid biosynthesis also. It could be as simple as darker colors grow a hotter bud and degrades shit. Who knows but yeah man purple weed is for squares haha. All other things being equal

12 Likes

Whatever it is that makes the purple weed dreamier, more introspective, a bit drunker with body effects…I can’t say. There is a time and a place for all things…but given a good caffeinated, psychoactive lime green and a muddier purple, I’d choose the former 9 of 10 times. If I want to get a little more introverted and watch a flick or something, than sure purple has its place.

6 Likes

Yep purple has its place… In the old ladies purse :joy:

11 Likes

Ain’t ever gunna be like what does this nasty hobbit have in his pocket.

8 Likes

Face it guys, that’s the way it is.

5 Likes

Gollum > Smeagle

4 Likes

I have 5 of this feminized seeds. Should I buy more to find a keeper phenotype such as yours or do you think that Ace has done proper selections so that I can do well with just a pack? Love the result you got and the BX’s. It is very nice to see that other people have had or have similar ideas to mine. It makes me feel like other people could appreciate the work I plan to do in the future.

4 Likes

I’d run those first and see! Their selections are good and you’ll probably find a keeper unless you are trying to find something specific.

If you want to make some BX, I can send you some of my bx2 to get a male to use.

4 Likes

hahahahahhahaha :laughing:

1 Like