Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

Me too, normally at about the fourth or fifth node. It does help them branch out more imho. I have had issues with them splitting down the middle, star fish style on the ground in heavy storms etc, so now I cut an 8 inch piece of poly pipe, slit it length ways; cut a couple of hinges on it then fold it into a triangle and tape it to the fork where it wants to break, it seems to work a treat.

6 Likes

I like tied downs better than tipping, plant yields more and has better air movement.

The branches grow up and almost grow into plants themselves, you can also create multiple root balls on a single plant also.

Not my pics, but they give you an idea.

23 Likes

A method I like, particularly with sativas, is supercropping (bending at right angles). I can more than tripple production and still retain the top cola.
Works really well indoors with long flowering and leggy sativas.

6 Likes

this is also the style i adopt and as soon as the branches it encourages to become main stems grow up a bit , i bend them too and so on ,
i did try the tying down also hempy , but where i live we need to get them away from the ground as much as we can , in specific times of year i lift the girls skirts up off the ground at least 300 mm ,
so for me its bend bend bend like chili does …

@slain , yea ive had that issue too man , sounds like you have a good remedy for it ,
ive cable tied split stems and later found the cable tie embedded into the stem as it has grown around it …

7 Likes

Works outside for leggy branchy Sativa as well.

22 Likes

Damn it man! :joy: That tree trunk is THICK ! How do you bend something like that? :rofl: I have always tied down my plants but it was mostly so the helicopters could not see them. I would lay them down so they were at the same level as the surrounding weeds. :rainbow:
Hey @wallyduck . Is Ducksfoot a BIG plant? Also does it like the heat?

4 Likes

@hempy . That is a wild picture. I have never thought of doing that but it makes perfect sense. I have a Panama red that roots like crazy. It would be perfect for growing like that. :rainbow:

2 Likes

yes and yes magu , hehehe …

4 Likes

So far that mild sweet carrot smell is about all she is putting out actually. I anticipate some of the a5 to show up soon(hoping)

2 Likes

My little bit of Australia in Alaska.

These Nevil’s Mullumbimby Madness have overtaken her lesser BLD sisters.
Been super cropping the heck out of them.

Week 5

29 Likes

Nice looking plant that’s thrown to the Colombian side.

3 Likes

So Colombian from the Nevil’s Haze dominant then?
Would you say the Colombian typically dominates the Thai when they are crossed?

2 Likes

It has the MM Colombian side look about her in this pic.

14 Likes

When it’s still young and flexible, I plant them on an angle instead of straight up so they are lying down, then I just pin the main stem to the ground with some wire made into a ground staple. It’s mostly to keep them from sticking out so much, but also it helps protect them a bit from the crazy summer storms that turn up sometimes, and it definitely increases the yield.

7 Likes

Ok, thank you!

1 Like

In which age you tie them down? And do dig them in or ooen the ground for them?

2 Likes

Purple Haze Auto from Zamnesia in a Minigrow One full auto box. Last picture 4 wks of flowering. 5-6 to go I think. No sound, no smell, touchscreen to program it, easy. Grew outside for much more than a decade, wanted to go undercover :slight_smile:

Plagron terra grow first, than plagron terra bloom, since a week mixed with plagron green sensation. Once a week stuff to keep the leaves green instead of calmag, EC 1,3, pH6.2

First picture not mine.

17 Likes

It depends on how you grow outdoors, I let my plants get to say 4ft outdoors, and then I tie train it towards the ground, but it needs to be done slowly so you don’t snap the plant.

Other people start when the plants are shorter.

2 Likes

Deliverance (Thai x Nevils Haze) starting to stake off now, thinking a few more weeks before I Put the first one into flower.

24 Likes

I smoked some “blue hawaiian” from the streets of nimbin about 10 years ago, any idea what that might have been? It was lovely fluffy sticky nugs. Ps I am glad the MM thai magic is still around queensland. I still havent heard of a pure thai that beats mullum or tom hill haze thai phenoes. If someone has it they really should share it before it’s lost forever!

7 Likes